Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Glad to see the old trilogy maps being added to CS. Just have to get a few more heroes and elite troops added.

Also, CS is still loads of fun, but I can never play through a full game. I had a blast playing as Anakin yesterday. Geonosis may still be my favorite CS map.

Yeah, it’s just far too long. I’d prefer they go to the old style where bases determine how your computers fight and you get a respawn cap. The problem with that is that one person can ruin it for 40 people by just jumping off a cliff over and over.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Co-OP is a lot of fun, but it's too easy with legit players. They should have the difficulty based on player ranks.

That being said, I got my ass whooped in the clone wars Co-OP mode. Not sure if my team sucked or it was just more difficult.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Co-OP is a lot of fun, but it's too easy with legit players. They should have the difficulty based on player ranks.

That being said, I got my ass whooped in the clone wars Co-OP mode. Not sure if my team sucked or it was just more difficult.
Some of the maps are just bad. Jabba's Palace when you are the Empire is a slaughter fest. The AI never makes it out of their spawn.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Think they're fixing that with the next patch. The Rebel side is pretty easy as well, as the map is just a series of choke points.
Yeah, that's the problem with some of the maps. Jabba's specifically because it was never designed for GA or CS, it was always a smaller game mode map. An easy map for the attackers isn't a big deal because you at least get to play through the whole thing, when it's too easy for the defenders, it's just really boring.

Since Co-op is just a mode against bots, it doesn't really bother me if it's unbalanced. I'd rather them focus on other things.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

I would love for them to add difficulty modes so when you’re with a team it can be a real challenge.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah, that's the problem with some of the maps. Jabba's specifically because it was never designed for GA or CS, it was always a smaller game mode map. An easy map for the attackers isn't a big deal because you at least get to play through the whole thing, when it's too easy for the defenders, it's just really boring.

Since Co-op is just a mode against bots, it doesn't really bother me if it's unbalanced. I'd rather them focus on other things.
Yeah, give me more heroes any day. I enjoy the new maps but I just don’t see how that’s more important than adding more playable characters at this point. Ventress, Ahsoka, Mace Windu, Jango Fett, Cad Bane, IG88, etc etc. Theres still so many out there.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, give me more heroes any day. I enjoy the new maps but I just don’t see how that’s more important than adding more playable characters at this point. Ventress, Ahsoka, Mace Windu, Jango Fett, Cad Bane, IG88, etc etc. Theres still so many out there.
That and there are plenty of skins I want too. I just want to play as a Rebel pilot before this game dies. Don't care if it's a skin for Luke, a skin for the Rebel assault, or a reinforcement. Give me the orange jumpsuit and helmet.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
That and there are plenty of skins I want too. I just want to play as a Rebel pilot before this game dies. Don't care if it's a skin for Luke, a skin for the Rebel assault, or a reinforcement. Give me the orange jumpsuit and helmet.

Im all for skins but if it’s work time on skins or new heroes I’m going heroes every time.

The orange jumpsuit would be sick though.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Is anyone savvy with Leia in HvV? I love to use her in Co-OP mode, but I struggle with her in HvV.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is anyone savvy with Leia in HvV? I love to use her in Co-OP mode, but I struggle with her in HvV.
Yeah. She's definitely improved on what she was. Still gotta hang back a bit, but that E-11 can melt people. Throw the shield in a protected area away from the chaos and use it as a fallback to pick up health.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

I enjoy her more but still not a huge fan. The grenades are a big improvement but they still don’t explode quickly enough to really be useful against a saber villain coming right at you.

Im in the same boat for HVV.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I haven’t found this to be the case for me personally. Don’t have much trouble dealing with a Leia and struggle to use her still. Might just be me haha.
She's probably more Bossk than Han, and Bossk is sort of useless at times in HvV, especially if the heroes go full saber users. In GA and eventual Supremacy, she's very good. In HvV, you have to know how to use her, but she's very easy to kill if you are a saber user.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Alright I'm super bored so gonna go ahead and do my top 3 heroes and villains along with some helpful tips on beating them.

Light Side

1. Anakin Skywalker - Dude has great range with his lightsaber, one of the best combos in the game, and starts with super high health. Anakin is one of a couple of heroes/villains that frustrate me to play against as I believe almost anyone can pick them up and be decent with them. A really good Anakin changes the entire game. His pull/heroic might/swing combo can basically end you if you get caught in it.

How to beat: Avoid the above combo. This is my best advice. Anakin also only has so much stamina. If he's out there swinging away you won't have to wait long for him to stop. Be careful there too though, as his passionate strike goes right through blocks.

2. Luke Skywalker - Luke is one of the fastest heroes and both with his abilities and his swing speed. If he comes up behind a shooter they're basically done unless they can get an ability off perfectly or have a teammate jump in. His ability to rush forward in a swing is invaluable even if just for getting behind opponents to hit their backs when they're playing defensively. His push and slam abilities are perfect for getting enemies off of both himself and teammates as well.

How to beat: This is another character a lot of people can pick up fairly quickly. If he's the type of Luke that loves to swing, parry him by striking him right after he starts swinging at you. Another move is to simply dodge behind him when he's aggressively swinging. If he's a good Luke he won't be overly aggressive though. In this case, I generally try to get behind him and use an ability. Trying to out-dodge a Luke can be very difficult though.

3. Han Solo - By far the best light side shooter for me. His blaster is ridiculous and can take any character's health down quickly with headshots. He's got the best abilities for handing Jedi up close with both the charge move and the bomb to quickly send anyone flying. He's also super fun to play with once you get the hang of him.

How to beat: Han's shots aren't super easy to land at distance. If you're far away, he can easily be avoided or blocked with a saber. If he's up close, you really have to avoid his abilities. The charge move is often make or break for him. If he misses you with it, you're in a good spot. The bomb almost can't be 100% avoided, but taking less damage is obviously always better than losing half your health to it.

Dark Side

1. Darth Vader - Another character most people can pick up easily. This one I especially hate though. I find that most Vaders simply run in choke/throw lightsaber, then back up and block until those abilities are recharged, and repeat. It can be annoying to face even a mediocre Vader as he has such ridiculous stamina against attacks. A good Vader is another match changer. I'd say he's the best character in the game. He lacks speed but has everything else with the high health, high damage, ridiculous abilities, etc.

How to beat: This sounds cheap, but I mostly avoid good Vaders until my teammates are there too. The other big thing is to avoid his choke at all costs. Not only can he do a combo with the choke and lightsaber throw that takes 80% or so of your health, he can also drop you over an edge, or just let his teammates finish you off while you're stuck there. Vader is ridiculous and really every dark side team should have one if they're worried about winning. He can easily take on several characters by himself or join a fight and kill every hero with a choke combo.

2. Iden Versio - Another fun characters for me. Iden is a game changer in the sense that the light side can't stay together against her continuously blocking. Her alternate fire goes right through blocks. I'll often switch to Iden if I feel the other team is playing too defensively and I'm annoyed with the pace. 99% of teams don't have a counter for it. Her droid is great as well.

How to beat: Get in her face and don't allow her to hit you with splash damage over and over from her alternate fire. When you're close to here, she'll send out her droid to shock you. If it hits you, she can kill you from full health if she knows what she's doing. Make sure you avoid that of course.

3. Kylo Ren - Probably my favorite character to play with. He's basically the lite, dark side version of Anakin. Great combo with the pull, freeze, frenzy. Great range with the frenzy range card as well. A lot of people don't expect you to jump from 30 feet away with his frenzy. Like most of the others I've mentioned, Kylo's abilities are great for helping out teammates as well. A well timed freeze or pull can entirely change how a battle is going.

How to beat: Kylo's swing is strong but it's fairly slow when he's not using his frenzy. Take advantage of this and dodge behind him while he's swinging. If he hit the attack button too many times, you can get a few easy hits on him this way. Avoiding his pull or freeze to set off his combo is always good too.

These are all based on my experience with/against these heroes and villains. I'm not a good Lando or Leia for example. Also, I based all of these on HVV. Heroes like Bossk would've made the cut if I were just thinking about co-op or supremacy.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
My favorite heroes for HvV. This list is mostly going to be heroes that I came up against in HvV and decided to try themselves and ended up loving them .:laugh:

Light side
1. Han Solo: I never really liked blaster heroes until I started using Han. His blaster is lethal and his bomb and his charge buys him a lot of time.
2. Rey: She was the first hero that I used when I got the game and I liked her a lot. Her mind trick is good to buy you a little bit of time and her dash is pretty decent too. Not best lightsaber hero, but I like her.
3. Leia: Back from the dead. I played her like once or twice before and there was nothing really about her that was strong. After the update she's a beast. Her thermal detonators are great and I love that her shield regenerates health now. Quickly rose the charts

Dark side:
1. Palpatine: Again another hero that I used a lot when I got the game and I just found him fun to use. I wish his stamina wouldn't drain as fast as it does, but otherwise I think he's great.
2. Kylo Ren: I like all of his abilities and I think they fit his character very well.
3. Phasma: I mostly started using her because I absolutely hated going up against a good Phasma. Gave her a run out and I saw why people used her. Her blaster has good range, her survivalist greatly helps her health and her staff does a good job to help fend off lightsaber heroes. Her droid controls areas insanely well.

I think both the light and dark side heroes need another lightsaber character soon. I think you need to get Ahsoka and Ventress in this game to change it up a little. Would love to see Mace Windu in this as well. After that I'm not sure who else to add.

Sep 19, 2008
Haven't played in a while but I always tilted towards the sabre heroes in Hvv. The gun heroes were kind of hard to play. Vader was always good to play as well as Kylo. The third is probably Grievous.

Resistance: Luke, Anakin, Obi

Sep 19, 2008
My favorite heroes for HvV. This list is mostly going to be heroes that I came up against in HvV and decided to try themselves and ended up loving them .:laugh:

Light side
1. Han Solo: I never really liked blaster heroes until I started using Han. His blaster is lethal and his bomb and his charge buys him a lot of time.
2. Rey: She was the first hero that I used when I got the game and I liked her a lot. Her mind trick is good to buy you a little bit of time and her dash is pretty decent too. Not best lightsaber hero, but I like her.
3. Leia: Back from the dead. I played her like once or twice before and there was nothing really about her that was strong. After the update she's a beast. Her thermal detonators are great and I love that her shield regenerates health now. Quickly rose the charts

Dark side:
1. Palpatine: Again another hero that I used a lot when I got the game and I just found him fun to use. I wish his stamina wouldn't drain as fast as it does, but otherwise I think he's great.
2. Kylo Ren: I like all of his abilities and I think they fit his character very well.
3. Phasma: I mostly started using her because I absolutely hated going up against a good Phasma. Gave her a run out and I saw why people used her. Her blaster has good range, her survivalist greatly helps her health and her staff does a good job to help fend off lightsaber heroes. Her droid controls areas insanely well.

I think both the light and dark side heroes need another lightsaber character soon. I think you need to get Ahsoka and Ventress in this game to change it up a little. Would love to see Mace Windu in this as well. After that I'm not sure who else to add.
always found Palpatine hard to play. Still haven't learned how to play him properly. You see everyone in game flying and shooting lightning and when I do it I get shot down immediately :laugh:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Light side

Dark side:

Good list. I agree on most. The emperor is someone I debated on putting in mine as well. A great emperor has more impact than a great Kylo I just don’t face them often. One of my friends plays him frequently and generally finishes with at least 15k score in HVV. Also one of my favorites to play. Dodging around Jedi is just so fun.

Leia is one I’m starting to come around to as well. Her spam fire (forgot the real name) is insane and will easily kill a swinging saber hero landing every hit.

Phasma is deadly with a team that’ll stay with her. I’m not a huge fan of that strategy but I can’t knock its effectiveness. Her gun isn’t very deadly like Iden’s though. Honestly it could probably use a buff along with the droid being nerfed.

I’ve been asking for Ahsoka and Ventress forever. They were rumored to be in production a while back but haven’t heard anything since. Some of my friends are speculating they might be working on a Battlefront 3 soon. The main guy who’s worked on the past 2 was assigned to a big EA project recently.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Haven't played in a while but I always tilted towards the sabre heroes in Hvv. The gun heroes were kind of hard to play. Vader was always good to play as well as Kylo. The third is probably Grievous.

Resistance: Luke, Anakin, Obi

Shooters can be frustrating to play without a good team. They’re so vulnerable close to sabers but if your team is supporting you they can easily finish first.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Shooters can be frustrating to play without a good team. They’re so vulnerable close to sabers but if your team is supporting you they can easily finish first.
Yeah, it really depends on the makeup of the team. Since it's almost always with random people that can't even chat, you'll sometimes face teams of all saber users and even though it's less likely all blaster heroes. That really affects the dynamics of the battle, so knowing the right counters to certain characters is a big help.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Good list. I agree on most. The emperor is someone I debated on putting in mine as well. A great emperor has more impact than a great Kylo I just don’t face them often. One of my friends plays him frequently and generally finishes with at least 15k score in HVV. Also one of my favorites to play. Dodging around Jedi is just so fun.

Leia is one I’m starting to come around to as well. Her spam fire (forgot the real name) is insane and will easily kill a swinging saber hero landing every hit.

Phasma is deadly with a team that’ll stay with her. I’m not a huge fan of that strategy but I can’t knock its effectiveness. Her gun isn’t very deadly like Iden’s though. Honestly it could probably use a buff along with the droid being nerfed.

I’ve been asking for Ahsoka and Ventress forever. They were rumored to be in production a while back but haven’t heard anything since. Some of my friends are speculating they might be working on a Battlefront 3 soon. The main guy who’s worked on the past 2 was assigned to a big EA project recently.

Yeah sometimes I feel pretty scummy when I use Phasma, but I think because not a whole lot of people play as her that they don't know how to counter her. When a game isn't going the way that I want I'll switch to her sometimes to try and turn the game around. I go up against people all the time who just run up to me thinking that I'm vulnerable, get stunned and then I melt them with her blaster.

always found Palpatine hard to play. Still haven't learned how to play him properly. You see everyone in game flying and shooting lightning and when I do it I get shot down immediately :laugh:

Yeah it took me a long while to get used to Palpatine. He's fallen down my list of heroes that I use, but when I started playing the game he was someone that I used all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad