GDT: Stanley Cup Finals | Game #6 | Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues | Lets Finish This

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
He a ****ing band wagon better not see his ass here if we win game seven
:laugh: Sure thing, guy who only joined the site after the team finally starting winning again(that’s an actual band wagoner, by the way).

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
These next 3 days are going to be brutal. Damn tough to sit and stew over a loss in general, let alone a loss in a cup clinching game.

I had a good feeling going into tonight. However we all know we’ve been better on the road, and since when have our St. Louis Blues ever made anything easy for us? Fitting that it goes 7, and fitting that this team will find a way. I really do believe that, but no I absolutely cannot wait 3 days for that to happen.. Work is going to suck, and the beer won’t taste very well.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Honestly, the power play has been trash since Yeo was made the coach. I think they would need to get a new power play coach, because they've had ample time to execute. They claimed they practiced the PP a lot the last three days -- didn't look like it.
PP has stunk since we dealt Shatty.

pieper

Sep 18, 2018
That stunk. Got to capitalize on those power plays. Regroup and win one more on the road like they've done all season and playoffs.

What better way to end the season than a wrap around goal in game 7 of overtime. Too bad we still don't have paajarvi...

Find a way to win. Whatever it takes.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
That stunk. Got to capitalize on those power plays. Regroup and win one more on the road like they've done all season and playoffs.

What better way to end the season than a wrap around goal in game 7 of overtime. Too bad we still don't have paajarvi...

Find a way to win. Whatever it takes.

But we do have ROR. Strangely, I didn't feel good about tonight going in. Equally odd, I feel like we can get this thing done on Wednesday night. The talk will no longer focus on St. Louis, they will be underdogs once again, and Boston will be feeling cocky and think they have it in the bag. They can do this!

Reactions: Bendak and pieper

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Ok now that I have calmed myself a little bit. Here are my thoughts.

I didn't feel like the Blues played a bad game the first two periods. The powerplay was once again a letdown but I felt like we controlled the play 5 on 5. Tons of credit to the Bruins defense and Rask, they played a hell of a game. I felt like after Boston's second goal in the 3rd the Blues really got away from it. Started scrambling and looking for the homerun play. One big thing I did notice is that our physical play, while not absent, was definitely diminished in this game. I don't know if they were afraid of whistles after the Cassidy presser or the loss of Barbashev's physicality just left them with less of spark. Bottom line is this, the Blues have been just average at home this playoff and beast on the road. While I really wanted to see us lift the cup at Enterprise it somehow feels right that we win it on the road.

It's game 7. The whistles will be put away. The Blues need to get back to their top tier physical level and they will wear the Bruins down on home ice. We will win on Wednesday.

Reactions: Bendak and RORbacon

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
But we do have ROR. Strangely, I didn't feel good about tonight going in. Equally odd, I feel like we can get this thing done on Wednesday night. The talk will no longer focus on St. Louis, they will be underdogs once again, and Boston will be feeling cocky and think they have it in the bag. They can do this!
nah dont see the blues taking 3 of 4 in boston. boston is too good of a team for that to happen

and their PP isnt ran by morons who hold on to the puck for 4 seconds each time it comes to them.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
Plus, they just said no team has ever won the Cup with a losing record at home in the playoffs, the Blues are 6-7 at home, they will be the first. Let's Go Blues!

Reactions: Bendak

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Nothing ever easy for this team. Wednesday is a new day. I’ve mostly been wrong all year but Ive learned not to count this team out.

Tiribulus

May 24, 2008
Detroit
Those 2 points are exactly correct. Which is why they have a weak power play. It scores much less than it should because the players don't execute it correctly. There isn't enough movement by players without the puck towards the net to form screens, jump on rebounds, and to draw the defenceman out, creating openings. There is also not enough driving to the net by the receiver of the pass. There is too much passing around the perimeter, at a distance far out. Too many possessions are lost with too many passes, allowing the defence to get in position to intercept passes, or increasing the odds of a pass going astray, or running the clock too much, making The Blues need to shoot a poor shot in desperation, just to get a shot off (without screens, without teammates down low to grab rebounds, and with the goalie having perfect sight lines and being perfectly square to the puck, a telegraphed shot which hits him in his belly. The Blues' 21% for the regular season was about average for The NHL. But, this lineup is capable of doing much better.

The Blues had better win Wednesday, so we don't have to know they didn't win The Stanley Cup because they couldn't execute what their power play coach told them to do, OR because they couldn't get a power play coach who could get them to use the proper strategy. Either way, it's a shame after waiting 51 years for them to have a real opportunity to win it all.
All of this is also exactly correct.

I guess when I think of a "weak" powerplay, I think of a squad that just doesn't have the ability to put the puck in the net often in that situation. They DO have the ability, but it isn't being utilized effectively.

What you and a couple other guys have said about the powerplay coaching explains a lot. This is not the way these players are going to produce on the powerplay. Especially against a goalie like Rask. The Blues are playing to his strengths with the man (and 2 man) advantage, which is foolish in my opinion.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Tough to overcome the leaking of all the pr stuff.. ( like poor bartman taking a dump in the cup proclaiming a victory while calculating his earnings out loud like evander kane with stacks of cash in Vegas ... Tough)

Im not really rubbibg salt in your wounds as a disgruntled sabre fan . i am a mutual hater of the bruins and am helping you start the healing by facing the current gaff head on thaf probably was done by Boston fans in general dynamics or higher that tried to motivate the cheap bruins by ruining the life of some poor kid who had this on his computer .. Go blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad