Stand Up Comedians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Watched Ray Romano Right Here Around The Corner. Wasn’t great. I’m a huge fan of Ray, but seemed kind of like he did it just for the pay cheque.
Some people are suited to tv sitcoms comedy than stand up. I think Romano is in that boat.

Jerry Seinfeld too, as I find his stand up a bit hit and miss at times. Went to garden of laughs at msg in april earlier in the year and thought seinfeld's set was the worst of the comedians they had on show.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Some people are suited to tv sitcoms comedy than stand up. I think Romano is in that boat.

Jerry Seinfeld too, as I find his stand up a bit hit and miss at times. Went to garden of laughs at msg in april earlier in the year and thought seinfeld's set was the worst of the comedians they had on show.
Well said!
And ya I agree about Seinfeld as well. The show is one of my faves but I’ve seen some of his stand up and it’s kind of dry like rays in my opinion.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
He's not really hungry anymore and has nothing to prove.
If that was true, then he wouldnt bother turning up to New York's smaller comedy clubs and perform for free while he tries new material. I've seen him on more than one occasion unannouced at Gotham comedy club.

I think he just does stand-up so he can keep going around telling everyone it's the hardest job in show business.
He does it because he still loves it. It is just he is getting old. And its tougher for an older comedian to adapt to a younger crowd. Observational comedy, which Seinfeld made his name doesnt work as well with millennials.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If that was true, then he wouldnt bother turning up to New York's smaller comedy clubs and perform for free while he tries new material. I've seen him on more than one occasion unannouced at Gotham comedy club.

He does it because he still loves it. It is just he is getting old. And its tougher for an older comedian to adapt to a younger crowd. Observational comedy, which Seinfeld made his name doesnt work as well with millennials.
do only millennials like comedy now?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

o_O

Millenials don't like Seinfeld?

Thats news to this millenial and all of the millenials I went to school/interacted with throughout my life.

Maybe you are thinking of Gen Z?

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
o_O

Millenials don't like Seinfeld?

Thats news to this millenial and all of the millenials I went to school/interacted with throughout my life.

Maybe you are thinking of Gen Z?

Most people don't realize Millenials are technically people born from 1981 to 1996. Lots of them grew up watching Seinfeld.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg

Genuinely edgy comedy. It doesn't have to be what is said. His form and delivery is a lot more risky and edgy than whatever current comics are crying about.

My absolute favorite. Love this guy, shame there isn't more, but he's one of those guys you could see it coming.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Harvey Weinstein(!)showed up to a performance for new(!!) actors and comedians, and these inexperienced stand ups started roasting him.

I'm of the opinion that a comic should talk about any subject they like, they just have to be funny while they do it

She wasn't funny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad