GDT: Stanley cup champs vs non Stanley cup bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Game was perfect. Killed 'em.

Cap's possession game was very good. Probably need to keep that up and keep pressure off the defense though.

Thought Walker played a strong game. Very disruptive on the forecheck.

As much as it hurts to say, Orpik looked pretty good too.

If Walker could finish he would be an everyday NHL'er easily. His wheels are insane.

Agree about Orpik, I'll eat crow and love every bite if he has a better season then he did last season.

To everyone here who was at the game, I hate you all but I also love you all!!! ;)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Game was perfect. Killed 'em.

Cap's possession game was very good. Probably need to keep that up and keep pressure off the defense though.

Thought Walker played a strong game. Very disruptive on the forecheck.

As much as it hurts to say, Orpik looked pretty good too.
I can't say anything had about any of our players. Other than Eller getting his butt kicked by Marchand

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
If Walker could finish he would be an everyday NHL'er easily. His wheels are insane.

Agree about Orpik, I'll eat crow and love every bite if he has a better season then he did last season.

To everyone here who was at the game, I hate you all but I also love you all!!! ;)
Walker does have very good speed. Unfortunately that's about all he brings.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Just watched the highlights, Kuzy's first goal...so Kuzy. Only he could have made that play.
Kuzy is totally underrated. Most people barely rank him as a top 20 center. Those people obviously dont watch him on a nightly basis. He is so smooth. He might be the most skilled player in the league.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Our transition game was fantastic tonight. Scoring chances were 27-6 (!) in our favor. Total domination. But of course, there are 81 more regular season games to go.

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Kuzy is totally underrated. Most people barely rank him as a top 20 center. Those people obviously dont watch him on a nightly basis. He is so smooth. He might be the most skilled player in the league.

Definitely underrated. I wonder if his newfound PK responsibilities will improve his reputation. He played a strong defensive game tonight.

Reactions: JenniferH

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
So, Willy, as a repeat offender, get 20 games for missing a check by inches.

And, Marchand, a repeat offender, jumps and bloodies a guy for no reason, other than that his team can't play.

Watch............there will be no suspension.

And I'm supposed to take the NHL seriously. Seriously?

This is the area where the NHL needs to crack down as well

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Congrats on the outcome tonight.

I didn't see the Eller 'celebration' but supposedly that's why Marchand started in on him.
I can see challenging a player or checking him heavily if there was some perceived disrespect. From a neutral fan, that was a gross suckerpunch.

Tom Wilson got what he deserved even if you all love him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
*I'm a Roussel apologist, but it's going to suck to play against him this season. I respect your love for the grit/talent player.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
So, Willy, as a repeat offender, get 20 games for missing a check by inches.

And, Marchand, a repeat offender, jumps and bloodies a guy for no reason, other than that his team can't play.

Watch............there will be no suspension.

And I'm supposed to take the NHL seriously. Seriously?
Ive argued with guys on the main boards about stuff like this. Not saying Wilson is not responsible for his hits. He is making a hockey play. He isn't just jumping someone or attacking them with his stick.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Definitely underrated. I wonder if his newfound PK responsibilities will improve his reputation. He played a strong defensive game tonight.
Playing on the pk doesnt necessarily mean that you are a strong defensive. Some teams like to use their stars on the pk to create some offense. This was very common in the 80s and 90s when teams didnt play defence.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
Ive argued with guys on the main boards about stuff like this. Not saying Wilson is not responsible for his hits. He is making a hockey play. He isn't just jumping someone or attacking them with his stick.

Yeah, Wilson had it coming(the suspension, but maybe more like 10), but like you said, he was playing hockey.

Marchand is just a ****. There is zero excuse for that. If you don't like 7-0, then play hockey.

And it's a shame, because he can be a really good hockey player.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, I didn't resist and I just looked at the final result.
Wow what a game. A night caps fans will never forget.

Bruins certainly thought after their 2w in preseason that their losing streak of 4 years in regular season was over.
But the caps have them a good lesson once again.

Need to buy nhl tv asap and watch the whole game and the banner

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Usual Drunk Disclaimer....please be advised. Top 10 drunk thoughts!

1. Tomorrow is the first real pre-season game.
  2. Marchand is a dick, Willy put a check mark in his brain on that one. Possible next suspension incoming. Hah!
  3. Bowey looked like an actual decent NHL defender. :help:
  4. Orpik looked like he was still in post-season form, shit yeah.
  5. Nathan Walker...dude can play in this leauge. Does everything right. He's the new Chiasson. He'll get 30-40 games on the 4th line. He got Halak'ed like a mofo, but whatever!
  6. We play team defense like that all season and we could do this again...they looked exactly like they did in the final 3 playoff series they played. They win 3/4 playing like that.
  7. Holtby looked good in the minimal work he got. Hopefully no Mitch Korn doesn't melt his brain again. Can't wait to see him with some pressure to really judge.
  8. Orlov stood out to me on the blue line...he was outstanding. Guy played like a top pairing guy. Him and Niskanen are undeniably the #1 pairing.
  9. Stars were the stars, don't know if it was adrenaline cause of the gravity of the night or what...but my god. The stars shined bright. Not just one of them...all of them. That's how you win easy.
  10. Wilson being in pre-game was epic! So happy that happened...also I cried a ton of man tears watching the pre-game. Not gonna lie. (shutup I'm drunk)

GO CAPS GO! #back2back

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Finally got to watch the entire game. So incredible!! That ceremony was perfect, not too long, not too short, just right. The videos were incredible as well. I hope people post scenes from inside the arena on YT.

Ovie calling the guys over to take a picture under the banner was awesome and then kissing the Cup before he put it away. All the feels.

I don't hate the Bruins, I actually like a lot of their players and what they are doing there but Marchand is a tool. Wilson is disliked around the league for sure, but he is not on the same level of dirtiness as Marchand.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The irony of ratface pulling his predictable antics the night Willy is suspended 20 for trying to throw a body check, is rich. He drops the gloves on Eller and then rips his helmet off, and then proceeds to punch him in the head and face 3+ times and cutting him. A minor there isn't even a handslap.

It was a throwback move to see Eller come out of the dressing room to serve his major. Normally guys hide in the dressing room after getting cut late in a game.

How was the meetup, maybe unlock the thread?

Reactions: Sam Spade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad