Stan Bowman thread (mod warning post 965)

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Wait this was serious?

I am as critical as they come with JC but this is not a cup team not matter who is coaching. This idea that this team is a cup team is moronic. They are improved a lot from last year but this is not a cup team.

I guess I don't know how to make my font sarcastic-LOL

Reactions: d rake

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Wait this was serious?

I am as critical as they come with JC but this is not a cup team not matter who is coaching. This idea that this team is a cup team is moronic. They are improved a lot from last year but this is not a cup team.

He was obviously being sarcastic. Consider the poster he was replying to.

Reactions: d rake

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks would be better team with Q that is undeniable

JC hire has been abysmal

Hawks are 10-16 this year and 40-53 overall under JC

The PP is among the worst in NHL , The PK is bottom 3rd in league and team offensively is struggling in most facets of game at this point

And for someone who is supposed to be great for the "Kids" he sure doesn't play them much or reward them for when they do play well

Reactions: UncleElroy1224

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
"Playing for a cup" lol. What's next, Toews and Seabrook are magically gonna turn 25 again?
Um...no?

Q would have had an easier time using the depth and not stacking all his talent on one line like JC is doing making it easier for other teams to focus on.

I mean....three cups and all.....

With Lehner, this team should be competing for a Cup. There's too much skill and Stan did his best fixing the defense. It's all on JC, he isn't a NHL head coach.

This team needs Babcock.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
JC got the team in the midst of a 5 game losing streak. After a month to sort things out, last year's team played at a 107 point pace.

So what has happened since then?

Toews has quit.
Last year's AA was better than Carpenter.
Last year's Cagiual was better than this year's Cagiula.
Seabrook has fallen off another cliff ledge.
Gus fell back to earth from his fantastic season.
D-Cat can't find the back of the net.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Q would have had an easier time using the depth and not stacking all his talent on one line like JC is doing making it easier for other teams to focus on.

You mean the Q who wouldn't put Kane and Toews back together in the playoffs until it was almost too late, despite everyone and his brother knowing it was the move that needed to be made? That Q would have this team in the hunt?

What happened in 17/18?

Outright laughable.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You mean the Q who wouldn't put Kane and Toews back together in the playoffs until it was almost too late, despite everyone and his brother knowing it was the move that needed to be made? That Q would have this team in the hunt?

What happened in 17/18?.

Crawford got injured and team fell out of playoff race with the shit show of netminders Stan brought into organization along with a D that had no depth

Hawks were playoff team when Crawford got injured

Reactions: UncleElroy1224

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015

What happened in 17/18?

Outright laughable.
The same Q who won three cups and was given average teams to work with for a couple years until they dropped the hammer on him? That guy? The guy getting the most out of the talent he has in Florida currently?

Seems players actually play for the guy. What's the disconnect with JC, again? I thought he was a players coach and great at coaching kids?

Dach, Kubi are looking amazing averaging 14 minutes a game while Toews looks lost averaging 19. I mean, it's not like Toews would be better under Q, he might be, but Q would have the team better prepared each and every game.

This is what I see;

Stan stacked this team up with talent so putting Q will look like the right move. It backfired because Colliton isn't an NHL head coach.

Stan needs to admit this wasn't a smart move and go get a coach who can salvage this team- Mike Babcock.

And I'll say it- if Babs comes here the Hawks will be a Cup contender outside any serious injuries. This team has too much talent

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Um...no?

With Lehner, this team should be competing for a Cup. There's too much skill and Stan did his best fixing the defense. It's all on JC, he isn't a NHL head coach.

This team needs Babcock.
Which line do you have a problem with?

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Overall, the past few years have been hit or miss for bowman. But if we miss the playoffs again, 1 of 3 things better happen: Bowman is fired, Colliton is fired, or a core player is traded (for a great return).

That will buy the remaining 2 to get their shit together and win. This team isn't a cup contender, but at the very least they should make the playoffs. Anything less is a slap in the face considering the last 3 years.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Um...no?

This team needs Babcock.
ref to Q, toward the end of his tenure here, Q was using kane on the first line with toews and saad.

so in essence your statement is wrong. esp in your prosecution, your verbal assault on toews.

Reactions: jls24

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
ref to Q, toward the end of his tenure here, Q was using kane on the first line with toews and saad.

so in essence your statement is wrong. esp in your prosecution, your verbal assault on toews.
He had nobody else, just sayin

Reactions: LDF

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Um...no?

This team needs Babcock.
go to hell with the babcock talk

Reactions: Giovi

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
ok but the main problem is, who was in charge of that idea of assembling that group. there by hanging the HC out to dry.

but lets face it, Q is not completely innocent in this.
To a point, yes, but that's on account of the contracts.

Theres Ther of blame about the Seabrook contract, but ppl don't seem to understand Seabrook was still good when it was signed.

Plus, this organization currently isn't going to allow it's core members to walk away. It's a fact of life alot here need to come to grips with.

Srsly, they didn't trade Kane when he was acting like a clown, why would they trade the guy now when he's one of the best players in hockey?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad