Stan Bowman thread (mod warning post 965)

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
To a point, yes, but that's on account of the contracts.

Theres Ther of blame about the Seabrook contract, but ppl don't seem to understand Seabrook was still good when it was signed.

Plus, this organization currently isn't going to allow it's core members to walk away. It's a fact of life alot here need to come to grips with.

Srsly, they didn't trade Kane when he was acting like a clown, why would they trade the guy now when he's one of the best players in hockey?
wow, you are spinning to justify your pov, which i sometimes i have a hard time following. but hey i am on a limited time now.

sorry.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Lol wat?

Bringing in a coach who will have the respect of the vets I worthy of "going to hell"?

Give your head a shake

Give yours a shake for suggesting it. If the vets stopped respecting Q, why would they respect Babcock?

The vets are broken, not the coach. A total nutsack caveman like Babcock won’t magically change that

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Give yours a shake for suggesting it. If the vets stopped respecting Q, why would they respect Babcock?

The vets are broken, not the coach. A total nutsack caveman like Babcock won’t magically change that
Where has it been stated the vets lost respect for Q?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
wow, you are spinning to justify your pov, which i sometimes i have a hard time following. but hey i am on a limited time now.

sorry.
Don't be sorry.

I rarely post on these forums myself (shrugs)

Reactions: LDF

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
By pointing out the Hawks fans here have no loyalty to core players? Lol

Keep looking, I hardly remember the stuff I post here and I love reading myself :D

By talking about Hawks fans as if you're not part of that group. The context of your post implies you're totally removed from the fanbase.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
By talking about Hawks fans as if you're not part of that group. The context of your post implies you're totally removed from the fanbase.
The fanbase? No

The hive mind here? Yes

This place is more toxic then the Fortnite community. Which is why it's the same ppl posting the same drivel every single day.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The fanbase? No

The hive mind here? Yes

This place is more toxic then the Fortnite community. Which is why it's the same ppl posting the same drivel every single day.

How about instead of attacking people who hold an opinion opposite yours, you explain yourself?

Also, people are going to think you’re wrong no matter what opinion you put forward. That’s just how life works. You’re not a victim of the hive mind.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
How about instead of attacking people who hold an opinion opposite yours, you explain yourself?

Also, people are going to think you’re wrong no matter what opinion you put forward. That’s just how life works. You’re not a victim of the hive mind.
Hmmmm

First, I don't care enough about the ppl here to "attack" them. Second, a rarely reply to ppl here because;

1. I rarely read the ppl here
2. There's maybe only one or two ppl here worth reading
And
3. What I do scroll past looks the same it doesn't matter who posts it.

I hope this helps. Truly. I've come to the conclusion that many here are Cup winner fans and never lived thru the Keenan or dark times days here and just chalk it up to youthful ignorance and pull a drive by here and there.

Back on topic- Stan isn't the problem, change my mind.

And...... go

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Hmmmm

First, I don't care enough about the ppl here to "attack" them. Second, a rarely reply to ppl here because;

1. I rarely read the ppl here

2. There's maybe only one or two ppl here worth reading
And
3. What I do scroll past looks the same it doesn't matter who posts it.

I hope this helps. Truly. I've come to the conclusion that many here are Cup winner fans and never lived thru the Keenan or dark times days here and just chalk it up to youthful ignorance and pull a drive by here and there.

Back on topic- Stan isn't the problem, change my mind.

And...... go

If you don't like it here, and you don't like the people here, why do you even participate on this board? Do you just do it to stir the pot?

Reactions: Giovi and Pez68

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Loyalty is a luxury in a hard cap league. Seabrook’s poor play is exacerbated by the fact that he’s taking up so much of our cap space. Bill Wirtz wasn’t liked because we kept bleeding talent because he wouldn’t pay talent market rates in a league where all it would cost was money. There’s an opportunity cost attached to Seabrook.

Apples and garden hoses.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Loyalty is a luxury in a hard cap league. Seabrook’s poor play is exacerbated by the fact that he’s taking up so much of our cap space. Bill Wirtz wasn’t liked because we kept bleeding talent because he wouldn’t pay talent market rates in a league where all it would cost was money. There’s an opportunity cost attached to Seabrook.

Apples and garden hoses.
Yeah well....

Seabrook earned that contract. Maybe Wirtz didn't want to pay out back in the days because nobody brought him a Cup....nah, he was cheap, but still.. Seabrook deserves every single penny of that contract. There isn't a single person who can convince me the core four don't deserve to have their contracts or retire as Hawks.

They take up cap? You work around it. Stan did that during the summer. It isn't Stan's fault this team doesn't have the drive or desire to win, it's the coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad