GDT: Stanley Cup Finals | Game #6 | Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues | Lets Finish This

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
It seemed like things were not going to right for STL in game 6 once Barbeshev got suspended and then the stupid STL paper published the parade route, etc.

However, there are a few positives to take from game 6 and a few reasons for hope in game 7:

1. STL dominated through the 1st two periods. Rask kept Boston in it with some incredible saves. If it weren't for Schenn's dumb penalty, the score would have been 0-0 after the second period. However, once Marchand scored, it gave Boston a big boost, and STL was playing from behind the whole time. Once the 2nd goal was scored off the referee, you know it wasn't STL's night.

2. Boston has all the pressure in the world on them in game 7 in their building, where they haven't played as great.

3. It seems like the team that loses badly in one game tends to bounce back in the next game. This favors the Blues.

4. Binnington plays well after a bad game (and he wasn't terrible in game 6, but not great either).

5. Barbeshev coming back should be a boost to the team

6. STL is better on the road than at home.

7. Referees tend to swallow their whistles in game 7. Boston is a team that in all 3 wins needed the power play to get them going. STL has been the better 5 on 5 team for the most part. STL shouldn't be as fearful for a suspension because if they get suspended for a game or two at the beginning of next year, who cares?

A few negatives:

1. Historically teams up 3-2 in a best 7 SCF that lose game 6 go on to lose game 7. It's a mental thing more than anything because those teams realize they gave up a golden opportunity to win the Cup at home. The good news is that STL has 2 days to get over this.

2. Boston may have found their confidence back after last night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zamadoo and shmotz

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Nailed it.

Special emphasis on point #7. If the refs swallow their whistles, I like our chances with a healthy sqaud.

Keep it 5v5 and we just might do this.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
Schenn set the tone with an early undisciplined penalty, compounded by some bad luck with ROR's penalty.

Blues were in this for a long time, regardless. Better special teams would have helped. Eventually the Blues started pressing and forcing plays, then the structure fell apart.
What a turn of events... O'Reilly nearly scores a shorty that would have been a rocket ship to the moon for the fans and the team. A minute later we take a 5 on 3 that is next to automatic a Bruins goal.

Reactions: Zamadoo

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
As always, games turn on a few plays. Schenn and O'Reilly penalties were killers. MacAvoy swats away a puck tumbling into the goal.

If you offered a game seven in Boston for the Cup before the season started - where do we sign up?

It's not over yet but the Bruins have the upper-hand now. We need four guys to have the best games of their lives.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Penguins fan here.

I really hate the Bruins. It makes me sick to my stomach just to think they might win the Cup. And I have this to say:

St Louis blues are such brainless, spineless idiots to blow this game like this. It is maddening. These stupid idiots didn't look like they wanted to score at all for 50 minutes. So few shots, all of them low threat. Time after time they chose to shoot straight into Rusk. What a bunch of boneheaded idiots.

****ing idiots, do you want to go back to Boston for Game 7 and hope to win the series there?! Do you imagine what the crowd there will be like after Bruins got jobbed by the referees in your favor in Game 5?! Do you think it will be easier to win the Finals there?!

I'm legitimately and extremely angry. What a bunch of imbeciles. If you blow this series - and I bet you'll blow it now - this will be the last chance for your franchise for another 49 years. What a bunch of idiots you are to blow such a glorious chance for a championship, at home, in such a stupid, spineless, brainless, gutless fashion.

Idiots.

Rant over.
I’m sure the Blues had a team talk and decided they didn’t wanna win this game.

Someone call the Islanders and ask them if we can borrow their brooms to sweep this guy away.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
So I guess Clifton headshot on Blais was ok by safety?? Ridiculous double standard.

If anyone rewatches the game, please send me the video of it. I have been looking for it. Only seen it live.

Last edited:

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Well crap. I definitely had a bad feeling going into G6, what with the celebration stuff leaking. Seems like the team as well as the fans thought it would be too beautiful to not win at home for the first cup. Well guess what, Lord Stanley doesn't care about happy endings or good storylines. The best team wins and Boston was totally focused and we were just thinking about the parade.

Still got a good chance. I believe. I'm sad that a lot of you can't muster up enough belief for one more game after what we've done.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Am I missing something? The self righteous indignation on Twitter over Bortuzzo's actions at the end of the game is insane! So, I watched the incident, expecting to see a vicious mugging worthy of criminal charges. (Sigh). Bortuzzo tapped Acciari with his glove on, still holding his stick. Then he skated away laughing and winked! I thought it was hilarious! My only complaint is that wasn't Krug instead of Acciari.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
To that Penguins fan who came in here to vent at Blues fans, if the Blues win the Cup it will make the 2019 Penguins maybe the biggest losers in the history of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Get swept by a team that got swept by a team that got swept by a team that got beat in the Final.

jgbruins2417

Jun 3, 2019
Win in Boston; watch their city meltdown ala Vancouver?

Here's hoping!

IF we lose, I can promise you that a city who has lost some big time games, and also won 12 titles since 2001 will not act like Vancouver did. We will just tip our hats, and watch the Sox and get ready to watch the Patriots win a 7th;)

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
IF we lose, I can promise you that a city who has lost some big time games, and also won 12 titles since 2001 will not act like Vancouver did. We will just tip our hats, and watch the Sox and get ready to watch the Patriots win a 7th;)
And the rest of the sports world will hate Boston's guts even more.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
This is a Blues team that's trolled its home fans all year. They're true to form which means they want to win this in Boston because they're not done trolling yet. Still need to have the Blues skate around with the Cup in Boston.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Until the third period, I felt like we outplayed them and gave up a couple unlucky goals. Rask also made a couple big saves. I'm cautiously confident going into Wednesday

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
We've been embarrassed plenty of times in this postseason and bounced back strong each time.

Game 7 is gonna be no different.

I really do expect us to look like Dallas in Game 7, though. Playing extremely safe hockey. Giving up a lot of shots but no great opportunities, no bad turnovers, no odd man rushes while searching for the rare offensive opportunity.

It could have worked for Dallas if Benn stuffed the wrap around home. Just gotta capitalize on the few chances we get.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Though I was hoping for the fairy tale ending tonight, I totally would not count them out in Boston. For some reason, they seem to play more their type of game on the road. I would not put it past them to win in Boston. It just would have been nice to do it tonight, but I'm not feeling optimistic.
Rask was unbeatable and Boston has all the confidence now. Blues played great and still couldn't win.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
  1. Schenn, what were you thinking?
  2. Does anyone see a reason why the Blues were less physical last night? I know Chief wants them to check smartly to win the puck, but they seemed to pass on a lot of checks that might have amped up the intensity in a good way.
  3. Also, they lost a LOT of puck battles and simply passed the puck off to the Bruins most of the game.
  4. Why were they not working/skating to make passes or shots? When they lose, we see a lot of plays where they stand in one spot expecting lanes to open up, and then cough up the puck because actually the other team is working harder to close off lanes and pressure the puck carrier. Why does their work ethic with the puck suffer so much? I didn't think that Boston was overly aggressive on them on many plays where they simply coughed up the puck.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lol other teams fans pissed, I'm honestly not sure how to respond to that.

Evidently you aren't familiar with the 2019 Blues. This is what they do, they've crapped on the home fans virtually all year and they did it again. They'll win this Cup in Boston to troll the Bruins fans.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Lol other teams fans pissed, I'm honestly not sure how to respond to that.

Evidently you aren't familiar with the 2019 Blues. This is what they do, they've crapped on the home fans virtually all year and they did it again. They'll win this Cup in Boston to troll the Bruins fans.

Honestly, I won't go to another home game until they vex this "crap on fans at home" attitude.

I'd rather spend that disposable cash on SlingTV, the NHL package, Blues swag, and a better TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad