GDT: Stanley Cup Final | Game #5 | Blues @ Bruins | "I guess we're the villains now?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Looking at the bar in Philly, where the Gloria story happened, Instagram, I think Tom Schlafly, part owner of the Blues and founder of Schlafly beer, made an appearance last night. :laugh:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I want to see Brad Marchand looking dejected skating off the ice after we kick their asses on Sunday. I’d may more money that I care to admit to watch that little rat cry. **** that guy.
f*** that guy. f*** the town that looks the other way and supports him. f*** the national broadcasters who give him a pass on his BS just because he racks up points for a favored team like the Bruins.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I mean multiple things about this.

#1 I hate how Boston team is handling this. If they handled it more like the Blues, I would be REALLY SCARED that this would motivate them to win next two. Have to get over the fact that it happened like Blues did, but IDK if they are going to get over it. ( I JUST HOPE THIS DOESN'T DO TO BOSTON WHAT IT DID TO US AGAINST THE SHARKS, which I don't think it will with how they are handling it.)

#2 I think if Boston did get a PP out of it, their PP looked so bad last night, that IDK if they could have scored on it. Their PP was horrible.

#3 Binnington stole the game, which won't get mentioned at all now. Mentioned to friends before the game that it is time in series where one of the goalies will steal a game.

#3A But also does anyone us feel like the scoring chances were ridiculously high for Boston? I just didn't feel like Boston had that many total scoring chances at all. I think they were double us on it. I don't disagree Boston had just because we sat back on the lead.

#4 I feel Boston going with 11/7 was a horrible idea and still think it was bad idea. Chara played over 16 minutes. While #6 played 8:48 & #7 played 6:40

#5 You want more issue Boston on why you are losing the series??? Maybe just maybe you need to look at your top 6 performace at 5 on 5. Ask your top 6 where the world are they at???

Marchand 0 pts
Bergeron 0 pts
Krejci 0 pts
Backes 0 pts
Pastrnak 0 pts
DeBrusk 1 pt

Compared to the Blues top 6 currently at 5 on 5
Schenn 4 pts
Schwartz 2 pts
Tarasenko 3 pts
O'Reilly 4 pts
Perron 1 pt
Sanford 3 pts

THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Last edited:

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
PecHMZ8.gif
Bruins fans will be screaming "HEADSHOT!!" and then realize "oh....nevermind..."

Reactions: BergMan

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Even though we were severely outshot, I really didn’t feel like Boston has more high quality chances. If anything I thought the high danger chances favored us.

That was what I thought too.

They had them for like double us in scoring chances which I thought was super generous. Yes Boston did a more scoring chances but I didn't feel like it was by the margin they had. I thought both of those stats would be closer than what they were. I felt the Bruins just threw everything on the net especially from the perimeter. Binnington was tested and made several great saves, but I thought a lot of the shots were from the outside.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
It was a missed call....but it was just one missed call. If Carlo was less worried about getting one in on O’Reilly and came back to defend they could have absorbed it. Their players have been mentally looking for help from the refs. They should not have quit playing.

But who is going to argue they should have won when they could only manage one goal?

I have no sympathy. If you want to win a Cup, you have to overcome the occasional unfavorable call. The Blues have.

A missed penalty call is never a valid excuse for losing a game. Watching the team quit on the play and get scored on because of it is always a great thing to watch. play between the whistles. The guys in the stripes are paid to call the game, not you.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Credit to Raask -- I though he played well enough to take the game. Binnington was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad