Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals Historic Quadruple-Assed GDT Stanley Cup Finals | Game #7 | St. Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins | Giving it everything I got!

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Tears after Schenn's goal, when I knew they'd do it.

Tears when I watched the boys skate with the cup.

Tears as I drove home and heard KMOX replay Kerber's call.

Tears a few minutes ago while watching the highlights.

29 years of bitterness and frustration gone in a second. Incredible!

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
that was such a dominating road game. You guys allowed Boston to do nothing out there. It was unbelievable

defensively that game was extremely impressive

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Blues Pyramid Power works every time on the road!

WARNING: You must "Like" the Blues Pyramid in order to guarantee a Blues Lord Stanley.​

HaHaHa some “jerk” Liked the 2018 - 2019 Blues Pyramid of Power this morning after our first Blues Lord Stanley. The only thing I can figure is he’s now a believer and is styling for our second Lord Stanley 2019-2020.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Hot off the presses....

Save this for the next time Boston fans start talking shit.

Marchand tears.jpg

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
IIRC the team can add people a certain amount of players who didn't meet the requirements to be engraved on the cup. If anyone deserves it, it's Patrik Berglund and I hope he gets to taste it. The guy gave everything he had for this team and city and was never appreciated for it. If he gets on it then he deserves it as much as anyone.

Today, players appearing in 41 regular-season games for the championship team or in one Stanley Cup final game for that team have their names engraved on the Cup. The NHL makes exceptions for players who do not meet the standard because of injury or other extenuating circumstances, but teams have to petition the NHL to add players who don't automatically qualify. Last year the Caps did not add any players who didn't meet the rules, so a handful of guys who played a game or two in the playoffs but not the finals, did not make it on.

Besides eligible players, the names of the coaches, management, and staff of the winning team are also engraved on the Cup. So one has to be on the staff to get on the Cup as well. Many years back Peter Pocklington added his father's name. It was later XXXX'd out.

Oh yeah this will be just one of many highlights for your summer, seeing the Blues names engraving that day its done.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I have no idea what to expect from him moving forward, but I don't think enough is being said about what Binnington accomplished this postseason.

He had some rough games this postseason, some of them in pretty critical games, and he it would have been so easy for him to get down on himself and/or fold under that pressure.

Instead, he bounced back.

Every

Single

Time

Every game this postseason (hell, every game this season) where he gave up more than 3 goals, he responded by giving up 2 or less the next game.

That's incredible, and I think it played a huge part in the Blues being able to shrug off some real stinker games and move forward. They just never let any real negative momentum start to build and then snowball on them, no matter how crappy the circumstances.

None of this happens without him stepping up and providing that resilience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad