GDT: Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 3: Leafs @ CBJ - Aug. 6th, 8:00 PM ET - NBCSN - SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
That is a completely piss poor reason to keep a top prospect in the bubble
No, it's not. He's one of their better alternatives, and teams need alternatives through playoff runs. This is where he belongs, as he would on any team. He's not held back by being here.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Instead of the Maple Leafs using the standard NHL/NBA visitors locker room since they are the "away team" tonight, they are using the Toronto Raptors locker room.

Not sure if this will fly with NHL, lol. They don't want the host teams (Toronto and Edmonton) to have any home ice advantages. OR maybe NHL Okay'ed it.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Not sure if this will fly with NHL, lol. They don't want the host teams (Toronto and Edmonton) to have any home ice advantages. OR maybe NHL Okay'ed it.
Other teams have used the Raptors room. Keeping the Leafs out of there is more "unfair" than having them use the room for one game, and it's not like the Leafs just went in and squatted. They were obviously assigned the room.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

ALine

May 14, 2012
Seeing how we're being forced to let other teams use our dressing room the NHL can just STFU in this case.
This. There is no advantage to be had by using the 'home' room, even when we are the 'away' team. I hope they changed the carpet because i shutter to think how many loogies get hoarked on the maple leaf

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Please win
Please win
Please win

Come out and compete, play to your strengths, play as a 5 man defensive unit to help the defense and goaltender and I'm confident we will

Reactions: willmma

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
We tend to step up when one of our main guys goes down.

I'm confident we'll win tonight for Jake.

4-1

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
The guy has pride for our city. Everyone is afraid he'll leave when the contract is up but I really don't see it.
Same. He worries me the least out of em all. Which is weird cuz he is American, no connection to Canada except for being drafted by a team. I think he has really grown to love the city over the years. I know he doesnt live here full-time but in terms of the atmosphere of city, the fans, restaurants, shopping, love for Leafs, he could do much, much worse.

Reactions: Nylander88

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Same. He worries me the least out of em all. Which is weird cuz he is American, no connection to Canada except for being drafted by a team. I think he has really grown to love the city over the years. I know he doesnt live here full-time but in terms of the atmosphere of city, the fans, restaurants, shopping, love for Leafs, he could do much, much worse.
Yeah, agreed. He seems to love the spotlight and I do think he understands the significance of winning here. I believe he truly wants to win here and be the guy to bring the Cup back to Toronto. I just can't see him leaving, but who knows.

Reactions: Nylander88

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Barrie has played well under Keefe, and has taken a step forward in the playoffs but it's 2 games. He isn't at his Avs level yet but he's fine.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Colorado gave him ridiculously sheltered minutes.

Theres a reason why even Keefe couldn't fix him. He just f***ing sucks.
Yet Avs fans love him, and was used a lot by their coach. Barrie has played well under Keefe, and is more then fine in his role.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Barrie has played well under Keefe, and has taken a step forward in the playoffs but it's 2 games. He isn't at his Avs level yet but he's fine.
He moves way too slow on the powerplay, which is why it is so hard for us to get set up if the puck ever comes out. Would like him to use more speed when skating up.

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Whatever he is being paid for, he is not doing it yet. Becoming clear that he is overpaid (5th highest paid player in the NHL). Don't care cause it is not my move but with the cap remaining flat for the next few years, it does not give the team much flexibility to add. His greed may ultimately get him a ticket out of Toronto.
Agreed, he is worth 8 million at most.
What really worries me is that he is a good guy, and the enormous pressure of the 5th highest contract in the league could be his undoing.

Reactions: ToneDog

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
My eyes are on Rielly tonight. It's understated how he can control a game when he's on.

If our no.1 plays like a no.1 tonight we won't miss Muzzin.

Reactions: ToneDog

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
My eyes are on Rielly tonight. It's understated how he can control a game when he's on.

If our no.1 plays like a no.1 tonight we won't miss Muzzin.
When Muzzin first got hurt in the regular season on December 27 in New Jersey, the Leafs went onto win 3/4 games and that was with Rielly not playing at 100% before his injury a few weeks later. Remember how they lost against the Rangers in overtime and went onto defeat the Wild, Jets, and Islanders in their next three games.

Reactions: Havoc

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
We are undefeated when I am tuning into the game at work. Hoping the pendulum continues tonight and tomorrow.

Beat the Columbust Crap ***es boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad