GDT: Stanley Cup Final | Game #5 | Blues @ Bruins | "I guess we're the villains now?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
Not dismissing the fact that I believe Bozak should have been called. But, the Bruins looked like they gave up on the play just blatantly assuming the whistle was about to be blown. We kept skating, and scored.

The hand pass against us directly lead to a goal and no one stopped playing until the puck was in the net. I don’t see the two plays as very comparable but the backlash is the same. Boston will come out strong in game 6, we need to be ready!

Solid points. Krug had the opportunity to block Perron’s initial shot, or pass to Bozak, and only went down on one knee, and the puck bounced back to DP. Thinking maybe he shoulda laid on the ice fully instead.

Gladly he didn’t and Boom GWG. The whole play kinda reminds me of the Bishop play in round 2, where there was mayhem in the o-zone and Blues took advantage. Just different and special play as opposed to seasons past.

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
What’s with the leading question from the Masshole journalist about hits to the head?

WTF are they talking about?

And the dbag Krug runs around charging people like Thomas in game 1 and Boston and the media are loving it. Thomas is done.

My dad and I noticed that too. Sorta leading area of question, and he was at both press conferences tonight. Guessing I didn’t hear the New England accent, and thus couldn’t dismiss his inherent bias.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I went there for the first time ever earlier today. I was appalled. If testosterone dripping mysogyny is your thing ... well then. It saddens me it has such a big following. It honestly reads like it is run by self-entitled frat boys.
Honestly, spittin chiclets is the only redeeming thing for me when it comes to barstool, and even they’ve been somewhat annoying lately because 3/4 of them are from Boston.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
What’s with the leading question from the Masshole journalist about hits to the head?

WTF are they talking about?

And the dbag Krug runs around charging people like Thomas in game 1 and Boston and the media are loving it. Thomas is done.

Because apparently the Blues are the only team to ever get away with some questionable stuff. No one else. :thumbu:

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
This game was nuts...O'Rielly looks like the Blues best forward like he did early in the season and Binnington is doing his thing, what an animal. Looks like we might have a solid player yet in Sanford, if he can keep playing a heavy game and add more muscle he already has some filthy mitts and good hockey sense, I'm really rooting for this kid. Barbie and Sunny are awesome. Bozak and Maroon are steady vets but clearly miss the magic of having Thomas on that line.

That trip by Bozak was 100% a missed call but for whatever reason it didn't get called and the Blues capitalized. Blues have had more than their fair share of being on the receiving end of this ....it happens. You move on.

One more win boys, just one more! If they win I'm seriously going to lose my ****.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Backes' knees are scrunched down here on a G3 hit. Is Blais supposed to counter-scrunch? These are the things Boston fans are whining about. Seeing Marchand go after Tarasenko's knees has made me glad Blues won the way we did tonight.

Attachments

• Blais Backes.png
    Blais Backes.png
    423.5 KB · Views: 8

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Canucks fan here. Loving how shook Bruins fans/media are right now because of your team and I don't feel the least bit bad for them.

But seriously, it would genuinely be nice to see a long-suffering city and fanbase finally win it all, why hence I'm pulling for you guys. Let's Go Blues #playgloria

Canuck fan here. So loving them whining, after their win in 2011 was way worse officiating. Of course I am biased, but you do realize the entire city of vancouver is cheering for you guys.
It’s still funny to me seeing Canucks fans here considering the most notorious Blues hater on this site is one. But hey, we appreciate the good ones, so thanks!

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
This is amazing. 1 win from a Stanley Cup. Come on boys, get it over the line.
But they have to play better than game 5. If they can replicate game 4 then the cup is coming to St Louis (the greatest city I've never been).

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
Honestly, spittin chiclets is the only redeeming thing for me when it comes to barstool, and even they’ve been somewhat annoying lately because 3/4 of them are from Boston.
Spittin chiclets is pretty cool for a hockey podcast. The rest of barstool is kinda lame, I do like The Wonton Don.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
I went there for the first time ever earlier today. I was appalled. If testosterone dripping mysogyny is your thing ... well then. It saddens me it has such a big following. It honestly reads like it is run by self-entitled frat boys.
Worse than frat boys kids that rushed and never got picked up... crying about a towel to the head?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I am going to take a minute to just thank God for that win last night. He answered my prayer and we got some bounces that went our way. But the team better have a better showing on Sunday.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad