Star Wars Fallen Order

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Some very hot'n'cold opinions out there: some found the story to be excellent while others found it boring. One review said they should have played Force Unleashed instead :laugh: Those games were awful if you ask me. Seems that reviewer is mostly driven by nostalgia.

Can't wait to get home to play it. Almost called in sick to play but I decided to not be a child about it.

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Hearing it has some technical problems and some frustrating platforming stuff, but the core game play is satisfying. As some one who doesn't care about Star Wars at all, this is probably a wait and buy until it's all patched up and at the $20-$25 price point.

Looks cool, though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The gameplay is frustrating to me. It's going to take some time to beat the game, but it's not because it's overly difficult or because of an overwhelming amount of content.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Think I might pick it up once it's cheaper and might just play Sekiro again in the mean time.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So what is it because of? Controls?
I like the combat when it is a 1v1 situation, but there seem to be frame rate and performance issues when there are multiple enemies. I think that part can be fixed in a patch.

The maps are giant and linear, so when you go to explore, it just becomes a chore to get back to the ship since there is no option to fast travel or just appear at the ship. In some games where it's like this, you can at least come across side missions or new and unique things when you make your way back, but you either come across nothing if you don't meditate or if you meditate, you get the exact same enemies in exact same locations.

There are puzzles you need to do throughout to advance, but it's just very repetitive, same with the enemies.

Some of it can be fixed with patches, some not so much. I'm not saying it's a bad game, those are just some frustrations. Lightsaber customization is good, but the other stuff is lacking.

Last edited:
Reactions: GlassesJacketShirt

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is there any character customization?
You get to change the color and style of his poncho, the skin of the droid on his back, and the skin of his ship. All of those are pretty lackluster. You do get really good customization of his lightsaber though.

Everything else stays the same.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Some very hot'n'cold opinions out there: some found the story to be excellent while others found it boring. One review said they should have played Force Unleashed instead :laugh: Those games were awful if you ask me. Seems that reviewer is mostly driven by nostalgia.

Can't wait to get home to play it. Almost called in sick to play but I decided to not be a child about it.

They were not great, but at the time, the mechanics of what you could do with the Force were pretty fun to mess around with. At least, that was what I thought.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
The gameplay videos I saw for this game looked so blah for me. I don't even know what I didn't like, maybe that everything seemed so scripted (linear path through levels, with regular stopping to fight random groups of enemies). Maybe I'm just spoiled by more open-world or free-flowing games. Hopefully I'm wrong, because I love me some Star Wars.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
You get to change the color and style of his poncho, the skin of the droid on his back, and the skin of his ship. All of those are pretty lackluster. You do get really good customization of his lightsaber though.

Everything else stays the same.

Does that mean I have to play as the ginger that looks like or is Ian from Shameless?

At least I get the lightsaber

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Does that mean I have to play as the ginger that looks like or is Ian from Shameless?

At least I get the lightsaber
Yep, it is Ian from Shameless. Also the Joker in Gotham, just a random connection to Hamill playing the Joker and a jedi.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The gameplay videos I saw for this game looked so blah for me. I don't even know what I didn't like, maybe that everything seemed so scripted (linear path through levels, with regular stopping to fight random groups of enemies). Maybe I'm just spoiled by more open-world or free-flowing games. Hopefully I'm wrong, because I love me some Star Wars.

I've got nothing against a good linear action game, but I do admit it looks a little generic hack and slash in its design.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

My thoughts are similar. It looks pretty linear, like you're on a narrow track that takes you through the level and forces you into the same encounters each time. I also haven't liked what I've seen of the adventure/platform elements, like running along and climbing walls, which don't seem challenging or rewarding because it's obvious when the map maker expects you to perform them. I get a bit of a feeling that I've played the game before, maybe because it looks a lot like Jedi Academy from way back in 2003, which I didn't like much. What does seem different and a little interesting are the Dark Souls-like boss battles, but I didn't like Dark Souls when I tried it, so I'm not too optimistic that I'll like them here. Anyways, Fallen Order doesn't look like my kind of game so far, but I'll give it a chance at some point and I hope that I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nizdizzle

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Playing it now. Just got the wall-run and enjoying exploring, it really does feel a bit like Metroid Prime and that is a very good thing in my book.

Combat is a bit "loose" but it works and also sounds and looks great.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Got a few hours played this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'm not used to this kind of melee combat so the controls were a little bit weird to me to at first, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm actually really enjoying the exploration more than I thought I would. The puzzles aren't too difficult, but you still have to think about it a little.

Ultimately this is what I was looking for in Star Wars Jedi game

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm enjoying the game so far as well. Feels a lot like playing a Tomb Raider game mixed in with Star Wars though but I'm fine with that cause I love Tomb Raider

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So I get killed in the middle of a fight with multiple stormtroopers...and then immediately get respawned back into the middle of them to get killed immediately again. Fun.:thumbu:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm loving the game. Playing on master difficulty and it's a pretty good challenge. The environment and style reminds me a lot of dark souls lite meets tomb raider.

One thing I hate though is the sliding crap. It is buggy and lame as hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad