GDT: Stanley Cup Final | Game #5 | Blues @ Bruins | "I guess we're the villains now?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
There's a pretty legit argument with the rulebook that it shouldn't have been called a trip
I said this last night. I expect this to be called 99% of the time but Bozak was stopping on the puck, Accari was gliding backwards off the wall, and he even looked over his shoulder so he had to see Bozak coming. I felt in the moment that he was trying to sell a call, especially with how he laid on the ice looking at the ref, I’m just glad that the ref didn’t bite. In fact, I heard Brian Burke say this morning that the ref said after the game that he saw the whole thing and didn’t believe it warranted a call.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I said this last night. I expect this to be called 99% of the time but Bozak was stopping on the puck, Accari was gliding backwards off the wall, and he even looked over his shoulder so he had to see Bozak coming. I felt in the moment that he was trying to sell a call, especially with how he laid on the ice looking at the ref, I’m just glad that the ref didn’t bite. In fact, I heard Brian Burke say this morning that the ref said after the game that he saw the whole thing and didn’t believe it warranted a call.
It was an accidental trip after a completed play.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada

100%....He almost does a complete back flip falling down.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Why are experienced hockey people like Cassidy and Neely calling it a slewfoot, when there was only contact to the back of his leg? I always thought a slewfoot requires pushing the player backwards over the leg/foot behind, simultaneously taking out his skate. I’m questioning whether I ever knew the definition of a slewfoot, or are those guys just that out of their minds?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Why are experienced hockey people like Cassidy and Neely calling it a slewfoot, when there was only contact to the back of his leg? I always thought a slewfoot requires pushing the player backwards over the leg/foot behind, simultaneously taking out his skate. I’m questioning whether I ever knew the definition of a slewfoot, or are those guys just that out of their minds?
Because the vocal minority in todays world with how the media is always gets the most attention.

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
I am not familiar with any of this? If it’s sarcasm I apologize...is he media head? I need to know more!!!

No sarcasm there. He’s a broadcaster or podcaster from the boston area, who ripped a female host on his own outlet for her looks as she gets older basically. She was pissed and rightfully so. He tries to play his mysogany off as a shtick, but I ain’t buying it.

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis

Just FYI
52.1Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent's feet from under him, or pushes an opponent's upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent's feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.
52.2Match Penalty - Any player or goalkeeper who is guilty of slew-footing shall be assessed a match penalty.
52.3Fines and Suspensions - There are no specified fines or suspensions for roughing, however, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: STL BLUES

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002

Here's the Bruce Cassidy pity party if anyone's interested.

Based on past similar comments from other coaches, Cassidy should draw a fine for this. No, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Bruins fans will be screaming "HEADSHOT!!" and then realize "oh....nevermind..."
I can't believe Pietrangelo isn't getting called in for a hearing for steering McAvoy into DeBrusk and causing an alleged headshot.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I didn't get a chance to post last night.

I guess we are really the villains now especially after the Bozak no cal. In all fairness I would have called a trip there if I was the referee, but who cares take the breaks as they come, if the roles were reversed we'd be pissed, and Boston would be ecstatic today.

As far as being the villains, or Bruins fans thinking we're a dirty team. I don't one bit about what think, they can label us the dirtiest team in hockey if they want to as long we're standing on the ice lifting the cup after the series is over!

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Based on past similar comments from other coaches, Cassidy should draw a fine for this. No, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I can't believe Pietrangelo isn't getting called in for a hearing for steering McAvoy into DeBrusk and causing an alleged headshot.
In an alternate universe, George Parros issues a DoPS video explaining why there is no suspension for Barbashev, but that Cassidy has been suspended for the remainder of the series for his comments criticizing officials. All while wearing a polo shirt with a Blues logo on it.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Cassidy and Neely should really quit crying. Grow up, guys.

Krug's 100-foot skate'n'charge didn't draw a call, but it knocked Thomas out of the series.

The non-call on that one was inexcusable.

Karma has come home to roost for Boston. The Bruins history is littered with dangerous stunts.

I saw Bruin posts saluting that Krug hit.

Sorry, Don Cherry, but I don't buy your mythical impressions of the Bruins. Such baloney.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Binnington stole one tonight. I don’t think he’s getting nervous.
tumblr_pnl6twkI4s1xr5mkmo2_500.gif

I know I'm a little gushy but it really is great having you and the rest of the return HF Blues back for this.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
If we don’t win Sunday we are ****ed we aren’t winning in Boston we need to win at homecoming I don’t care how
Disagree, this team will be the winning team in Game 6 or Game 7, playing in Boston for these guys & Binnington isn't any worse then playing in Winnipeg or San Jose. They will either close it out Sunday, or respond and close it out Wednesday. This is the most bend but never break, f***ing relentless team I have ever seen, they will not be denied.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Man, I wish Carolina would’ve beat Boston so we wouldn’t have to hear about this for the rest of eternity
Ill listen to people whine about it for years as long as we win a cup. Bad calls are going both ways. Difference is Blues keep playing. Boston embellishes and cries for a whistle and when they stop to do all that and the Blues score, suddenly its a national travesty. Boston did it to themselves.

Atlanta Braves fans still cry about the "Infield Fly" vs the Cardinals. If you don't know what I am taking about look it up.

We know Saints fans will cry forever about the call vs LA.

All of them justified. But people move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad