GDT: Stanley cup champs vs non Stanley cup bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
It's time for Tom to learn to hip check. Tuck into a ball, do whatever is needed to not target the head. Target the solar plexus to immobilize the opposition and create impromptu power plays.

Yeah -- and I'd also mention Rob Blake with his genius rear-end hits. Safe for the hitter, does not affect the head, but delivers huge amounts of force to tender mid-section areas.

Reactions: RandyHolt

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sorry, Oshie's goal was totally legit. Ov's too. I can take or leave Dowd's goal because it was dead center slot and Rask couldnt see the release. Both goals on Halak were legit. Both Kuzy goals were either weird or soft. The rest were good.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I thought the Carlson goal was a pretty legit goal too. Tuuka was pretty shaky in this game.
That one was on Halak. Tukka got yanked after the egregiously soft Kuzy 2nd goal.
Halak actually played pretty well. Stoned Walker at the doorstep and made some other good saves. Can't fault him for Eller's goal either.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Tonite is a huge litmus test, already. Roadie part of a B2B, against the hated Pens, as their home opener.

I wouldnt expect a win, but sure would be nice to play well and not get skated out of the building (as we just did to the Bruins)

Litmus test? For what exactly?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Litmus test? For what exactly?

for where they are mentally, and strategically, against their main adversaries. Last nights game was wonderful. Was it a new normal for this group (confidence and cohesion beyond what we've seen before), or was it just one game due to banner raising/#43 suspension/home crowed/B's suck/etc

Pretty simple?

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
That.game.was.awesome.

I did not see that coming.

I think Wilson does get a slight reduction from 20. Either way, he will be back for the next Boston game in which Marchand will hopefully get his.

Not expecting much tonight, back to back after about as emotional of an opener as you can have. Part of me wanted this off-season to never end.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
for where they are mentally, and strategically, against their main adversaries. Last nights game was wonderful. Was it a new normal for this group (confidence and cohesion beyond what we've seen before), or was it just one game due to banner raising/#43 suspension/home crowed/B's suck/etc

Pretty simple?

I guess I don't see litmus test in the second of a back to back with travel against a rested home team. Should the Caps win, we will be left asking what was wrong with Pittsburgh? Boston is not a bad hockey team.

I will be happy if they win, but either way, I am not reading much into this game. Certainly not before its played and I see what happens.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I guess I don't see litmus test in the second of a back to back with travel against a rested home team. Should the Caps win, we will be left asking what was wrong with Pittsburgh? Boston is not a bad hockey team.

I will be happy if they win, but either way, I am not reading much into this game. Certainly not before its played and I see what happens.

This is exactly why I see it a litmus test. All signs point to a loss.

Look, if they get blown out, the sky is NOT falling and I'm not going to be upset or angry. At all (unless Pens hurt some of our players, then I will be upset).

But if they play well, polished, and focused....and lose or win? Thats a really good sign for this year. IMO

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
That one was on Halak. Tukka got yanked after the egregiously soft Kuzy 2nd goal.
Halak actually played pretty well. Stoned Walker at the doorstep and made some other good saves. Can't fault him for Eller's goal either.
Oh ya right. Forgot about Halak.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Pretty simple?

Where we are mentally and strategically against our main adversaries?

images

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is exactly why I see it a litmus test. All signs point to a loss.

Look, if they get blown out, the sky is NOT falling and I'm not going to be upset or angry. At all (unless Pens hurt some of our players, then I will be upset).

But if they play well, polished, and focused....and lose or win? Thats a really good sign for this year. IMO

Rids, that is not a litmus test. A Republican litmus test is being pro life, say. Democrats must be pro choice. There is nothing in this game that is defining. If the Caps win the game tonight, it might mean that they took the off season seriously and are ready to play. Brooks Orpik said they were all in shape and ready to play.

So, we are talking about different things. If the Caps win tonight, Pens fans will be pissed. That's all I really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->