Movies: Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The haters are the ones who are still posting videos on Youtube about how TLJ is social engineering. Of course there are crazies on both side, that is never not case.
Sure, but you also still have people on the other side going on and on about Reylo, how the ST is better than the originals, etc. Both sides are trying to profit off this mess and most of us are just left in the middle. It's not like there are that many still making videos on the problems of TLJ.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It ruins it for the viewer because the emotions from the movie are ruined.
Studies have argued that you can actually enjoy a work better if you know the twists.

Also it seems that Palpatine is still alive, and I am a bit bummed out by that. Was really hoping for him to be a malevolent force ghost.

Reactions: Eisen

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Studies have argued that you can actually enjoy a work better if you know the twists.

Also it seems that Palpatine is still alive, and I am a bit bummed out by that. Was really hoping for him to be a malevolent force ghost.
And for movies like this or superhero movies, the final films are always pretty telegraphed. It's not like Disney will end with the bad guys winning. You just hope there are surprises and suspense on the way to the ending.

A force ghost/spirit would be easier to explain too. I hope the explanation for him being back isn't too cheesy or ruin Vader's/Anakin's prophecy.

Reactions: ArGarBarGar

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
One of the things I'm glad to see is Lando and Chewie in the Falcon together. Hopefully Lando ending up with the Falcon happens, that would be a good wrapup for that character. Too bad we missed out on him and Han being together. I'm betting Lando back in the Falcon will be an emotional scene.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That floating iceberg scene was definitely in space. I'm betting the shots with all the ships ends up in space.

Was it? Looks like a planet to me... water underneath reflecting the iceberg and stars above.

I thought the trailer looks great. Lots of interesting moments that I'll be intrigued to see what happens with in the movie.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Was it? Looks like a planet to me... water underneath reflecting the iceberg and stars above.

I thought the trailer looks great. Lots of interesting moments that I'll be intrigued to see what happens with in the movie.
Look closer, the bottom of what we'd assume is the reflection off the water does not match the top peaks of the iceberg.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It doesn't lineup, you're right. But you can also see stars through them on the right side... soooo... who knows what it is really.
Yeah, we'll have to wait and see to know for sure. I'm glad it will feel like a unique setting regardless of what it is.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This movie needs to be good or the franchise is in serious trouble

I'll wait and see it before I make any comments on it but it had better be better than the last few star wars movies or I'm done

Even nostalgia has its limits eventually

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
At this point I would guess that the majority of Star Wars' audience already knew the "I am your father" reveal long before they ever watched the actual movie.

No sir, there was no social media to spoil things. It was quite a surprise. Of course, once it hit theatres, word spread quickly.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
No sir, there was no social media to spoil things. It was quite a surprise. Of course, once it hit theatres, word spread quickly.

I dont think you get my point. Im talking about the totality of their current audience.

For example I am 33 and I knew what "Luke, I am your father" was literally years before I ever watched a Star Wars movie.

I never watched Star Wars without the knowledge that Vader was Luke's father.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I dont think you get my point. Im talking about the totality of their current audience.

For example I am 33 and I knew what "Luke, I am your father" was literally years before I ever watched a Star Wars movie.

I never watched Star Wars without the knowledge that Vader was Luke's father.

For sure, I totally missed your point. I mean, today, it's pretty much the original meme.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
For sure, I totally missed your point. I mean, today, it's pretty much the original meme.

The first time I saw that line might have actually been in The Simpsons. And I popped louder for the Lion King reference. :laugh:

giphy.gif

And even then, I already knew the line.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
By the mid 90's it was so ubiquitous it may as well have been a slogan for a fast food chain. :oops:
When you are a young kid watching it in the 90s, you were most likely fine. I'm pretty sure I was shocked, but I watched it at a time when I now can't remember when I watched it for the first time. I imagine it's like those videos of little kids watching it know and having their mind blown.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
When you are a young kid watching it in the 90s, you were most likely fine. I'm pretty sure I was shocked, but I watched it at a time when I now can't remember when I watched it for the first time. I imagine it's like those videos of little kids watching it know and having their mind blown.

Yeah we may have actually turned a corner on that reference in that now it is so old that modern shows wouldn't reference it because its old and passe, therefore "kids these days" are not having it spoiled everywhere they look like us poor 90's kids.

:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad