Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals Historic Quadruple-Assed GDT Stanley Cup Finals | Game #7 | St. Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins | Giving it everything I got!

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Has anyone else been rewatching games and highlights like a drug addict!? WE WENT BLUES!!!

I’ve rewatched game 7 at least 10 times and the 3rd period alone maybe 30. I still can’t believe it.

One thing I wish every time is the camera guy to not follow the puck sliding down the ice with 5 seconds left and instead focus on the Blues bench... that’s really my only complaint so all is well in the Blues universe

Reactions: Mike Liut

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Has anyone else been rewatching games and highlights like a drug addict!? WE WENT BLUES!!!
Yes, I was for a while.

For the most part, the purpose was just make sure we actually won the Stanley Cup.

Can someone please PM a link to Game 7?

Mucho appreciado! (I know....that’s not a word).

Bluesish

Embrace Mediocracy
Nov 19, 2011
Rust Belt, USA
I’ve rewatched game 7 at least 10 times and the 3rd period alone maybe 30. I still can’t believe it.

One thing I wish every time is the camera guy to not follow the puck sliding down the ice with 5 seconds left and instead focus on the Blues bench... that’s really my only complaint so all is well in the Blues universe
You hit the nail on the head. Watching the team mob Binnington is much more satisfying than watching a defenseman retrieve a puck on a waived off icing. They took that from us.

I think Sportsnet has some videos on youtube that do that moment justice.

Reactions: Spektre

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
You hit the nail on the head. Watching the team mob Binnington is much more satisfying than watching a defenseman retrieve a puck on a waived off icing. They took that from us.

I think Sportsnet has some videos on youtube that do that moment justice.

If you have an NHL.tv subscription, you can go back and watch the entirety of Game 7 on Sportsnet by clicking the Away broadcast. Sportsnet has an inset window showing the boys jumping up and down on the bench the last minute of the game.

BluesBrother

Sep 22, 2009
Finland
If I had more time, it would be really nice to watch all blues playoff-games again from this year.. All these years I’ve felt watching other teams compete for the cup that Blues just couldn’t do it, season is too long etc, but this team just had it, they really grew up together.. this morning I went through my emotions again from this spring and summer, and I still can’t believe what happened..

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

OMG out of the 100 times I have watched it I have yelled at my screen too. "THE TEAM THAT JUST WON THE STANLEY CUP IS AT THE OTHER END OF THE ICE NUMB-NUTS!"

:laugh:

Reactions: Spektre
Dec 15, 2002
If I had more time, it would be really nice to watch all blues playoff-games again from this year.. All these years I’ve felt watching other teams compete for the cup that Blues just couldn’t do it, season is too long etc, but this team just had it, they really grew up together.. this morning I went through my emotions again from this spring and summer, and I still can’t believe what happened..
I would drop money for a box set of all of the games of this Cup run, plus behind the scenes footage for each of them as needed.

Wouldn't care if it was 26 discs - one for each game. Even at say $15 per, I'd fork it over.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I would drop money for a box set of all of the games of this Cup run, plus behind the scenes footage for each of them as needed.

Wouldn't care if it was 26 discs - one for each game. Even at say $15 per, I'd fork it over.
Me too! let me know if you ever come across something like that.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019

I remember when I was younger I used to record some regular season and as many playoff Blues games as I could on VHS. I still have some pretty good 90s Blues games that I haven’t watched in forever due to not having a VHS player

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I don’t think I will really believe it until I see the banner rise to the rafters.

Reactions: MissouriMook
Feb 24, 2017

There must be footage available of this. Try contacting he networks.

Feb 24, 2017
Still wish Bortz had played in the last game. Not that it really matters, though ...
It kinda matters but it doesn’t. A franchise’s first cup supersedes any issue of who did or did not play. However, it really meant something to me that Ken Danyko drew in for game 7 in the Devils’ third Cup win over Oleg Tverdovsky. Had that been Stevens’ first shot at a Cup I woulda taken a hundred Tverdovskys. However, since it was his third, I really wanted to see Danyko out there winning another Cup before retiring.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
It kinda matters but it doesn’t. A franchise’s first cup supersedes any issue of who did or did not play. However, it really meant something to me that Ken Danyko drew in for game 7 in the Devils’ third Cup win over Oleg Tverdovsky. Had that been Stevens’ first shot at a Cup I woulda taken a hundred Tverdovskys. However, since it was his third, I really wanted to see Danyko out there winning another Cup before retiring.
Didn’t Daneyko make a jello mold on his day? And had the former EPA Director and NJ Governor with him?

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Why is that? Just curious.
I'm just a Bortuzzo fan. I also thought he played better than Edmundson, for pretty much the entire playoffs, and as such was more deserving of the spot. In fact, I think he is a better defenseman than Edmundson altogether.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
My only requirement for any video I may purchase would be for it to be uncensored.

Yeah! Show us Gunnarsson's wang.

Jk, I saw all the Twitter clips they'd post censoring out every 3rd word because Berube and company cuss up a storm. But it does seem weird that we can see guys get bloodied and concussed, but not use the S word.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I'm just a Bortuzzo fan. I also thought he played better than Edmundson, for pretty much the entire playoffs, and as such was more deserving of the spot. In fact, I think he is a better defenseman than Edmundson altogether.
I agree that Bortuzzo is more active and appears to be doing more on the ice, but Edmundson is better in positioning

My gut tells me that Eddy checked out and turned off early in the season, which caused him to disengage from the team.

It often seemed that he didn’t care.

I posted this last month or so, but if that attitude continues into next season, then he must be removed from the team.

Bortuzzo is much more excitable with a more active stick, but can sometimes get caught out of position.

When Eddy is on his game, he is an absolute crusher and can stop winger rushes with relative ease.

This last point is something that I’ve been commenting on for a while now.

Eddy can pinch the wingers and stand up at the blue line better than Bortuzzo, but Bobby has the better stick and is way more engaged.

Eddy gets in his head too much and has lost some identity. He is not sure what type of defenseman he is.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO

How are you rewatching the games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad