Stand Up Comedians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
allow me to retort

It started out okay, but the jokes became progressively hackier, and he kept going back to same well with that "I ain't scared of you" bit

What I found particularly annoying is that the audience laughed louder with each one...

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It started out okay, but the jokes became progressively hackier, and he kept going back to same well with that "I ain't scared of you" bit

Katt didn't tell a single funny joke in the clip posted and just played "every day I'm hustlin" on repeat over and over, more often than "I ain't scared of you" and in a shorter clip.

Also, Katt was headlining a show that people came to see HIM. Bernie was a nobody who killed the crowd in the first minute right after they booed another nobody off the stage. Then he came out and made his career in 5 minutes. WAY higher degree of difficulty.

Advantage: Bernie

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Katt didn't tell a single funny joke in the clip posted and just played "every day I'm hustlin" on repeat over and over, more often than "I ain't scared of you" and in a shorter clip.

Also, Katt was headlining a show that people came to see HIM. Bernie was a nobody who killed the crowd in the first minute right after they booed another nobody off the stage. Then he came out and made his career in 5 minutes. WAY higher degree of difficulty.

I didn't watch the Katt clip...

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

The joke was the effect of that song in different situations and the physical comedic effect to demonstrate it. Also his anger with the DJ for constantly playing it.

When a comedian comes out on stage their opening no matter what it is has to get the crowd on their side. Standing up there for an hour is a lot different than 5 minutes. A 5 minute routine is supposed have as many punchlines as possible. I don't see really how you can compare the 2.

Most comedians start strong and as the show goes on the belly laughs slow down. It has to do with attention spans. If you save all your best stuff for the end you may have lost half you audience and the jokes don't hit as hard. What makes Dave Chappelle the goat is in one of his last specials he literally told the punchline at the beginning of his set and kept everyone waiting throughout for it for the set up.

I ain't scared of you really had nothing to do with his jokes. He kept saying it as a way to confront the crowd as a cue to laugh just like how Chappelle does when he bends over and laughs at his own jokes.

Sep 19, 2008
Later in that special Katt talks about the Crocodile Hunter in a hilarious clip.

Can't post because of profanity, look it up.

"He was friendly, and informational!"

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It was a good call by you. It was not funny or clever.
I'm sitting here asking myself if the guy who posted it was being sarcastic. Even as physical comedy goes...there's just nothing there. To me it sounded more like someone who doesn't know how to start their set. And I mean Katt's made me laugh but this? Greatest?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm sitting here asking myself if the guy who posted it was being sarcastic. Even as physical comedy goes...there's just nothing there. To me it sounded more like someone who doesn't know how to start their set. And I mean Katt's made me laugh but this? Greatest?
It's a cultural thing.

Show me another stand up special where for the first 3 minutes the crowd is in constant laughter?

Last edited:
Reactions: John Price
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad