Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The matchmaking in this game is just so awful.

We played a 3-5 games yesterday against this group of 4. First game, no problem. Smacked them around and won like 28-0.

Then three games in a row our 4th person who was a random would leave almost immediately after the game started. Lost each game by 5-15 kills because we played it entirely 3v4 and the other group got smart and only attacked us if they had the numbers.

We finally got sick of the 4th leaving and invited another friend as we were pissed at this point. He comes in and we win 33-0.

Goes to show how much that one person can make a difference if the other team is playing smart. So frustrating that the game will just let you play the entire game 3v4.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Gunships, but those are on rails. The big tanks/walkers, but those are on rails too. I think the starfighters, but I never play those in 1st person, too much of a disadvantage.
But all the walkers are 3rd person? I ask because the original version had every single vehicle with a 1st person mode and just don't understand how they don't have those options even though they're disadvantage in online gameplay.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
But all the walkers are 3rd person? I ask because the original version had every single vehicle with a 1st person mode and just don't understand how they don't have those options even though they're disadvantage in online gameplay.
The AT-AT and MTT are on rails that only go forward and are only on certain maps. The Clone gunship and U-Wing are on rails that go in a circle and only on certain maps/phases. Those are in 1st person. The other ground vehicles are just 3rd person.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Anyone else noticed that even when you're directly behind Vader and he's stationary your abilities just don't seem to work on him? I've been seeing this more and more recently.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
No more future content after this Scariff update.

I’m pissed to say the least. Hopefully this means they’ll start work on a third one. I believe one of the recent community managers who was on for both of these ones was recently assigned to a new project.

If they learn from their past mistakes a new battlefront would be huge.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Hell, all updates are done with BFV after the May update. This had a longer shelf life than BFV did, and I can say, when this first came out, I did not expect that at all.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’m pissed to say the least. Hopefully this means they’ll start work on a third one. I believe one of the recent community managers who was on for both of these ones was recently assigned to a new project.

If they learn from their past mistakes a new battlefront would be huge.
Yeah, Dennis Brannvall is moving on from Star Wars, he was the main dev. The community manager was promoted to a producer recently, so I sensed this was coming.

If they do a Battlefront 3, I hope it feels like a complete game at release. Both of these felt lacking at the start. This one eventually got there content wise, but it was a buggy mess for most of the life. They at least have a lot of content to work off of for the next game, if there is one.

In the end, the turnaround the dev team did on this game was very good.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah, Dennis Brannvall is moving on from Star Wars, he was the main dev. The community manager was promoted to a producer recently, so I sensed this was coming.

If they do a Battlefront 3, I hope it feels like a complete game at release. Both of these felt lacking at the start. This one eventually got there content wise, but it was a buggy mess for most of the life. They at least have a lot of content to work off of for the next game, if there is one.

In the end, the turnaround the dev team did on this game was very good.

Yeah it definitely needed a lot of fixes. There are still tons of bugs but it’s a great game overall. I’m upset we got two droids barely anyone plays and we’ll never get Ahsoka or Windu. Such awful decision making there.

They got their last financial push with the ROS update and now they’re abandoning it in typical EA fashion

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Sad that this will be the last update and hopefully they'll divert their attention to focus on battlefront 3. Honestly I think I'm most happy about getting Rey with her yellow lightsaber.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sad that this will be the last update and hopefully they'll divert their attention to focus on battlefront 3. Honestly I think I'm most happy about getting Rey with her yellow lightsaber.
We are finally getting a Maul skin, but need 5,000 kills with him to get it. Grind and grind in co-op.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yep it is. Forget that haha. 50 kills a day would take 100 days.....for a skin.......that doesn't even look that good.
If you play Co-Op a few times a day, it won't take that long, especially since this is the last thing to grind for in the game for most.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
If you play Co-Op a few times a day, it won't take that long, especially since this is the last thing to grind for in the game for most.

Yeah you would think that right but everyone else is mostly trying the same thing. If someone gets to him before you they'll keep him the entire game. I just don't think I have the interest to make this worth it for me.

Recently I've been getting kicked about every other match online so I'm also a bit fed up with this game right now.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah you would think that right but everyone else is mostly trying the same thing. If someone gets to him before you they'll keep him the entire game. I just don't think I have the interest to make this worth it for me.

Recently I've been getting kicked about every other match online so I'm also a bit fed up with this game right now.
Yeah, it's disappointing at how many bugs will be left in the game and other gameplay frustrations.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Playing the OT Supremacy, it sucks. Without the ship phase, it's incredibly boring if the match isn't balanced, which they never are. Each side can only have 2 heroes and they never die in this phase because of the bots. They added star-fighters, but those don't help gaining command posts, and like the heroes they tend to not be available either.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And now with co-op, after I finish a match, it kept putting me in matches that were halfway over. If this is what the state of the game will be from this point forward, it's going to die very quickly.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Playing the OT Supremacy, it sucks. Without the ship phase, it's incredibly boring if the match isn't balanced, which they never are. Each side can only have 2 heroes and they never die in this phase because of the bots. They added star-fighters, but those don't help gaining command posts, and like the heroes they tend to not be available either.

Im not a fan either. I actually pretty much stick to exclusively Clone Wars because the other two just aren’t very good imo.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
And now with co-op, after I finish a match, it kept putting me in matches that were halfway over. If this is what the state of the game will be from this point forward, it's going to die very quickly.

That’s very strange. The game definitely needs some work still. My friend and I play a lot of supremacy now and run around as heroes together basically just playing arcade seeing who can get more kills/points.

It’s annoying though because my game freezes every other game and I get kicked. They really need to fix that.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Been trying to get better with heroes I don't normally play lately. Dooku is a lot of fun one on one. Still not very good against groups but his dodging is good enough that you can generally weave between multiple enemies and wait for help to arrive. Rey is also pretty good with the dash and strike combo that can basically take all of an enemy hero's health in a few seconds.

I think I've recently changed my mind on who the best hero in the game is as well. I now believe it's Iden. Her fire rate is just so good combined with her alternate and droid she is ridiculous. A great Iden controls a game even moreso than a good Vader as long as her team isn't completely incompetent. Ran into a team with three of my friends the other day who are all pretty good. 3 of the enemy team was just so-so. We had no problem with them 1v1 but with the Iden constantly firing at us we ended up losing by like 20. Don't think I've ever lost by that many with a team before or ran into such a great Iden.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The matchmaking in HvV is stupid. Can't tell you how many times I've been in lobbies going up against the opponents team where all 4 players are well over level 100 for each of their characters where my team is full of players who are not even level 10 with their character.

Iden is definitely underrated. A good Iden with a semi competent team is lethal.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The matchmaking in HvV is stupid. Can't tell you how many times I've been in lobbies going up against the opponents team where all 4 players are well over level 100 for each of their characters where my team is full of players who are not even level 10 with their character.

Iden is definitely underrated. A good Iden with a semi competent team is lethal.

I agree the matchmaking is bad but also in most of those cases I bet 3-4 of those level 100s were in a group. I don’t really play HVV unless I have at least 2 others with me because it’s such a team centered game. Even then, that 4th player can easily ruin it by running in and dying 20 times against a good team.

When we have a squad of 4 we all just try to out-Rambo each other and only intentionally link up when someone has multiple people determined to kill them.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I've recently been playing a lot of Grievous and man is he OP right now. His claw rush in small spaces is just unfair against shooters. If you put on the 50 extra damage after 1 target has been hit card you can basically take a shooter from full health to 0 in one claw rush.

Ran into some teams lately that have been running with a Grievous/Vader/Bossk combo and it's nearly unbeatable if the players in the squad are good. Bossk and Grievous in close quarters is such a good combo. Then throw in Vader who is just ridiculously overpowered in any situation.

I really wish they'd nerf the dark side a bit as whenever we face a good squad it's always whoever's dark side wins. Just too many good abilities between Vader/Iden/Grievous/Kylo/Bossk. The light side is also pretty boring to begin with. Feels like all the jedi are very similar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad