Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I have a habit of not doing it that much, but it's come in handy when I actually do it without getting myself out of rhythm. I find a lot of the HvV games to be unbalanced enough to the point where I just mess around. I'll only pull out the bag of tricks when it's a close match of evenly skilled players, otherwise it sort of kills the fun.

They desperately need a ranked mode for HVV. I love playing with friends but after an hour or so it can get old winning 30ish to 0. There’s just too many bad players on this.

Also, I’m not sure when but Ahsoka and Ventress have basically been confirmed. I’m looking forward to that but I’m hoping they expand into the other eras more afterward.

My dream come true actually though would be for them to start on a 4th era. Preferably the Old Republic with Revan, Malak, Bastilla, Carth, etc. but I’d also settle for the High Republic. This seems more likely if they do end up basing the next group of movies around this time frame.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
They added BB-8 and BB-9 to the game and I’m not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I’m glad we’re getting more heroes. On the other, I’m annoyed we’re getting a couple of droids as heroes before we have Mace Windu, Ahsoka, Ventress, etc.

They focused on the wrong thing here imo. Also it’s kinda ridiculous to see Darth Vader go against BB-8. They’re moreso there to support the other heroes, but still a bit silly.

Hopefully we get Ahsoka and Ventress next as I know they’ve been in the works for a while.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I haven't had a chance to play as either of them yet, but its definitely different and unique and I'll give them credit for that. At the same time though its basically a gimmick and I agree that they should focus on more important heroes and honestly I think I would've preferred more skins rather than the 2 BB units.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They are pretty fun to play as, especially once you upgrade their star cards. Seeing them take out heroes is just weird though.

The update also made Vader an absolute beast, and he was already one of the best heroes. When Vader choke's he now has damage reduction, can attack, and can block. They just need to remove that damage reduction. Anakin's nerf still doesn't do anything to why he's OP. His pull brings you directly to him, which then begins his ability loop. If they make his pull more like Kylo's where it doesn't pull you to him, then he would be fine.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
They are pretty fun to play as, especially once you upgrade their star cards. Seeing them take out heroes is just weird though.

The update also made Vader an absolute beast, and he was already one of the best heroes. When Vader choke's he now has damage reduction, can attack, and can block. They just need to remove that damage reduction. Anakin's nerf still doesn't do anything to why he's OP. His pull brings you directly to him, which then begins his ability loop. If they make his pull more like Kylo's where it doesn't pull you to him, then he would be fine.

Really? I haven’t noticed this yet but also haven’t been on much the past week or two. That’s really dumb, he was already a ridiculous character. The damage reduction was taken away a few updates ago because he was too ridiculous being able to choke and unable to be hurt. I’m annoyed they brought it back.

Vader is a character I feel almost anyone can pick up and do decent with. Now he’s going to be broken again where a good Vader will win almost every match.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Really? I haven’t noticed this yet but also haven’t been on much the past week or two. That’s really dumb, he was already a ridiculous character. The damage reduction was taken away a few updates ago because he was too ridiculous being able to choke and unable to be hurt. I’m annoyed they brought it back.

Vader is a character I feel almost anyone can pick up and do decent with. Now he’s going to be broken again where a good Vader will win almost every match.
Yeah, if a good player gets Vader in GA or HvV, then the light side is in trouble.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Not a big fan of the new supremacy era. The first order has huge advantages with Kylo vs. Rey, the jet trooper, and their ship is far easier to defend. Their ship is a bridge at the end they can easily defend from a distance whereas the Rebels ship is different rooms that are fairly easy to take.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not a big fan of the new supremacy era. The first order has huge advantages with Kylo vs. Rey, the jet trooper, and their ship is far easier to defend. Their ship is a bridge at the end they can easily defend from a distance whereas the Rebels ship is different rooms that are fairly easy to take.

Some of the maps are poor fits too IMO. They are so big, I feel like in the Republic era, they are a bit smaller so there is less travel from command post to command post. It kills the fun for me, and I end up preferring GA or HvV.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Some of the maps are poor fits too IMO. They are so big, I feel like in the Republic era, they are a bit smaller so there is less travel from command post to command post. It kills the fun for me, and I end up preferring GA or HvV.

Agreed. You almost have to play a jet trooper or you’re going to be at the same base most of your life.

I enjoy supremacy but it’s far too long of a game mode. I never play more than one game at a time.

Sep 19, 2008
I haven't played in months so when I loaded hvv up yesterday and saw bb 8 lol. Love having him in game.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’ve never played any of these games before. All I know about this one is the Loot Box controversy. Is it still a problem? What’s the situation with loot boxes and pay to play as of now?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I’ve never played any of these games before. All I know about this one is the Loot Box controversy. Is it still a problem? What’s the situation with loot boxes and pay to play as of now?

Non existent. Lootboxes are gone and have been gone for a while and the only that you can pay with real money is to get skins which provide no advantage whatsoever. If you're just jumping into it now, it might be overwhelming because the game has been out for over 2 years and level up their characters a bunch. But a lot of new people have been jumping on because the gameplay has vastly improved. Its a load of fun. Not perfect by any means, but fun.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah loot boxes haven’t been a problem since before release.

It really doesn’t take long to level up a favorite character either. Just play when it’s 2x or 3x xp and you can level them up like 5 levels a match at first and then several a match after that playing co op. Co Op has made it easy.

Reactions: Roman Fell

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We are finally getting new blasters in the new update. Leia and Chewie are getting good buffs. Some other good updates too.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Convenient. It's on sale for $23. Just bought it. Alright brah's, give me all your tips and strats :yo:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Convenient. It's on sale for $23. Just bought it. Alright brah's, give me all your tips and strats :yo:
I'd start with C0-Op to level up characters and unlock/upgrade weapons. It's technically multiplayer, but the only actual players are on your team, so you are playing against bots, which makes it easier to grind in the beginning.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'd start with C0-Op to level up characters and unlock/upgrade weapons. It's technically multiplayer, but the only actual players are on your team, so you are playing against bots, which makes it easier to grind in the beginning.

Did you just volunteer to be my xbox friend and play with me?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Did you just volunteer to be my xbox friend and play with me?
I honestly don't play as much as I did in the past, still get on every once in awhile. Hopefully the new weapons get me hooked again. Co-Op places you in a random lobby, so you don't have to know people to play the mode. It's also a pretty casual game, so coordination with teammates is pretty non-existent.

If you want heroes fast, use Officer with the Officer's Presence star card, one of the command star cards, and Bounty Hunter star card to get battle points the fastest. They nerfed it a bit, but it's still the fastest way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
That’s a lot of co-op maps. I’m exited to say the least.

The Leia buff is much needed. She’s practically useless in HVV.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Just read through the full update and damn Leia might’ve just jumped from worst character to maybe top 5. Her shield will heal now, more damage overall and dropoff, three thermal detonators instead of the useless flash grenade. I’m going to call that she’ll be nerfed within the next few updates as I think they might’ve overcompensated here.

Looking forward to it either way though.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
This game has been so refreshing. I don't play it for a few months and come back to a completely new game pretty much. I don't remember if they had instant action before but its great that it is now. Also, they added more single player offline maps which always nice

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Glad to see the old trilogy maps being added to CS. Just have to get a few more heroes and elite troops added.

Also, CS is still loads of fun, but I can never play through a full game. I had a blast playing as Anakin yesterday. Geonosis may still be my favorite CS map.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad