NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I just finally watched the Pavelsky incident. Holy crap, did they ever get that one wrong, and it cost Vegas the series.

Hate to see a player injured like that, and I hope he'll be all right, but it looked completely accidental. Just lost his balance after a face-off battle, and then fell into the path of another San Jose player. Wow. Brutal call.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
That building is dead.

It’s like they know something bad is going to happen.
When we were watching the second period and there was a power play, my husband said "what the hell is wrong with those fans! Are they seriously always this quiet, especially in the playoffs, game 7?" I laughed and told him it reminded me of the Quebec Nordiques crowd- that building was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop- even when the Statsny brothers worked their magic on the ice, they were dead silent. One time, My Dad and I were at a game there, and he joked a little loudly "who replaced the fans with a bunch of mannequins?" to my uncle and I. The looks we got after he said it and the rest of the night were priceless. Great memory. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I just finally watched the Pavelsky incident. Holy crap, did they ever get that one wrong, and it cost Vegas the series.

Hate to see a player injured like that, and I hope he'll be all right, but it looked completely accidental. Just lost his balance after a face-off battle, and then fell into the path of another San Jose player. Wow. Brutal call.
I thought it was worse when I saw it live. Still bang bang play in an ugly series with a player badly hurt, can’t blame refs for not seeing crosscheck and then a player out cold and bleeding on ice for making call.

Anyway, 5 min Major didn’t cost Vegas the game. Putrid 4 goals PP allowed and giving away 3-1 series lead equals choke of epic proportion.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I can't see Carolina winning this game unless they get lucky. They are petrified to take a risk.

Reactions: BruinsFTW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->