NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Did it alter the course of the game? Absolutely. Was that due to the bad call or the piss poor execution on the PK though? That's what I come down to. They had a chance to dig deep and not let SJ score 4 FREAKING goals. They didn't. They also still tied the game and had chances to win it in OT. So the call certainly impacted the game, but it wasn't the reason they lost. It was the reason SJ got back into it, but they had chances after that.

They had chances after that? They scored to tie the game with a minute to go. Let’s not act like they laid down.

To me, it’s pretty simple. Vegas sucked on that Pk. Four goals on one major? Pretty inexcusable.

But the call itself is inexcusable. And Sj only won because of it. Every Vegas fan has a right to be pissed. Simply saying it was a “bad call” and saying that “it happens” completely discounts all the very relevant details.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Regardless of a bad call or not, the Knights still gave up 4 freaking goals on that PP. You had a 3 goal lead, FFS. Play some defense and move on. Instead they crapped the bed and lost their minds over the call. Even then, you still tied it and went to OT and had chances to win. So it's not like they couldn't have recovered from that bad call.

This is on par with the Saints game, but not like Marchessault thinks. It was on par with that game because the Knight still had the ability to win the game, they simply lost their composure and gagged hard.
Both things can coexist. Yeah, the Knights gagged by giving up 4 goals (in a situation they absolutely should not have been in). But them choking doesn't change the fact that the refs made a huge mistake in assessing a major. Both things are true, and both things are valid to be talked about.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Dougie Hamilton putting himself in front of his team

I agree that he's always done that but also, a fellow Bruins 6'5" RD didn't back off and that same forward boarded him in the numbers keeping him out of the playoffs a couple years ago with Player Safety making a joke of itself by ignoring it. So I kinda understand in this circumstance.

Reactions: TCB

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I'm definitely in the minority here.

Yes, the officials got it wrong - not the major, but the call. It was an interference call not a crosscheck IMO.

And the rules were changed in 2009: Any interference call that results in an injury is an automatic major.

Flame away. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. And I was cheering for the VGK.
Well, I'm in the minority too, because that's how I saw it. A review might have just sent Stasny off instead of Eakin anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
in our past decade... we have advanced past the first round 6 times now. is there another franchise with a better record of getting into the second round?

weve been to the cup finals twice... how many teams have been there more?

all this success done when we were under the incompetent management of Chiarelli and Sweeney and coached by clode and this sheep lover we got in charge now

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
Both things can coexist. Yeah, the Knights gagged by giving up 4 goals (in a situation they absolutely should not have been in). But them choking doesn't change the fact that the refs made a huge mistake in assessing a major. Both things are true, and both things are valid to be talked about.
Yes, refs made a mistake.
Crosscheck 2min, 5min for Stastny - interference that ended in injury :)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Carolina has to get the next one...or hope that Ovechkin runs someone and they get a 5 minute major and they score 4 goals on the ensuing PP.

:laugh:

How does Wilson not get a penalty there?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't even agree with the interference. It was an incidental bump. Just because he slammed his head into the ice it's a major?

Happens all the time right now. Even DOPS does it by adjusting the suspension based on whether or not the player was able to return to the game.

Call the action, not the result of the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad