GDT: Stanley Cup Qualifier Game 3: Leafs @ CBJ - Aug. 6th, 8:00 PM ET - NBCSN - SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
toronto-maple-leafs.png
@
columbus-blue-jackets.png

Muzzin was ruled out for the rest of the series on Wednesday. That leaves the Leafs without, arguably, their best (and certainly most playoff-tested) defenseman. Either Martin Marincin, and/or Rasmus Sandin, will join the lineup for Game 3.

From the Coachcorner:
Our true players is ready for this and twerking hard. Under coach Keefe, they have understood that with rocky speed and heart, everythang is doable and possibilites are at the sky. Sky is the limit to our rear ends now. We have pushed coach Tortorella to the wall and he trying to climb that like that old 8-bit nintendo game ice climber. That game was just pure fun, and so hard. :clap:

Against OUR ICE CLIMBERS that sucka ain't got nuthin!! With rocky speed and ice climbin we will twerk this out, once again! :clap: Other organizations might be jelious, but don't be alarmed.

5/5 Stats from last game

upload_2020-8-6_9-31-15-png.358230

Leafs need someone to step up and fill the void left by Muzzin. Will it be Dermott, Marincin? Surely the Leafs need a hero. Here are the potential heroes in tonight's lineup...
full
3bd369893cd4d7fcdf5ee13660d8d52e.jpg

TOR-2020.png

2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs

Record: 36-25-9 (81 points), 3rd in NHL Atlantic Division
Last Game: W 3-0 vs. CBJ
Next Game: Thursday, Aug. 6 vs. CBJ
Coach: Mike Babcock (fired) (9-10-4), Sheldon Keefe (27-15-5)
Captain: John Tavares
Primary Arena: Scotiabank Arena
Goals For: 238 (3rd of 31), Goals Against: 227 (27th of 31)
SRS: 0.14 (12th of 31), SOS: -0.01 (20th of 31)
Playoffs:
Tied Qualifying Round (1-1) versus Columbus Blue Jackets
Preseason Odds: Stanley Cup +950; O/U: 102.5

CBJ-2020.png

2019-20 Columbus Blue Jackets

Record: 33-22-15 (81 points), 4th in NHL Metropolitan Division
Last Game: L 0-3 vs. TOR
Next Game: Thursday, Aug. 6 vs. TOR
Coach: John Tortorella (33-22-15)
Captain: Nick Foligno
Primary Arena: Nationwide Arena
Goals For: 180 (28th of 31), Goals Against: 187 (3rd of 31)
SRS: -0.12 (24th of 31), SOS: -0.02 (26th of 31)
Playoffs:
Tied Qualifying Round (1-1) versus Toronto Maple Leafs
Preseason Odds: Stanley Cup +5000; O/U: 83.5

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I'm looking for Tavares and Marner to show their hefty price tags were worth it. Tonight.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Time to put the boot on their throat. I expect the whole team to come out flying like last game...they taste blood now. They know Columbus has flaws, and they know Korpi can be beat.

We've somewhat quietly gone 0-6 on the PP (I think?) this series. Time to change that.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Yeah I'm a big fan of Marner but he needs to do more. He hasn't been good enough so far. I could see a big game coming for him tonight.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I'm going on record officially and suggesting the winner of this game wins the series.

So this is critical Leafs continue where they left off and get the lead early and play from ahead and bring this one home.

shocking revelation - winners of tied series game 3s on best of 5s will win series! Right only 80% of the time already....

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Let’s go boys, pick up where you left off.
Last game was a thing of beauty.

with muzzin out, I want to see Clifford dish out some more big hits. Make cbj afraid of going into the corners.

Reactions: Cobra777 and Buds17

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I'm going on record officially and suggesting the winner of this game wins the series.

So this is critical Leafs continue where they left off and get the lead early and play from ahead and bring this one home.

That's brave of you considering they will have something like 90% probability.

Reactions: LeafChief

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
shocking revelation - winners of tied series game 3s on best of 5s will win series! Right only 80% of the time already....

Winners of game #1 of a 5 game series (based on historical data) went on to win 87.5% of the time.

Since CBJ won game #1, the odds have been stacked against the Leafs advancing. However a win tonight by the Leafs and the pendulum swings our direction and now we're in the drivers seat. Unfortunately the opposite result would just further those game #1 winner narratives and % of winning odds.

So this is a big game and I hope the boys bring their "A" game, because I know Torts will have ripped his team a new one after last game performance and I expect we'll see more of what we saw in game #1 from the opposition today, rather than that lackluster effort from game #2.

This should be an intense game and highly contested and the best of the series knowing the importance of the outcome will likely determine the winner of the series.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Boys need to step it up physically and defensively without Muzzin, no choice. After Kadri was suspended last year, we followed it up with a great low scoring defensive win

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Mitch has proven that Matty is the horse that you hook the cart to. At $10.993M cap hit, we need more than 5 muffin shots on goal and 12 shot attempts.
Don't focus on Mitch he will be huge for us next round against Tampa or Philli. This is not an opponent where he is going to factor into games. We need Matty to go beast again. tavares to provide support. and Freddy to keep his game up. Rest of team play same style as last game Dermy will fill in fine for Muzzy.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Mitch has proven that Matty is the horse that you hook the cart to. At $10.993M cap hit, we need more than 5 muffin shots on goal and 12 shot attempts.

Mitch Marner wasn't paid to score goals or take shots. He was paid because at age 21, he created more offence and primary points than almost anyone in the league, and generated 68 assists.

I want to see Mitch set up a few goals, because that's what he does best.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
With back to back games today and tomorrow I wonder if it will be a battle of the backups tomorrow?

Win or lose I'm expecting Leafs might see Elvis on Friday, but I wonder if we'll see Campbell for the Leafs with 3 games in 4 nights ahead, or this will be ride and die with Freddy to end.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Mitch Marner wasn't paid to score goals or take shots. He was paid because at age 21, he created more offence and primary points than almost anyone in the league, and generated 68 assists.

I want to see Mitch set up a few goals, because that's what he does best.

Whatever he is being paid for, he is not doing it yet. Becoming clear that he is overpaid (5th highest paid player in the NHL). Don't care cause it is not my money but with the cap remaining flat for the next few years, it does not give the team much flexibility to add. His greed may ultimately get him a ticket out of Toronto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra777

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Pucks on net relentlessly please.
Be like Robertson and let it go. I think we can corsi the f*** out of these guys and put them on their heels. The rebounds could easily win the leafs the series.

Reactions: Cobra777

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Whatever he is being paid for, he is not doing it yet. Becoming clear that he is overpaid (5th highest paid player in the NHL). Don't care cause it is not my move but with the cap remaining flat for the next few years, it does not give the team much flexibility to add. His greed may ultimately get him a ticket out of Toronto.

I agree, but the point I was arguing was your post about him not scoring or shooting. The team has a couple 40g scorers, and a handful of potential 30 goal scorers already. I would much rather see Matthews, Tavares, Barrie, Robertson, Kapanen, or Nylander taking those shots personally.

Mitch's decision making and passing has been lacklustre all season, so let's hope he finds it again. We need it if we want to get more open looks at Korpi.

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
With back to back games today and tomorrow I wonder if it will be a battle of the backups tomorrow?

Win or lose I'm expecting Leafs might see Elvis on Friday, but I wonder if we'll see Campbell for the Leafs with 3 games in 4 nights ahead, or this will be ride and die with Freddy to end.

It's the playoffs. I'd be shocked if leafs go with Cambell on friday unless the unthinkable happens (which I will not mention).

Reactions: robertmac43

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

It would seem to be easier to start Campbell in Game 4 with a win in Game 3. Conversely, the opportunity to clinch the series might make it too difficult to pass on starting Andersen. I look forward to finding out which decision will be made!

Reactions: rubous

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I’d go with Fred both games if he has another good game. The effect of a back-to-back is mitigated by the fact there is no travel and both teams are in the exact same scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad