GDT: Stanley Cup Finals | Game #6 | Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues | Lets Finish This

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Everyone needs to calm tf down. We're a road team, our home games are the stuff of legendary suck and we're STILL ONE WIN FROM THE CUP.

We blew ONE opportunity, not ALL of them.

Dare to believe in this team. I'm a pretty negative guy and I ride or die with them, will you?

I bleed blue, it's all I know.

#believeinthenote

Last edited:

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
My thoughts: The score did not reflect that game at all. 5 on 3 for their only first goal, then Binnington let in a shit second goal which made us play hyper aggressive to try and get on the board and pull the game back. This makes the defense pinch a lot more and gives up more chances in our own zone. Puck bounces just weren't going our way.

I'm not worried for game 7. I think we win this thing.

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
Well suffice to say that driving 17 hours in 36 to see the Blues lose in STL wasn’t very fun but at least we didn’t buy tickets and it was still neat to see the city that packed for the Blues. First time we’ve traveled to STL and seen the Blues lose.

Soulard was practically heaven compared to the bars downtown but man there’s a lot of douchebags down there. None of those guys were actually sporting any Blues gear though so f*** em.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I haven't gone back and watched the recording of Game 6, so I'm not sure if the camera angles caught it, but it was flabbergasting the number of times we had streaking players coming into the zone (Tarasenko, unchecked, twice) and opted to instead throw muffins, at an angle, at Rask's chest.

Boston did not do a particularly great job of closing off lanes, or creating hard ice around our guys. We just rushed and forced everything.

Forcing plays that weren't there, and not seeing plays that were there is a concerning trend...particularly when the players that missed the open looks were all in our top 6.

Hoping for a lot more high-low plays with our dmen having a shoot-first mentality to keep Boston guessing. We had them stretched out in the first period, but kept trying to create from the same areas (half-wall)...Boston adjusted, we didn't.

Reactions: hullderko

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I haven't gone back and watched the recording of Game 6, so I'm not sure if the camera angles caught it, but it was flabbergasting the number of times we had streaking players coming into the zone (Tarasenko, unchecked, twice) and opted to instead throw muffins, at an angle, at Rask's chest.

Boston did not do a particularly great job of closing off lanes, or creating hard ice around our guys. We just rushed and forced everything.

Forcing plays that weren't there, and not seeing plays that were there is a concerning trend...particularly when the players that missed the open looks were all in our top 6.

Hoping for a lot more high-low plays with our dmen having a shoot-first mentality to keep Boston guessing. We had them stretched out in the first period, but kept trying to create from the same areas (half-wall)...Boston adjusted, we didn't.
I have watched, and I think you are spot on! I attribute it to panic/pressure. They fell behind on a 5 on 3, fell further behind on a bad bounce and went in to panic mode, with the added pressure of being at home. This is also my new theory about reasons behind our PP woes. With continuing frustration on the PP, I think the players might be getting away from what they have been coached to do, and start looking for the "perfect" setup.

Reactions: hullderko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad