GDT: Stanley Cup Finals | Game #4 | Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Again, he missed a year of hockey with a shoulder injury. Just like Tarasenko and Berglund, it takes time to really shake off a shoulder injury. And then you throw in a year of lost development, and you see why his consistency was off. It’s not a matter of not caring or willfully not giving his best. It just takes time. We still haven’t ever seen Sanford at full health for an extended period of time in a Blues uni. There’s more reason to think that this is who he is than the opposite. I’ve been saying he’s a good player since he came over in the Shatty trade, and I’m looking forward to more people joining the Sanford booster club. The more the merrier! If he stays healthy, he’s going to blow the socks off of some people next year.

Yup, also dont forget his dad unexpectedly passed away this year, led has been through a lot and he comes out and plays his two best games when the team needed him most. He is blues hockey.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Yeah I don't bother with the main board GDT. As for the Enterprise Center tonight, you were standing almost the whole game. Every hit was throwing everyone in a frenzy. When ROR scored that third goal, everyone knew it was our game. It helped that we started off right by scoring 43 seconds in. I really liked our physicality tonight, we took it too them pretty good. We didn't play dirty, we stayed disciplined but finished every. single. check.

I wasn't too happy with our PP tonight. Not only did we get scored shorthanded on, but we passed up on a ton of excellent shooting opportunities yet again. Ryan O'Reilly was by far the best player on the ice tonight. He was absolutely flying and looked like a man playing against boys. Having Dunn back is HUGE. We absolutely need him to carry the puck up the ice because he can gain a clean zone entry all by himself. His skating at the blueline was just a thing of beauty, it made Boston's defenders think twice about trying to take the body in fear of getting burnt. I thought Parayko and Petro were both excellent tonight. Getting Sundqvist back is also huge despite him being a 3rd/4th line player. He came up big on the PK and was exceptional with his stick in the neutral zone both on the PK and ES.

The only player that I can say that I was upset with tonight was Binnington. He looked awful, uncomfortable, and....nervous. He gave up so many big rebounds and wasn't tracking the puck well. That was the most I've seen him flop on the ice all season. Is fatigue setting in? Or has Cinderella finally hit midnight?
If you watch the replay and key on Edmundson, you will realize what percentage of Bruin zone time last night could directly be laid at his feet. It was tough to watch from home.

I do think the key player in G5 is Binnington. I actually thought he looked dialed in early, but I agree that there were some rebounds. Boston is going to bring it and probably get 3-4 PPs at least.

I don't think any goalie has truly been amazing any game in this series. 2+ goals every game.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Edmundson is 2nd in the league in turnovers during the playoffs with 24. Only Marchand has more, so he's 1st among defensemen.

Reactions: HighNote

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
I am very thankful for the character of this team. After getting blistered by the Bruins in game 3, it would have been easy to fold after the Bruins tied it on Coyle's or Carlo's goals. Really pleased with the entire team's play, except Edmundson, his play was poor. That 4th line match up against the "perfection" line for Boston is a thing of beauty. 3 game series and I like our chances.

Reactions: mk80

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Any Word yet why Bortuzzo didn't play?
I believe someone mentioned it was because he didn't understand that you can't cover one player with two people and not leave someone open in front of the net. He has had some good moments, but he has also made some bad mistakes.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I believe someone mentioned it was because he didn't understand that you can't cover one player with two people and not leave someone open in front of the net. He has had some good moments, but he has also made some bad mistakes.
Yeah, I know Edmundson is the whipping boy of the moment, but I think the difference between him and Borts is pretty minimal.

Thankfully, we are down to our final 2-3 games, so I think whoever plays will be playing <10 minutes.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Perron’s move to the middle splitting two defenders started the offensive zone shift where the Bruins were hemmed in.
That was right after ROR went absolutely buzzing through the neutral zone with the puck. I’ve never seen him skate as fast as he did following that first penalty kill. After both kills the Blues had Boston pinned in their zone for several minutes. ROR looked like regular season ROR last night. If he can do that for two more games I like our chances.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
You're a true fan. I've refused to wear the one blues shirt I own because we've lost every time I've worn it game day, it's the little things you know?
I was at the game wearing my replica of the Demitra Alumni Jersey Big Walt wore at the Alumni Game for the Winter Classic. We won with Pavol Power.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Bortuzzo compared with Edmundson has at least had some GIGANTIC offensive moments in both the Conference Finals and the Stanley Cup Final. Both goals were seismic; WCF came after Couture's 2 goals in 2 min to possibly have the Blues in a 2-0 hole. SCF came after Bruins were up 1-0 early in G2 and 1-0 in the series and ready to take momentum. He's also more physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad