Stand Up Comedians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Kevin Hart's standups are a lot funnier than his movies.

Katt Williams had great standups before he went complete off the deep end. Pimp Chronicles and It's Pimpin Pimpin were hilarious.

Katt back in the day was hilarious. Coming out to "Hustlin" :laugh:

And of course his comedic takes on certain subjects were hilarious. "He's not dead." "If you take 5 [aspirin] that'll be your last...that's the side effects, hungry, happy, sleepy!"

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

And of course his comedic takes on certain subjects were hilarious. "He's not dead." "If you take 5 [aspirin] that'll be your last...that's the side effects, hungry, happy, sleepy!"

Katt Williams is pretty high on my list of stand ups. Him starting that special with "Hustlin" is still my favourite opener.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Forgot about D'Elia...he's very hit and miss. He has made me laugh in all three of his Netflix specials (one of them was Comedy Central only IIRC) here and there but I feel like he doesn't even really know when he's being funny and when he's just making very obvious observations in an obnoxious voice.

In incorrigible he spends way to much time on how good ummm a certain sexual act feels, a very "yeah no ****" kind of statement. He repeats it several times and even points out "that's so funny" like no...not really.

His story about running into his ex who says his orange shirt is pink and then meeting her mom always cracks me up even though it takes some lame jokes to get there.

He's pretty big on social media so I feel the kind of jokes that get easy laughs and likes on twitter and instagram influence some of the more simple mentality in his lamer jokes. He's got potential to get better but I feel like he needs to get more thoughtful when writing his jokes. The segments of his specials where he just makes weird noises and stupid observations aren't helping him.

His performance at Justin Biebers roast was phenomenal. Thats when i became a big fan.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Its not an equal pay issue, its a they are much more entertaining than her and have more talent issue.

Schumer is awful but the only thing that matters is how much they rake in - not how talented they are - so if she rakes in as much/more than they do then she should be paid accordingly. I just hope to Christ culture hasn't fallen that low.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Not even good enough to be an actor. He's the lowest common denominator. Not funny in the least.

I liken him to being an acquired taste when it comes to humor. Some like him and some don't. Not going to comment on the actor part. That speaks for itself lmao.

I loved his bit about eating a too potent edible (from his last Netflix special) because I've experienced eating an edible that's way too potent and it's spot on :laugh:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEpiDdp3U9g

***If this is considered NSFW a mod can change it at anytime

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Its not an equal pay issue, its a they are much more entertaining than her and have more talent issue.

I'm stunned she got 11 million for the leather special. That was a horrific set. Schumer has had her fame go to her head way too hard. Her earliest material was amusing and at times quite funny. But since she got her own show it's been very lowest common denominator "I'm a ****" jokes delivered poorly and not much else.

The HBO special was still kinda decent but the Leather Special was literally "let's see how many more laughs I can squeeze out of my Trainwrecked character."

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Personally, I have a hard time believing that there's really a gender-biased pay gap issue in such a profit-oriented industry. I remember hearing about Robin Wright complaining about not getting equal pay as Kevin Spacey for House of Cards, and it's like "Yeah, of course! You're not Kevin Spacey!!"

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

Katt Williams is pretty high on my list of stand ups. Him starting that special with "Hustlin" is still my favourite opener.

That bit when he speaks about his white and black friends reaction to him getting arrested for a stolen gun is hilarious. Katt's delivery was so on point.

These were two great bits (Didnt' embed cause of language):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qlNEmpxQxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCzCseQKWaw

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Norm Macdonald is the best. I also like older Dana Carvey. Currently, I enjoy Tom Segura.

Bill Burr has never really hit the spot for me. Yawnfest.

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002

If you read the follow up article I posted, Schumer agrees with you. She didn't want more than Chapelle or Rock, she just wanted more than the initial offer Netflix gave her.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
On the topic of Chappelle, I recently sat down and watched one of his Netflix specials.... that was literally the worst standup I have ever seen. I forced myself to get 3/4 of the way through before turning it off, but I just couldn't make it through the whole thing.

Sep 19, 2008
Chappelle might end up doing 3+ hours though, so it's not bad on a per hour basis

He's definitely on my list of comics to see live

The day the tickets went on sale they were 66 dollars, but 100 after fees. I passed on them and about 5 hours later they were all sold out and the cheapest was 300.

He opened some new dates today so I was able to learn my lesson and get a ticket. Yes it's 100 dollars but he should be pretty good. It's a 10 PM show though :rant:

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
The day the tickets went on sale they were 66 dollars, but 100 after fees. I passed on them and about 5 hours later they were all sold out and the cheapest was 300.

He opened some new dates today so I was able to learn my lesson and get a ticket. Yes it's 100 dollars but he should be pretty good. It's a 10 PM show though :rant:

It's Dave ****ing Chappelle...

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Dennis Miller. He's got some live performances that I own on DVD and they're excellent to stupendous. Plus the old DM show on HBO was great. Always had good guests. A lot of people rag on him lately as he's a bit of political conservative but he's still funny.

My Best-Carey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad