Stan Bowman thread (mod warning post 965)

Flahawkfan

Apr 24, 2017
Or the Cam Ward signing........... But you lay out the argument very well that there has been a lot of good done.

Another poster mentioned it, and I think it will become a larger problem as this season progresses is the hiring of JC.

For the most part the core loved Q and he was replaced by a young inexperienced guy who is approx many of the core groups age.

Many of the same issues that were critical in releasing Q are still showing up now i.e. Poor record to start off season, inept work ethic, PP that was non existent etc. It appears at least most of the players still are listening as his "no Effort" rant from Friday was followed up with yesterdays effort. How much longer will much of this team continue to listen? And even if they are listening, if they can't perform at a high level (i'm looking at you Toews, Seabrook, Debrincat, and Strome) then we are still left with a POS product.

JC will go long before Stan or the 4 players I referenced.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Do you think Bowman might entertain offering the 2020 first round pick to see what he might get back in return to save his job and possibly try and save the season .Bowman is pretty well on chopping block along with Colitton .If you can package the 1st 2020 pick and get a Taylor Hall type player

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Do you think Bowman might entertain offering the 2020 first round pick to see what he might get back in return to save his job and possibly try and save the season .Bowman is pretty well on chopping block along with Colitton .If you can package the 1st 2020 pick and get a Taylor Hall type player
if that was the case he wouldn't have drafted Boqvist 2 years ago...he would have moved the 3rd overall pick to get something back asap..Bowman isn't on the hot-seat right now...by the end of the season that could change, but for now he has the trust to turn it around and the moves he has made shows bigger picture here.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
if that was the case he wouldn't have drafted Boqvist 2 years ago...he would have moved the 3rd overall pick to get something back asap..Bowman isn't on the hot-seat right now...by the end of the season that could change, but for now he has the trust to turn it around and the moves he has made shows bigger picture here.

Stan will undoubtedly last the season but the clock is ticking.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I take Murphy over Hammer 360 days per year twice on Sunday..no damn doubt about it.

Panarin deal sucked, but we couldn't afford him anyways and now we have our best player in Saad because of it and they have nothing. I never defended the Panarin trade but anyone thinking logically can understand the motives behind it.

I hated trading Danault away, because he seemed like what we needed for years...I didn't like Bowman for that trade..the TT trade was discussed to death.

Seabrook deal is brutal and the outlier to everything else we have done the past 4 years...I am sure McD has a say in that signings like every other VP or President of Hockey Ops would for every organization...still doesn't absorb it from Bowman's ledger.

If Bowman got fired tomorrow I wouldn't lose sleep...

BUT...

Nylander for Joker is a trade I keep making - Nylander looks great and is only going to be getting more ice time. he has been one of the better forwards with limited ice time we have.

Caggiula for Man Dog was criminal - there is a case in Edmonton going to court over how bad the trade was..

Kubalik was an absolute beautiful signing..

Maatta for Kahun was ****ing robbery...jail sentence still awaiting..

De Haan for Forsling and Forsberg....hahahahahahaha.......hahahahahahahaha.......

Carpenter signing was excellent - he brings a lot to the table.

Gus signed for barely $1.2 mil for 2 damn years - that was ridiculous when the narrative was to punt on him..

brought in a top 4 dman in Kempny that unfortunately your hero couldn't figure out how to use but goes on to win a Cup..playing top 4 minutes...who knew right??

Drafted Dach 3rd despite most of us thinking someone else...he has been wonderful so far..

Strome for Schmaltz still a lot of hockey to be determined..

so yeah if you focus on the gloom then you miss all the good which is what you do anyway...but if you can't acknowledge the good and only focus on the bad nobody will ever take your **** seriously.

Annnnnddd there is the excuse post I always talk about...

Team is literally garbage last place and this guy right here is telling us how Stan the Man is still great... LOL

HF logic or should I say HT logic? LOL

Cognitive dissonance at its finest

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
if the Hawks miss the playoffs I will leave HF until season starts next year...if Hawks make the playoffs you leave HF until season starts next year...what say you big guy??

Dudes, let's have "a spirited debate" among us all but ... not call for banishing any.
Just click the Ignore This Member button.
HFawks is my "sanity safe space" and I need & WANT all its characters weighing in ...

There's a real world out there - scares the hell outta me - I come to this board to dial down & talk the sport I love read, see gifs that LOL me back to mental well being. Joke no joke.
Peace & love and ...
GoHawks

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianE

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Q was livid after Bowman traded Hammer, this was verified by cross talk show discussion on am 1000 during last season.

Believe me I'm no Bowman guy (nepotism poster boy nominee but job envy pettiness on my part can admit), still .. in hindsight I'd have to say the Hjalmarsson for Murphy deal one I'd make again. Injuries aside of course. (Can't see the future til it gets here-style.)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
C'mon CMS, don't leave out 5th grade fractions / percentages make your case.
Small sample stipulated but ... Hawks ppg lowest in WC.
It is a small sample size, smaller than any other team in the west. A regulation win tonight and we jump 2 teams (Wild and King, who would have the same amount of points, but a few more games played). We're early in the season, this shit can fluctuate a ton based off a game or two.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I take Murphy over Hammer 360 days per year twice on Sunday..no damn doubt about it.

Panarin deal sucked, but we couldn't afford him anyways and now we have our best player in Saad because of it and they have nothing. I never defended the Panarin trade but anyone thinking logically can understand the motives behind it.

I hated trading Danault away, because he seemed like what we needed for years...I didn't like Bowman for that trade..the TT trade was discussed to death.

Seabrook deal is brutal and the outlier to everything else we have done the past 4 years...I am sure McD has a say in that signings like every other VP or President of Hockey Ops would for every organization...still doesn't absorb it from Bowman's ledger.

If Bowman got fired tomorrow I wouldn't lose sleep...

BUT...

Nylander for Joker is a trade I keep making - Nylander looks great and is only going to be getting more ice time. he has been one of the better forwards with limited ice time we have.

Caggiula for Man Dog was criminal - there is a case in Edmonton going to court over how bad the trade was..

Kubalik was an absolute beautiful signing..

Maatta for Kahun was ****ing robbery...jail sentence still awaiting..

De Haan for Forsling and Forsberg....hahahahahahaha.......hahahahahahahaha.......

Carpenter signing was excellent - he brings a lot to the table.

Gus signed for barely $1.2 mil for 2 damn years - that was ridiculous when the narrative was to punt on him..

brought in a top 4 dman in Kempny that unfortunately your hero couldn't figure out how to use but goes on to win a Cup..playing top 4 minutes...who knew right??

Drafted Dach 3rd despite most of us thinking someone else...he has been wonderful so far..

Strome for Schmaltz still a lot of hockey to be determined..

so yeah if you focus on the gloom then you miss all the good which is what you do anyway...but if you can't acknowledge the good and only focus on the bad nobody will ever take your **** seriously.

Strong case presented. Respect.
Buy most, agree to disagree others. Was/Am big on Joker and he's missed on Hawks current roster. Club needs a RHD badly - more than another winger (current no puck luck stretch will end - hopefully) but trade looks win-win long term. Time will tell of course ...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Agree with this. He’s been good the past couple years. The three worst moves are the Bickell contract which made us lose TT, the Seabrook deal, and the Danault for peanuts trade.

and i would very much include Saad being traded.....

excellent !!

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Everything wrong w/ the Hawks - and I mean EVERYTHING - can be traced back to Bowman's announcement that he was extending Seabrook. EVERYBODY who paid attention to Blackhawk hockey KNEW that deal was going to cause REAL problems ...

Not trying to bust your chops here CS2, just that I can't even really get up for games these days b/c the Hawks are down a goal - at least - start of every one Seabrook suits for.

How long this can go on for remains to be seen, but it's going to cost Colitton his job. And he might not be only HC sacrificed to Bowman's disastrous negotiation w/ Brent Seabrook - remember, there're 4 more years NMC left on it AFTER this one's over.

Rant / Vent over ...

what negotiation...... what went down is the agent went and asked for this $$$$ , years and NMC and SB said sure..... anything else ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The large contracts with NMC are really hurting this team.

It might just be time for fresh blood. I can't imagine THIS team with this reputation and the money paid to the core group and this fan base, will tolerate 3 straight years of no playoffs.

If the Hawks don't miss the playoffs, I predict he's gone.

His biggest blunder - outside of the Seabrook contract - will prove to be the hiring of Colliton and not a proven veteran coach.

this should've been last season, period end of story.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Stan has done a good Job since Q was fired.

this offseason seems to be another plus for him. Signing Lehner, signing Kubalik and to add to it it's not Looking like he lost the trade with Nylander. Extended DeBrincat early. His last 1st rounders look good and promising. Dach should stay in the NHL.
I don't see a reason he should be gone.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Stan has done a good Job since Q was fired.

this offseason seems to be another plus for him. Signing Lehner, signing Kubalik and to add to it it's not Looking like he lost the trade with Nylander. Extended DeBrincat early. His last 1st rounders look good and promising. Dach should stay in the NHL.
I don't see a reason he should be gone.
Winning - Pure and simple.

Stan has his man in the driver's seat for a full season--so there's no excuse for not having an off-season to develop/tweak the systems. He's made (on paper) the right moves in the off-season to build a winner, and now it's up to execution.

With the exception of the LA game, they haven't been, and even though you could argue that's on the players, At this point the buck stops with Stan. After all, he brought in JC.

It's early and a lot can change, but if the 'hawks are on the outside looking in come April I think Stan will be given his walkin' papers. It may not be logical or fair but since Q was already axed for the team's failure to produce, he's the next one up the food chain.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Winning - Pure and simple.

Stan has his man in the driver's seat for a full season--so there's no excuse for not having an off-season to develop/tweak the systems. He's made (on paper) the right moves in the off-season to build a winner, and now it's up to execution.

With the exception of the LA game, they haven't been, and even though you could argue that's on the players, At this point the buck stops with Stan. After all, he brought in JC.

It's early and a lot can change, but if the 'hawks are on the outside looking in come April I think Stan will be given his walkin' papers. It may not be logical or fair but since Q was already axed for the team's failure to produce, he's the next one up the food chain.
Stan has a longer least, Stan has won in the past and had 2 down years. Now he's back on track and his picks long like long-term projects. He won't be gone soon.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I basic criticism have of Stan is that our prospects do not seem to develop well in Rockford...It seems they go there and their careers just die with veru rare exceptions...

None of our prospects there ever tear up the AHL or develop into impactful call ups..

I hope this does not happen to Kurashev and Boqvist....but the track record has been abysmal for a king time now.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Stan has a longer least, Stan has won in the past and had 2 down years. Now he's back on track and his picks long like long-term projects. He won't be gone soon.
The 'hawk's record this year so far does not indicate he's "back on track".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad