GDT: Stanley Cup Finals | Game #4 | Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Who is going downtown for game 6? Tickets are already at like 1,400 so there's no way in hell i'm dropping that to go to the game. But I sure as hell am not missing the party downtown.

Reactions: mk80

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
main board is a **** show. i wouldnt even have GDT on main board anymore.
Yeah I don't bother with the main board GDT. As for the Enterprise Center tonight, you were standing almost the whole game. Every hit was throwing everyone in a frenzy. When ROR scored that third goal, everyone knew it was our game. It helped that we started off right by scoring 43 seconds in. I really liked our physicality tonight, we took it too them pretty good. We didn't play dirty, we stayed disciplined but finished every. single. check.

I wasn't too happy with our PP tonight. Not only did we get scored shorthanded on, but we passed up on a ton of excellent shooting opportunities yet again. Ryan O'Reilly was by far the best player on the ice tonight. He was absolutely flying and looked like a man playing against boys. Having Dunn back is HUGE. We absolutely need him to carry the puck up the ice because he can gain a clean zone entry all by himself. His skating at the blueline was just a thing of beauty, it made Boston's defenders think twice about trying to take the body in fear of getting burnt. I thought Parayko and Petro were both excellent tonight. Getting Sundqvist back is also huge despite him being a 3rd/4th line player. He came up big on the PK and was exceptional with his stick in the neutral zone both on the PK and ES.

The only player that I can say that I was upset with tonight was Binnington. He looked awful, uncomfortable, and....nervous. He gave up so many big rebounds and wasn't tracking the puck well. That was the most I've seen him flop on the ice all season. Is fatigue setting in? Or has Cinderella finally hit midnight?

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Full disclosure: I have no idea why I think this. But...I just have this feeling that the Blues are going to make this happen. This team is like no other I've ever seen. They won't die. They won't give up. They just keep coming. Feels like they are going to will this to happen.
They're like Jason voorhees right now. They may have slow foot speed, but when they get you they are killing you. You can slow them down but that won't stop them

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
Yeah I don't bother with the main board GDT. As for the Enterprise Center tonight, you were standing almost the whole game. Every hit was throwing everyone in a frenzy. When ROR scored that third goal, everyone knew it was our game. It helped that we started off right by scoring 43 seconds in. I really liked our physicality tonight, we took it too them pretty good. We didn't play dirty, we stayed disciplined but finished every. single. check.

I wasn't too happy with our PP tonight. Not only did we get scored shorthanded on, but we passed up on a ton of excellent shooting opportunities yet again. Ryan O'Reilly was by far the best player on the ice tonight. He was absolutely flying and looked like a man playing against boys. Having Dunn back is HUGE. We absolutely need him to carry the puck up the ice because he can gain a clean zone entry all by himself. His skating at the blueline was just a thing of beauty, it made Boston's defenders think twice about trying to take the body in fear of getting burnt. I thought Parayko and Petro were both excellent tonight. Getting Sundqvist back is also huge despite him being a 3rd/4th line player. He came up big on the PK and was exceptional with his stick in the neutral zone both on the PK and ES.

The only player that I can say that I was upset with tonight was Binnington. He looked awful, uncomfortable, and....nervous. He gave up so many big rebounds and wasn't tracking the puck well. That was the most I've seen him flop on the ice all season. Is fatigue setting in? Or has Cinderella finally hit midnight?

I was calling Pietros name a lot this game for doing all the right things. It was amazing to see. Yea Binner hasn't been great lately. As long as he bends and not breaks I'm fine with it. He can work on his flaws in the offseason but he's here to stay. Deflections suck and he's at least in position but gets beat on a lot of puck luck. Oddly though, he's a road warrior. It's almost like he feasts on that kind of adversity and needs to have action to stay on his game. If the Blues don't allow a lot of shots he cools off and lets in a softy here and there. I think having him in net on the road is a big big advantage.

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
And Pietro....what a move on Backes lol

25553515_873288742841111_1232390897937678336_n.gif

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Also can we agree that Maroon is pretty much useless? Without Thomas to put Maroon on his back, he literally can't do anything.

Sorry, that's super critical but jesus has he been invisible and just a flatout liability.
Have to disagree. While the Blais-Bozak-Maroon line didn't generate a ton of opportunities, they were possession monsters which that's what that line has turned into since we don't have Thomas on it to carry it offensively.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
We need to play the same way and fix our power play, if we can do that we have a good chance.

Ray Ferraro "Blues powerplay stinks, too much standing around." lol

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I’m a fan of his. But after great run earlier this season his engagement seemed to drop. Not entirely uncommon trait for younger player, but whether he can overcome it will define his career. When he plays like tonight sure is huge asset.

Again, he missed a year of hockey with a shoulder injury. Just like Tarasenko and Berglund, it takes time to really shake off a shoulder injury. And then you throw in a year of lost development, and you see why his consistency was off. It’s not a matter of not caring or willfully not giving his best. It just takes time. We still haven’t ever seen Sanford at full health for an extended period of time in a Blues uni. There’s more reason to think that this is who he is than the opposite. I’ve been saying he’s a good player since he came over in the Shatty trade, and I’m looking forward to more people joining the Sanford booster club. The more the merrier! If he stays healthy, he’s going to blow the socks off of some people next year.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blais playd just under 7min last night and Edmundson only 7:24.

Is there any Word why Bortuzzo didn't play? I mean Edmundson that time and how he plays isn't enough for this level. Rather see Bortuzzo in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad