GDT: Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 3: Leafs @ CBJ - Aug. 6th, 8:00 PM ET - NBCSN - SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
The guy has pride for our city. Everyone is afraid he'll leave when the contract is up but I really don't see it.
Agreed. Decked out in Raps gear tonight. He loves the spotlight and attention he gets here in Toronto. I think it's safe to say it's his second home. I think he took the contract that would allow him to make more long term, but make a deal happen quick and not drag like it did with Nylander and Marner. It was quick and painless. Yup, works for me. Talk to you again in 4 years (yes I know it's a 5 year contract but I assume they talk the year before he's a FA)

Reactions: Duffman955

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Agreed. Decked out in Raps gear tonight. He loves the spotlight and attention he gets here in Toronto. I think it's safe to say it's his second home. I think he took the contract that would allow him to make more long term, but make a deal happen quick and not drag like it did with Nylander and Marner. It was quick and painless. Yup, works for me. Talk to you again in 4 years (year before he's a FA)
He can walk if he chooses when the deal is up.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's playoffs man! Lol I feel ya. I can't shake them no matter what. My lady looks at me like I've lost my mind the way I sit on the edge of the couch for 2.5 hours lol

Myself, I don't feel nervous at all. Calm as can be. Game 3 of a play in round is nothing compared to game 6 of the NBA Finals, for example. Now that was bonkers, lol. This is small potatoes, haha.

Reactions: Kurtz

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
quiet gdt today... usually a lot more active, lets go leafs!
THere's some treal, I mean real excitement in the streets I was just feeling it and mystifying it a bit more. Sensing it. They was all talkin bout "we are the most richest club and now we have a chance at the stanley cup" and then some other fans was like :"I'm so jelious of the maple leafs organization and club and like I want to be like them." Etc.
So the excitement gets people quiet sometimes, don't worry about that sire. It'll all be gravy in the end and we'll be able to celebrate :clap:

Reactions: rubous

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Myself, I don't feel nervous at all. Calm as can be. Game 3 of a play in round is nothing compared to game 6 of the NBA Finals, for example. Now that was bonkers, lol. This is small potatoes, haha.
Wish I had those nerves lol I do right now. Have for games 1 and 2. Cool as a cucumber. And then right around the time the anthems are playing...the nerves are shot lol Nervous anxious excitement

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is this breaking news orrrrrr?
Haha not tryna be a smart a** but yeah...no kidding lol the whole point people are saying is we don't think he will walk
Just trying to help. Your post made it sound like you didn’t know that.
Saw you edited your post, all good.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I'm going on record officially and suggesting the winner of this game wins the series.

So this is critical Leafs continue where they left off and get the lead early and play from ahead and bring this one home.
l like the five-game series better than seven. It adds a sense of urgency to every game.

Reactions: Nylander88

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Just trying to help. Your post made it sound like you didn’t know that.
What about it exactly made it sound like that? I stated from another post I agree that I think he loves the city and is here to stay. And stated that they likely negotiate the season before he becomes a Free Agent. I'm just not sure where it seemed like I didn't understand that free agents can pick their destinations lol

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I’d go with Fred both games if he has another good game. The effect of a back-to-back is mitigated by the fact there is no travel and both teams are in the exact same scenario.
Korpisalo has about a 1.00 GAA and Andersen about 0.50 GAA.

Goaltending hasn't been a problem for either team yet.

Unless there's an injury or a blowout, I'm not expecting any goaltending changes on either side, back-to-back or not.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Come on Leafs! need this win to add to this already spectacular day. Our family just closed today on the house of our dreams :) Nothing better to cap it off with a dominant win tonight!!
congrats on your dream home closing, hope it brings joy to the whole family, win tonight as well:thumbu:

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario

Something tells me we go 7 D. Double shifts for Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander down with Clifford & Spezza. Helps fill Jake's void by committee on the back end. Different style guys for different situations. Also if one is really struggling, he can just sit him and go with the other. Flip side is it'll give our big 4 a little extra ice and maybe some uneven matchups. Definitely think it'll be 7 D tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad