Stand Up Comedians

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I've been getting into stand up comedy lately and I've been looking for as many different comedians as I could find. So I was wondering which comedians people here listen to.

Some of my favorites are Carlin of course, Louis CK, Doug Stanhope, Bill Burr, David Cross, and Jim Gaffigan.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
You should check out the UK's Live at the Apollo, they sometimes have pretty good acts on there. You can find lots of episodes on Youtube. It's pretty great for discovering stand-up acts you might enjoy.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Based on that list of favourites, you should definitely check out Bill Hicks if you haven't already.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Guys I've seen:

Jim Breuer
Dave Attell
Norm MacDonald (the best)
Louie CK
The Sklar Brothers
Gary Owen
Rich Vos
Nick Offerman (not really standup, but check out American Ham on Netflix. I saw that live and it was great)
Demetri Martin

Others I like but haven't seen:

Chris Rock
Paul Mooney
Jim Gaffigan
Brian Reagan
Bill Cosby
Todd Glass
Mike Birbiglia
Mitch Hedburg
Pablo Francisco
Zack Galifianakis

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I've enjoyed some of Demetri Martin's stuff. At least for me, he's like a drug free version of Hedberg. Still kicking myself for not watching Mitch when I had the chance.

Silentjury

Apr 19, 2014
Some of these have been mentioned already but just to reinforce the need to check them out:

Mitch Hedberg
Hannibal Burress
Michael Junior
Sklar Brothers
Patrice O'Neal
Nick DiPaolo
Keith Robinson
Patton Oswalt
Dave Attell
Mike Birbiglia
Chelsea Peretti

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Some of these have been mentioned already but just to reinforce the need to check them out:

Mitch Hedberg
Hannibal Burress
Michael Junior
Sklar Brothers
Patrice O'Neal
Nick DiPaolo
Keith Robinson
Patton Oswalt
Dave Attell
Mike Birbiglia
Chelsea Peretti

Patton Oswalt is another one of my favorites. One of the first comics I really got into. His sky cake bit is GOAT. "I'm gonna have Rayp for dinner"

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
He's the only one I HAVE seen live, and I always liked him, but really wonder if younger people get his comedy at all? It's mainly funny anecdotes from his personal experiences, and he is pretty old - might be pretty hard for the younger audiences to relate.

It's definitely not gonna be for everyone, but I mean I'm 26 and have found his standup to be very funny. I'm sure if someone is looking to laugh they'll find some of it humorous.

How was he live? All this crap that came out about him sure is a shame and I feel for everyone affected, but I can't deny that he was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad