GDT: Stanley cup champs vs non Stanley cup bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
100% Eller is playing tonight. I am calling it. He is not letting that little boston rat keep him out of the lineup.
Hope your right.

If the NHL doesn’t address Marchand, Oshie needs to next time we play.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hope your right.

I am thinking we should call up O'Brien, our organizational goon with Willy iced for 2 months. But knowing Oshie, he will probably beat everyone to the punch. Pun intended.

I talk about knowing which opponent is on the ice. Next time I would like to see Eller slash him up 7-0 when he approaches.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
two things on Eller.
1. As he left the ice he did have that far away look in his eyes. I think its a mistake to just conclude its a cut and no more. Reirden certainly dodged that question in the post game.

2, Eller looked like another offensive step up from playoff Eller. His offensive game just looks more. Like from Geico
Hope your right.

Wilson will be back before the Caps see Boston again.

Reactions: Sam Spade

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
When is the last time we saw a concussed player exit the locker room after a quick stitch to go back to the penalty box? Adrenaline perhaps, and he was probably adamant to get back out there.

You are right Tex, he did kinda have that look, but that look is expected from anyone that just got punched in the face proper. And head, twice. If it was 1980 we would proclaim he got his clock cleaned and life would go on. We now know hockey players brains get jostled and but players just don't sit out unless its bad. Yes, they play injured. Likely most of the year.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
When is the last time we saw a concussed player exit the locker room after a quick stitch to go back to the penalty box? Adrenaline perhaps, and he was probably adamant to get back out there.

You are right Tex, he did kinda have that look, but that look is expected from anyone that just got punched in the face proper. And head, twice. If it was 1980 we would proclaim he got his clock cleaned and life would go on. We now know hockey players brains get jostled and but players just don't sit out unless its bad. Yes, they play injured. Likely most of the year.

Did he come back? If he did, he didn't get stitched in that short period of time. It takes longer than that.

Again, had he returned and it was just a boo boo then Reirden would have had no reason to dodge the question of his availability, but he did.

When you are punched in the head twice and concussed, they are not allowed to let you play. The whole quiet room thing. That process takes longer than 5 minutes of game clock.

I didn't watch every second of the final minutes after the pp finished but didn't see him come back. are you sure?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Did he come back? If he did, he didn't get stitched in that short period of time. It takes longer than that.

Again, had he returned and it was just a boo boo then Reirden would have had no reason to dodge the question of his availability, but he did.

When you are punched in the head twice and concussed, they are not allowed to let you play. The whole quiet room thing. That process takes longer than 5 minutes of game clock.

I didn't watch every second of the final minutes after the pp finished but didn't see him come back. are you sure?

I am almost positive he went to the locker room and then penalty box, all after skating around with blood pouring down his head for all to see. Someone else can chime in.

I won't read too much into Reirden's being defensive or a dodger in his very first official presser. Especially being asked about an injury that literally occurred right beforehand.

Jeez trying to navigate the boxscore on NHL.com is THE worst. You want a boxscore, and there isn't one. Why is icetracker at the very bottom only seen after clicking team stats??? I was hoping for a revamp this year and it's worse. "Box" is 2 inches wide goes 10 pages down. Separate parts of the webpage won't scroll... why do they bury things like the event summary? At least they finally put the scores near the team names on the main scores page. Time to fire off the annual email.

NHL Scores | Hockey Scoreboard

Last edited:
Reactions: Bieronymus Trotz

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I am thinking we should call up O'Brien, our organizational goon with Willy iced for 2 months. But knowing Oshie, he will probably beat everyone to the punch. Pun intended.

I talk about knowing which opponent is on the ice. Next time I would like to see Eller slash him up 7-0 when he approaches.
I also think we should call up LOB. I'm not even a fan but we really have no real fighters on our roster. I guess Orpik is next in line. I know Oshie can throw them if needed but I dont think we want him fighting unless he has to.

Reactions: RandyHolt

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I am almost positive he went to the locker room and then penalty box, all after skating around with blood pouring down his head for all to see. Someone else can chime in.

I won't read too much into Reirden's being defensive or a dodger in his very first official presser. Especially being asked about an injury that literally occurred right beforehand.

Jeez trying to navigate the boxscore on NHL.com is THE worst. You want a boxscore, and there isn't one. Why is icetracker at the very bottom only seen after clicking team stats??? I was hoping for a revamp this year and it's worse. "Box" is 2 inches wide goes 10 pages down. Separate parts of the webpage won't scroll... why do they bury things like the event summary? At least they finally put the scores near the team names on the main scores page. Time to fire off the annual email.

NHL Scores | Hockey Scoreboard
Eller did leave and he did come back shortly after.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
two things on Eller.
1. As he left the ice he did have that far away look in his eyes. I think its a mistake to just conclude its a cut and no more. Reirden certainly dodged that question in the post game.

2, Eller looked like another offensive step up from playoff Eller. His offensive game just looks more. Like from Geico

Wilson will be back before the Caps see Boston again.
I'm still hoping Wilson appeals and gets his suspension reduced. I think Wilson has a good case if you compare some of his hits to others. I'm not saying it isn't suspension worthy. I honestly feel that Wilson is getting stiffer penalties because there is more force in his hits than any other player. To me any illegal hit to the head should be treated the same.
So basically if you are a powderpuff that couldn't hurt a flea then headshots are OK.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It's time for Tom to learn to hip check. Tuck into a ball, do whatever is needed to not target the head. Target the solar plexus to immobilize the opposition and create impromptu power plays.

Imagine if Willy instigated more than he does. Instigator would be a match penalty by now

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Really something to be proud of, Chowders. Ambushing a scoring center who has never fought before.

Too bad the Caps don't employ a tough guy to deter shit like this.

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
It's time for Tom to learn to hip check. Tuck into a ball, do whatever is needed to not target the head. Target the solar plexus to immobilize the opposition and create impromptu power plays.

Imagine if Willy instigated more than he does. Instigator would be a match penalty by now

I dont 'tweet', so somebody please help me out here. The above tweet claiming Marchand has "become a leader"
by sucker-punching a guy who doesnt want to fight...is an official tweet from the Bruins team ?? Its broadcast arm ??
Who exactly ??

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Marchand will continue to be Marchand until the league decides to make an example of him as well. If they truly are in the mindset of player safety this year, I'd expect at least one long suspension from Marchand given his stupid antics. Guy has always been a little asshole

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I dont 'tweet', so somebody please help me out here. The above tweet claiming Marchand has "become a leader"
by sucker-punching a guy who doesnt want to fight...is an official tweet from the Bruins team ?? Its broadcast arm ??
Who exactly ??
It doesn't look like they are they broadcast team. Looks like a local? media company. Seems confusing to me but they don't appear to be the lead broadcast team of the Bruins

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Perhaps it's the lingering old school NHL still wired into me, but I knew Eller would have to answer for his celly on the goal that made it 7-0. He did it right in front of the Boston bench (which is right below where I was sitting) and it was pretty noticeable. And then his slap shot 2 minutes later kinda clinched it. None of that makes Marchand any less of a weasel than he already is. But it's becoming increasingly hard to figure out which old school NHL acts of violence intentionally directed toward an unsuspecting guy's head constitute stuff that has to be outlawed from the game and which old school NHL acts of violence intentionally directed toward an unsuspecting guy's head are just examples of heart and grit. And the brass wonders why it's considered a garbage league.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
How about that Dowd goal. And Holtby with an assist.

Shout out to Madison Bowey who answered the bell. It looks like he knows when to throw the upper cut.

Last edited:

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Actually my post above is unfair to Willy. I don't think he intentionally tried to hit Oscar's head. But he did intentionally try to blow him up and made head contact. Anyway, the point is Willy makes a hockey play that crosses the line and results in head damage and it's 20 games because he's done that crap too many times says the league. Marchand makes a non-hockey play of purposefully sucker-punching an unsuspecting guy in the head because his team has been humiliated which resulted in a guy getting, at a minimum, pretty woozy in the head and he gets . . . an extra 2 minutes, even though he pulls that crap all the f***ing time. Got it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

You realize that if Wilson started hipchecking they would accuse him of going after the knees. He just needs to learn what Ov learned. That's all.

Marchand becomes a leader. LOL. He's a big man for jumping and beating a player from Denmark. I am sure as hell impressed. He's right ip there with Brooks Orpik.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad