Stan Bowman thread (mod warning post 965)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Reaching a bit, but I wouldn't say it that way to make the point he was attempting to make. Unless he's calling most of us not "real fans", and he sees himself as one of the few "real fans"

He's essentially saying that everyone on here is a bandwagon fan. We all just started paying attention to the Hawks during the Cup run.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yeah well....

Seabrook earned that contract. Maybe Wirtz didn't want to pay out back in the days because nobody brought him a Cup....nah, he was cheap, but still.. Seabrook deserves every single penny of that contract. There isn't a single person who can convince me the core four don't deserve to have their contracts or retire as Hawks.

They take up cap? You work around it. Stan did that during the summer. It isn't Stan's fault this team doesn't have the drive or desire to win, it's the coach

When you start rewarding people for past performances, and not with the expectation they'll continue producing at high level, you set yourself up for years of mediocrity due to the ripple effect of having worse depth.

$17 million in a hard capped league is a lot of money, and it's not something you can easily just work around. That's so much money that you could buy depth that puts you ahead of the Avs.

With Toews, while he may have earned the money it absolutely came with the expectation that he'd remain an elite first line center throughout the contract. Toews is not living up to that deal.

Not sure what the expectation was for Seabrook, but his deal-to-performance ratio currently hurts this team. I'd argue Toews' is currently hurting this team worse though.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yeah well....

Seabrook earned that contract. Maybe Wirtz didn't want to pay out back in the days because nobody brought him a Cup....nah, he was cheap, but still.. Seabrook deserves every single penny of that contract. There isn't a single person who can convince me the core four don't deserve to have their contracts or retire as Hawks.

They take up cap? You work around it. Stan did that during the summer. It isn't Stan's fault this team doesn't have the drive or desire to win, it's the coach
This view is incredibly simplistic at best, and whole heartedly disingenuous in my feeling.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
By pointing out the Hawks fans here have no loyalty to core players? Lol

Keep looking, I hardly remember the stuff I post here and I love reading myself :D
i am going to speak for myself, i know i am a die hard as most of these posters are ....... but i look at things differently and in many cases lead to my arguments and yeah being banned. but the point is, i know i am different b/c of my ability to see to the heart of a lot of things. maybe it is my past job that made me look and think this way.

i am and proudly a "thanks you very much but what have you done for me lately" and "thanks for everything, but how do you improve your situation"

yeah my outlook in life a harsh..... but FFS, life is hard.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The fanbase? No

The hive mind here? Yes

This place is more toxic then the Fortnite community. Which is why it's the same ppl posting the same drivel every single day.
man i had to look up what is fortnite..... it is a freaking video game. remember i barely know how to use these modern contraption called computer.

but i do not think i think like most of these loyal fans on this forum.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
i am going to speak for myself, i know i am a die hard as most of these posters are ....... but i look at things differently and in many cases lead to my arguments and yeah being banned. but the point is, i know i am different b/c of my ability to see to the heart of a lot of things. maybe it is my past job that made me look and think this way.

i am and proudly a "thanks you very much but what have you done for me lately" and "thanks for everything, but how do you improve your situation"

yeah my outlook in life a harsh..... but FFS, life is hard.

Yep, and when your life is running a team in a capped league, it's exponentially harder.

There's zero room to go around rewarding guys with massive cap hits that their performance can't live up to. Want to reward them? Give them a nice front office job when they retire, let them do one of those final shift bullshit things, retire their number. There are lots of ways to show appreciation for past performances.

f***, those suggesting that crippling the team's ability to compete in a hard capped league is the right thing to do is just dumb.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hmmmm

First, I don't care enough about the ppl here to "attack" them. Second, a rarely reply to ppl here because;

1. I rarely read the ppl here
2. There's maybe only one or two ppl here worth reading
And
3. What I do scroll past looks the same it doesn't matter who posts it.

I hope this helps. Truly. I've come to the conclusion that many here are Cup winner fans and never lived thru the Keenan or dark times days here and just chalk it up to youthful ignorance and pull a drive by here and there.

Back on topic- Stan isn't the problem, change my mind.

And...... go
i think i have proven myself in what i am about to say. ref the bold this too is me, but i do care about ppl opinion . i don't expect to change their opinions, but forums like this if the neighborhood bars of the 60's, 70's and 80's.

a place to explore what the other fans are thinking.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Lol wat?

Bringing in a coach who will have the respect of the vets I worthy of "going to hell"?

Give your head a shake
babcock is a toxic coach who thinks he's Gods gift to hockey. guy us a piece of shit that won't take any advice from anyone. he couldn't win in toronto with a way better roster how is he gonna win here? give your head a shake delusional hawks fan

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Loyalty is a luxury in a hard cap league. Seabrook’s poor play is exacerbated by the fact that he’s taking up so much of our cap space. Bill Wirtz wasn’t liked because we kept bleeding talent because he wouldn’t pay talent market rates in a league where all it would cost was money. There’s an opportunity cost attached to Seabrook.

Apples and garden hoses.

ref the bold, wow it is a luxury but something that can't be done with out a good game plan.....

ref 2nd bold, it is common phrase..... "cost of diminishing return"

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah well....

he did not earn that contract esp in a new cap era. he was being paid.

SB was too sure of himself and wasn't looking at the big pict..... how father time comes to the players in each way..... never being the same for everyone.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Nope, not true. You can definitely be critical of each of them.

It's the meatball "Blowman is a bum" and "Colliton sux" arguments that rightfully get push back.

Are people really saying that? I don’t see it. Most people have presented evidence Bowman is way past his expiration date.

Reactions: LDF

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Are people really saying that? I don’t see it. Most people have presented evidence Bowman is way past his expiration date.

Bold: This is not remotely true. And no one has said that you can't say it.

I mean people are clearly saying it. Just look at the boards and twitter.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Overall, the past few years have been hit or miss for bowman. But if we miss the playoffs again, 1 of 3 things better happen: Bowman is fired, Colliton is fired, or a core player is traded (for a great return).

That will buy the remaining 2 to get their **** together and win. This team isn't a cup contender, but at the very least they should make the playoffs. Anything less is a slap in the face considering the last 3 years.
If they miss the playoffs I would think all 3 of the things you listed need to happen.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
lol its funny cuz the people i was referring to all commented to defend themselves

Are you referring to me?

I think you need to go back and look at places where I've said I don't give a shit if he's fired. I am not, in any way, a loyal defender of Bowman.

I never have, and never will, blindly stick up for the guy. I just really don't care either way whether he remains the GM.

Reactions: UncleElroy1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad