Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I've just never enjoyed Palpatine, always seemed boring to me. Just jump and spin around with an auto-lock and chain ability that can hit a ton of people. I also got bored with Anakin because of his ability loop. There just isn't much variety to their gameplay. I kind of go through phases of who I like to play, as I think all of them are pretty decent now, just depends on which ones are bugged, and what mode you are playing. Chewie is more enjoyable now that they modified his bowcaster, so now he has range when you shoot a single bolt. Maul has always been fun to play as. Dooku lets you focus on saber combat and not just spam abilities.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah, it really depends on the makeup of the team. Since it's almost always with random people that can't even chat, you'll sometimes face teams of all saber users and even though it's less likely all blaster heroes. That really affects the dynamics of the battle, so knowing the right counters to certain characters is a big help.

Ive found playing all blasters with a squad makes for a really easy win most of the time. People just don’t know how to counter 4 people shooting at them if they get anywhere near us.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah sometimes I feel pretty scummy when I use Phasma, but I think because not a whole lot of people play as her that they don't know how to counter her. When a game isn't going the way that I want I'll switch to her sometimes to try and turn the game around. I go up against people all the time who just run up to me thinking that I'm vulnerable, get stunned and then I melt them with her blaster.

Yeah it took me a long while to get used to Palpatine. He's fallen down my list of heroes that I use, but when I started playing the game he was someone that I used all the time.

I don’t think playing phasma is scummy. But I do have a problem when squads sit in a small area hiding with phasma. It’s effective but a pretty cheap way to win imo.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I've just never enjoyed Palpatine, always seemed boring to me. Just jump and spin around with an auto-lock and chain ability that can hit a ton of people. I also got bored with Anakin because of his ability loop. There just isn't much variety to their gameplay. I kind of go through phases of who I like to play, as I think all of them are pretty decent now, just depends on which ones are bugged, and what mode you are playing. Chewie is more enjoyable now that they modified his bowcaster, so now he has range when you shoot a single bolt. Maul has always been fun to play as. Dooku lets you focus on saber combat and not just spam abilities.

I’ll give you that you do a lot of the same things over and over with Palp, but what makes it fun is the skill it takes to time the dodges to avoid the pushes, pulls, etc. everyone tries to use on you.

Agreed on Anakin. As I said in my list post, pretty much anyone can pick him up and be alright with him. I play him sometimes when Luke, Han, and Yoda are gone though.

Chewie’s bowcaster is much stronger now but shoots much slower as well. People I play with who played him a lot seem to not like him as much anymore. Could just be my friends though.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ive found playing all blasters with a squad makes for a really easy win most of the time. People just don’t know how to counter 4 people shooting at them if they get anywhere near us.
Yeah, especially when there are multiple stun abilities or auto-lock abilities or Boba.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’ll give you that you do a lot of the same things over and over with Palp, but what makes it fun is the skill it takes to time the dodges to avoid the pushes, pulls, etc. everyone tries to use on you.

Agreed on Anakin. As I said in my list post, pretty much anyone can pick him up and be alright with him. I play him sometimes when Luke, Han, and Yoda are gone though.

Chewie’s bowcaster is much stronger now but shoots much slower as well. People I play with who played him a lot seem to not like him as much anymore. Could just be my friends though.
Chewie is more useful in GA now, so that's why I like the changes.

Yeah, not saying Palp doesn't use skill or isn't fun in general, just for me I don't enjoy him as much. I'll use Anakin or some of the more powerful heroes when the matches aren't balanced and my team needs a boost. Vader right now is ridiculously powerful since he can block while choking and gets damage reduction at the same time.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t think playing phasma is scummy. But I do have a problem when squads sit in a small area hiding with phasma. It’s effective but a pretty cheap way to win imo.
Agreed. That's a tactic that I hate, especially in certain areas of maps. Or back in the day when they had targets and Boba would just constantly fly around the map.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Chewie is more useful in GA now, so that's why I like the changes.

Yeah, not saying Palp doesn't use skill or isn't fun in general, just for me I don't enjoy him as much. I'll use Anakin or some of the more powerful heroes when the matches aren't balanced and my team needs a boost. Vader right now is ridiculously powerful since he can block while choking and gets damage reduction at the same time.

Yep, so stupid with Vader. Why does he get free rein while doing an ability that’s already that good? It’s ridiculous.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What heroes do you guys not enjoy or just not good with?

Or better yet, what are the most annoying abilities to go up against. I hate the mind trick abilities, I think they are both a bit OP, Rey's and Obi's.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
What heroes do you guys not enjoy or just not good with?

Or better yet, what are the most annoying abilities to go up against. I hate the mind trick abilities, I think they are both a bit OP, Rey's and Obi's.

I don’t like Bossk in HVV or Finn. They’re solid in other modes though. Never really been great with Lando either.

For abilities, I really hate Vader’s choke. I don’t see why the best ability in the game also gets to have damage reduction with it. Vaders can try to choke with basically no risk. Every other character’s abilities that are powerful generally take damage or aren’t as powerful with some damage reduction.

Used to hate the mind tricks but I’ve gotten pretty good with them. Kenobi’s doesn’t let you use abilities but they don’t expect you to parry them and swing back. Rey’s can be more tricky but they often don’t expect you to use an ability on them. Jumping also works well against her as she’s got no ability to hit you in the air. Just make sure you’re pretty far away when you jump because they’ll still get a few hits in even if you’re 30 feet in the air if they were close enough (please fix this already).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t like Bossk in HVV or Finn. They’re solid in other modes though. Never really been great with Lando either.

For abilities, I really hate Vader’s choke. I don’t see why the best ability in the game also gets to have damage reduction with it. Vaders can try to choke with basically no risk. Every other character’s abilities that are powerful generally take damage or aren’t as powerful with some damage reduction.

Used to hate the mind tricks but I’ve gotten pretty good with them. Kenobi’s doesn’t let you use abilities but they don’t expect you to parry them and swing back. Rey’s can be more tricky but they often don’t expect you to use an ability on them. Jumping also works well against her as she’s got no ability to hit you in the air. Just make sure you’re pretty far away when you jump because they’ll still get a few hits in even if you’re 30 feet in the air if they were close enough (please fix this already).
Yeah, the hit detection in this game is still terrible.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Galactic Assault is pretty much dead unfortunately. It’s in the more category now where game modes go to die.
I still play it because CS is so f***ing long + GA offers more heroes. It does take a while to find a fake at times. It's a fun mode, though some of the maps suck.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Thinking of snagging this before the sale ends. How's the player base like? Is there a pretty decent amount of people still playing this?

Still plenty of people play. But like some of the conversations that was happening a few posts ago, they've really centered the game modes around Co-op and Supremacy and sort of kicked the other games modes to the side. So it really depends on what game mode you want to play. Galactic Assault is my favorite mode, but since it got moved off the main page its harder for lobbies to fill up.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Still plenty of people play. But like some of the conversations that was happening a few posts ago, they've really centered the game modes around Co-op and Supremacy and sort of kicked the other games modes to the side. So it really depends on what game mode you want to play. Galactic Assault is my favorite mode, but since it got moved off the main page its harder for lobbies to fill up.

Yeah this is a big problem for galactic assault now. I have to try 2-3 times before I can actually join a game.

Heroes Vs. Villains is still very much alive too. I mean it’ll never be call of duty type popular but there’s a lot of people who play this game.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
From the looks of it Supremacy seems to be just like Conquest in Battlefield which is the only mode I even play so that works for me.
Thanks for the input you two :thumbu:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
From the looks of it Supremacy seems to be just like Conquest in Battlefield which is the only mode I even play so that works for me.
Thanks for the input you two :thumbu:

Conquest was the mode where you could choose which maps to attack right? It’s not really that similar other than there being more than just one battle. It’s definitely a fun game mode though.

I would do unspeakable things for a Galactic Conquest game mode.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So for the people here that have played the game for good amounts, what vehicles have 1st person cockpits? Is it all of them, is it just the starfighters, or is it a combination of selected vehicles and fighters?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So for the people here that have played the game for good amounts, what vehicles have 1st person cockpits? Is it all of them, is it just the starfighters, or is it a combination of selected vehicles and fighters?
Gunships, but those are on rails. The big tanks/walkers, but those are on rails too. I think the starfighters, but I never play those in 1st person, too much of a disadvantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad