Stan Bowman thread (mod warning post 965)

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Stan has done a good Job since Q was fired.

this offseason seems to be another plus for him. Signing Lehner, signing Kubalik and to add to it it's not Looking like he lost the trade with Nylander. Extended DeBrincat early. His last 1st rounders look good and promising. Dach should stay in the NHL.
I don't see a reason he should be gone.
All of this seems correct. At the same time if they have another losing season then i dunno where things go.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Results are all that matters, and they aren't there yet.
Exactly.
At this point from an organizational standpoint I think Stan has to be in the crosshairs--if not then the team can't realistically expect change. JC, being Stan's coach, hasn't done the coaching thing (at least until he sent Seabrook to the pressbox--and only that was one game against a team argubaly in worse shape than we are). Swapping him out for another Stan Yes-man will likely mean more of the same.

The bottom line is the performance of the team on the ice. Stan may have tried to acquire the right pieces and made good moves, but so did Smith and so did Tallon. He also acquired JC and the coaching staff, so that's on him, too.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Exactly.
At this point from an organizational standpoint I think Stan has to be in the crosshairs--if not then the team can't realistically expect change. JC, being Stan's coach, hasn't done the coaching thing (at least until he sent Seabrook to the pressbox--and only that was one game against a team argubaly in worse shape than we are). Swapping him out for another Stan Yes-man will likely mean more of the same.

The bottom line is the performance of the team on the ice. Stan may have tried to acquire the right pieces and made good moves, but so did Smith and so did Tallon. He also acquired JC and the coaching staff, so that's on him, too.

now for my occasional rant against SB......... how can that Bozo not get any negative rants now ??

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Roster stinks, team stinks. He assembled the roster, picked the coach. Bowman, just like Q and some of these vets, is past their expiration dates. This will be three years no playoffs and this team may well be the worst of the three. Sorry Bowman fans the end should be near.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm happy to rinse Stan for some of the decisions he made on the supporting cast, but I have a hard time blaming him for the fact that the core players on this team are all playing like hot trash. The biggest problem with the team right now isn't the supporting cast, despite their weaknesses... the biggest problem is that the highest paid and best players on the team are all garbage, and no team can win when their best players are playing arguably worse than anybody.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm happy to rinse Stan for some of the decisions he made on the supporting cast, but I have a hard time blaming him for the fact that the core players on this team are all playing like hot trash. The biggest problem with the team right now isn't the supporting cast, despite their weaknesses... the biggest problem is that the highest paid and best players on the team are all garbage, and no team can win when their best players are playing arguably worse than anybody.
Nice post. Very accurate.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Defensemen drafted by round 2010-2016:
2nd: 6
3rd: 3
4th: 3
5th: 3
6th: 4
7th: 3

Not one of these players is a regular for the Hawks right now and only 3 of them are NHLers (Holl, Johns and Dahlstrom)

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Not one of these players is a regular for the Hawks right now and only 3 of them are NHLers (Holl, Johns and Dahlstrom)

The drafting as a whole has been bad, how many draft picks have actually made the team the last 4 years and are still on it?

Cat

The end!

The rest didn’t make the NHL or have been traded away because Stan had no patience to brew his own guys.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The drafting as a whole has been bad, how many draft picks have actually made the team the last 4 years and are still on it?

Cat

The end!

The rest didn’t make the NHL or have been traded away because Stan had no patience to brew his own guys.

since 2010 the hawks have been fine drafting...they have one first round pick that didnt make the nhl...mcneil, thats it...that said their inability to develop really any defenseman since hammer is concerning but to say they suck at drafting is just not true...they have draft picks all over the league

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

if you extend it a year or two then you're doubling that number with boqvist, jokiharju and mitchell...gilbert looks like he'll be an nhl regular as well...they did a pretty terrible job picking the right defensemen in early rounds but their track record with forwards kind of saved them

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Cat

The end!

Dach currently.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Yep...

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Say Bowman gets fired if we continue to flounder....who are the top candidates out there to replace him?

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
im shocked by some of your inability to admit stan is not getting the job done and he is part to blame im not saying he should get fired but come on now the team sucks and he assembled it. yeah maybe our stsrs are underachieving but its his job to convince other gms to want aging veterans right before they start dropping off

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Stan had a real rough patch after the 3rd Cup. But he's done a fine job the past couple years, and the organization as a whole is moving in the right direction, even if it is not yet reflected in the standings.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
im shocked by some of your inability to admit stan is not getting the job done and he is part to blame im not saying he should get fired but come on now the team sucks and he assembled it. yeah maybe our stars are underachieving but its his job to convince other gms to want aging veterans right before they start dropping off

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
im shocked by some of your inability to admit stan is not getting the job done and he is part to blame im not saying he should get fired but come on now the team sucks and he assembled it. yeah maybe our stars are underachieving but its his job to convince other gms to want aging veterans right before they start dropping off

They don’t want to admit they were wrong about him. Simple as that.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
since 2010 the hawks have been fine drafting...they have one first round pick that didnt make the nhl...mcneil, thats it...that said their inability to develop really any defenseman since hammer is concerning but to say they suck at drafting is just not true...they have draft picks all over the league

It’s the development side in general that is the biggest problem. When they have a good forward, they fast track him to the NHL, even they seem to know players aren’t going to improve in their system. Defensemen take much longer though and need that AHL time. Unfortunately, they plateau there. I’m glad Mitchell is staying in college because the same could easily happen to him if he gets in this system.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
They don’t want to admit they were wrong about him. Simple as that.
seems like it, and i think its because they know hockey and know how much the bowman family has won and they want to believe stan is the reason we won the cups. and he may have been a huge part and maybe he was the right guy at the time but its not looking that way anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad