Stan Bowman thread (mod warning post 965)

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
It’s funny, the moves that Bowman likely hung himself with occurred a few years ago. He had a very solid offseason.

Nylander has impressed, Maatta has been solid, Kahun has done nothing, DeHaan was acquired for peanuts. Anisimov for Smith is a cap dump.

He’s drafted well, he could have fired the coach sooner, but at least it was done.

But that Seabrook contract gets him fired. Trading Panarin and Hammer reeks of upper management interference. The core has given up.

If you want a Bowman fired, then fine. But I hope you people b****ing understand that it’s not going to get better until the core is told to GTFO. And a new GM is unlikely to be able to do that.

Agree with this. He’s been good the past couple years. The three worst moves are the Bickell contract which made us lose TT, the Seabrook deal, and the Danault for peanuts trade.

Reactions: LDF and BrianE

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I love how people still convince themselves he’s a good GM with huge blunders like (Saad/Anisimov)/Seabrok/TT/Hammer/Panarin/Schmaltz/Danault/ etc. A lot of these guys should have been part of the new core, even a guy like Danault was never replaced to this day. TT is looking amazing in Carolina, Saad should have never left to begin with, now we have Smith as a baggage and we lost Panarin for two years because of it. There is a lot residual junk from his pathetic moves over the last 4 years till this day and he’s not stoping...

Yeah but Caggs for ManDog more than balances the scales for all those stinkers you point out.
That deal alone - in my book - gets Bowman jr GM For Life!
'Course it was Bowman jr who signed Boxcar65's besty in the first place, but let's not PICK APART every trade.

PS - Luvya Boxy you know that, bro.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
"... I’m just saying it also relates to resigning Seabrook. Without Seabrook, there wouldn’t have even been a pressing need to move 1 year of Bickell, let alone overpay to do it...

Everything wrong w/ the Hawks - and I mean EVERYTHING - can be traced back to Bowman's announcement that he was extending Seabrook. EVERYBODY who paid attention to Blackhawk hockey KNEW that deal was going to cause REAL problems ...

Not trying to bust your chops here CS2, just that I can't even really get up for games these days b/c the Hawks are down a goal - at least - start of every one Seabrook suits for.

How long this can go on for remains to be seen, but it's going to cost Colitton his job. And he might not be only HC sacrificed to Bowman's disastrous negotiation w/ Brent Seabrook - remember, there're 4 more years NMC left on it AFTER this one's over.

Rant / Vent over ...

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
HF Logic:

Untitled.png

Stan is a good GM

lol

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah but Caggs for ManDog more than balances the scales for all those stinkers you point out.
That deal alone - in my book - gets Bowman jr GM For Life!
'Course it was Bowman jr who signed Boxcar65's besty in the first place, but let's not PICK APART every trade.

PS - Luvya Boxy you know that, bro.

Yeah. Bowman digs his own hole and then is praised when he tries to remedy his blunder that should never have happened in the first place. Gotcha.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
But that Seabrook contract gets him fired. Trading Panarin and Hammer reeks of upper management interference. The core has given up..

Oh what a bunch of bullshit

You really think Mcd forced Stan to trade away young superstar fan favorite and 3 time cup winning core member of team? That literally makes no f***ing sense

Stan had a hissy fit after Hawks lost to Preds and wanted to make dramatic moves and he is the idiot who pulled trigger on those awful deals and it is not anyone else to blame for his mistakes

Also it was clear Bowman made the Hammer deal without consulting Q so it was just another part of the Q/Bowman power struggle

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
The large contracts with NMC are really hurting this team.

It might just be time for fresh blood. I can't imagine THIS team with this reputation and the money paid to the core group and this fan base, will tolerate 3 straight years of no playoffs.

If the Hawks don't miss the playoffs, I predict he's gone.

His biggest blunder - outside of the Seabrook contract - will prove to be the hiring of Colliton and not a proven veteran coach.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Oh what a bunch of bull****

You really think Mcd forced Stan to trade away young superstar fan favorite and 3 time cup winning core member of team? That literally makes no ****ing sense

Stan had a hissy fit after Hawks lost to Preds and wanted to make dramatic moves and he is the idiot who pulled trigger on those awful deals and it is not anyone else to blame for his mistakes

Also it was clear Bowman made the Hammer deal without consulting Q so it was just another part of the Q/Bowman power struggle
if the Hawks miss the playoffs I will leave HF until season starts next year...if Hawks make the playoffs you leave HF until season starts next year...what say you big guy??

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Oh what a bunch of bull****

You really think Mcd forced Stan to trade away young superstar fan favorite and 3 time cup winning core member of team? That literally makes no ****ing sense

Q was livid after Bowman traded Hammer, this was verified by cross talk show discussion on am 1000 during last season.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
if the Hawks miss the playoffs I will leave HF until season starts next year...if Hawks make the playoffs you leave HF until season starts next year...what say you big guy??

No thanks

I love you guys too much to leave

Also what about the post you quoted? Does it make sense this "MCD forced Stan" narrative? Nope not even in the slightest

The Panarin and Hammer deals were all 100% on Stanley and it backfired

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No thanks

I love you guys too much to leave

Also what about the post you quoted? Does it make sense this "MCD forced Stan" narrative? Nope not even in the slightest

The Panarin and Hammer deals were all 100% on Stanley and it backfired
I take Murphy over Hammer 360 days per year twice on Sunday..no damn doubt about it.

Panarin deal sucked, but we couldn't afford him anyways and now we have our best player in Saad because of it and they have nothing. I never defended the Panarin trade but anyone thinking logically can understand the motives behind it.

I hated trading Danault away, because he seemed like what we needed for years...I didn't like Bowman for that trade..the TT trade was discussed to death.

Seabrook deal is brutal and the outlier to everything else we have done the past 4 years...I am sure McD has a say in that signings like every other VP or President of Hockey Ops would for every organization...still doesn't absorb it from Bowman's ledger.

If Bowman got fired tomorrow I wouldn't lose sleep...

BUT...

Nylander for Joker is a trade I keep making - Nylander looks great and is only going to be getting more ice time. he has been one of the better forwards with limited ice time we have.

Caggiula for Man Dog was criminal - there is a case in Edmonton going to court over how bad the trade was..

Kubalik was an absolute beautiful signing..

Maatta for Kahun was f***ing robbery...jail sentence still awaiting..

De Haan for Forsling and Forsberg....hahahahahahaha.......hahahahahahahaha.......

Carpenter signing was excellent - he brings a lot to the table.

Gus signed for barely $1.2 mil for 2 damn years - that was ridiculous when the narrative was to punt on him..

brought in a top 4 dman in Kempny that unfortunately your hero couldn't figure out how to use but goes on to win a Cup..playing top 4 minutes...who knew right??

Drafted Dach 3rd despite most of us thinking someone else...he has been wonderful so far..

Strome for Schmaltz still a lot of hockey to be determined..

so yeah if you focus on the gloom then you miss all the good which is what you do anyway...but if you can't acknowledge the good and only focus on the bad nobody will ever take your shit seriously.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Trade some or the core first then go from there. Don't think we will have too much success until this is done but hope i'm wrong.

The next GM (unless it's someone like Keenan) like our present one won't have the balls to do above.

Last edited:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
It’s funny, the moves that Bowman likely hung himself with occurred a few years ago. He had a very solid offseason.

Nylander has impressed, Maatta has been solid, Kahun has done nothing, DeHaan was acquired for peanuts. Anisimov for Smith is a cap dump.

He’s drafted well, he could have fired the coach sooner, but at least it was done.

But that Seabrook contract gets him fired. Trading Panarin and Hammer reeks of upper management interference. The core has given up.

If you want a Bowman fired, then fine. But I hope you people b****ing understand that it’s not going to get better until the core is told to GTFO. And a new GM is unlikely to be able to do that.

Pretty much this.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I think the biggest issue with the Seabrook signing is how fast the play declined. It was much faster than they could develop young D.

It would have been an overpay if the decline had been slower but not a disaster. And I know people make fun of Seabrook's leadership, but consider that by several accounts that team was struggling in 2015 in the locker room.

And then consider what every player says when they get traded or drafted to Chicago, Seabrook is the one to help out. Even now Kirby Dach is living with him.

That is not to defend Stan because it was clearly the wrong decison, but I think it's absurd to say someone as successful as him is an idiot. It's more fruitful to try to understand why he made the decisions he made.

And that being said if they let him go, Stan is not getting fired and tossed to the curb. His job title will change within the org to consultant or v-p of something or other and he will quickly get a new job. Hell, if he's fired at the end of this year I wouldn't be shocked if the Penguins hire him. And he would bring a lot of his scouting team with him.

And I honestly can't think of an example where a GM change signalled a soft rebuild. If Stan is gone this team is in for a long rebuild.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I take Murphy over Hammer 360 days per year twice on Sunday..no damn doubt about it.

Panarin deal sucked, but we couldn't afford him anyways and now we have our best player in Saad because of it and they have nothing. I never defended the Panarin trade but anyone thinking logically can understand the motives behind it.

I hated trading Danault away, because he seemed like what we needed for years...I didn't like Bowman for that trade..the TT trade was discussed to death.

Seabrook deal is brutal and the outlier to everything else we have done the past 4 years...I am sure McD has a say in that signings like every other VP or President of Hockey Ops would for every organization...still doesn't absorb it from Bowman's ledger.

If Bowman got fired tomorrow I wouldn't lose sleep...

BUT...

Nylander for Joker is a trade I keep making - Nylander looks great and is only going to be getting more ice time. he has been one of the better forwards with limited ice time we have.

Caggiula for Man Dog was criminal - there is a case in Edmonton going to court over how bad the trade was..

Kubalik was an absolute beautiful signing..

Maatta for Kahun was ****ing robbery...jail sentence still awaiting..

De Haan for Forsling and Forsberg....hahahahahahaha.......hahahahahahahaha.......

Carpenter signing was excellent - he brings a lot to the table.

Gus signed for barely $1.2 mil for 2 damn years - that was ridiculous when the narrative was to punt on him..

brought in a top 4 dman in Kempny that unfortunately your hero couldn't figure out how to use but goes on to win a Cup..playing top 4 minutes...who knew right??

Drafted Dach 3rd despite most of us thinking someone else...he has been wonderful so far..

Strome for Schmaltz still a lot of hockey to be determined..

so yeah if you focus on the gloom then you miss all the good which is what you do anyway...but if you can't acknowledge the good and only focus on the bad nobody will ever take your **** seriously.

The team is not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad