Speculation: Stammergeddon: Episode II - The not so phantom menace

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think when he gets paid he will go the the net hard again. But right now is not doing that because is afraid he will get hurt again before he gets a new contract. If he gets hurt again he gets significantly less depending on injury. He's playing it safe this season. When he gets his next contract it's likely his last big one and is guaranteed to get paid. Injury or not. So I think we do see a better Stamkos again after he gets his next contract but will coast until he does.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
FIRST WANT FEEDBACK ON THIS LINE OF THINKING

SECOND MIGHT BE ONE OF MY LONG ONES BUT IM SERIOUS ABOUT HEARING YOUR VIEWS ON THIS OBSERVATION AND GETTING SOME FEEDBACK ON HOW SOME OF YOU THINK OR FEEL ABOUT THIS

ok so Steven Stamkos quiet likes his privacy likes tampa because he is left primarily alone to live his life on and off the rink (why probably is zero shot of ever going to toronto or even montreal cause of the circus he would have around him the die each game if you lose mentality of their fan bases)

now simply the problem i see with standclose is simple he has NEVER EMBRACED BEING THE GUY (is not in his nature he is a sniper like a brett hull he hides appears shoots you down from behind its his dna)

So stammagedon is not the guy and lets others be the guy not embracing im the guy like a sydney crosby or a ovechkin who embrace being the guy more liking being the guy accepted as the guy etc..

I think stamkos defers to others even in passing to much people i think this is simply his dna hes ok being second fiddle to the triplets!!

he was ok being second to vinny then marty etc..

until he embraces being the guy he will never achieve his full potential

im ok with that im ok with 10 million or less knowing his limitations

but but but

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT what the hell you hear rumors unconfirmed he only wants to play center i think this is total bull crap myself cause hes ok not being the guy i think he is ok wherever you play him i think cooper is stupid on how he uses him in certain ways:)

hopefully in time that gets addressed
also i firmly believe with the talent we have coming and what we have now he has some great years still in him

im not concerned that he is having a tougher season its still ok in nhl views imho and it tends to happen to most players with long careers 1000 games say

hes what 2 goals off 300 is amazing only 26 with a lot left in the tank in my belief

just hes ok with not being the guy so also does this make sense that he cares very little on the center stuff whatsoever
hes still doing center stuff faceoffs etc.. shoot we got him playing pk at times

just my two cents any thoughts ?
Well if you believe he does not like being the guy then truly there is 0 percent chance he ever signs with Toronto. Is in Tampa is now he has to be the guy! 1. He is the captain 2. He is demanding to be the highest paid guy on the team. To me if he wanted to not be the guy and out of the triplets spot light then he would have signed the 8.5/ 8 contract offer. To me I think he wants a change and out of Tampa his numbers were monster numbers under Boucher! And under cooper he looks like a poor mans Rick Nash floating around the rink. For his own reasons I think he wants out of Tampa for good otherwise why would he still remain unsigned? To me from the moment I watched him at training camp I felt stamkos was a outsider to the team! And guys like kucherov, Johnson, palat and Boyle seemed tight like a family. To me at training camp he seemed like a guy ok I'm here let's get this season over with already and had no intention to sign. Going to Toronto seems like he wants it! He is a blue jays fan and life long leaf fan. The leafs have not won a cup since 1967 and if he won a cup there he would be a god forever with Toronto. Why did anderchuck talk to him about Toronto Robert?? Due to in the back of stamkos mind he is thinking about it. Was anderchuck trying to talk him out of it? The leafs have a management team in place now and Babcock is a better more proven hockey coach then Jon cooper! So cooper I still like you man but right now he is. Mitch marner is coming and nylander is coming. Are they going to be good right away nope but down the line they could be. All in all there is a legit reason stamkos has not signed and a player of his talent almost never makes it to ufa! They get locked up but for whatever reason here we are guys.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think Stamkos wants to be the guy, and if he leaves Tampa, one of the big reasons will be because the program is evolving away from him being the central focus.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think Stamkos wants to be the guy, and if he leaves Tampa, one of the big reasons will be because the program is evolving away from him being the central focus.

Does anyone really think we can still resign stamkos it's February and a player like him almost never hit ufa. ?? I just think if he wanted to stay something would have be signed a while ago.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
@Todd1a I personally don't think he wants to go to Toronto. It would be too crazy. I actually believe the reports about Buffalo. They have money to give and have a pretty good young team if they play their cards right. Just need a goalie.

In the end Stammer may want to come back at a discount but it's not looking like it at this point. If it's not done by the deadline Yzerman may ask him to waive his no trade and will see what he can get for him. I don't think Yzerman wants to lose him for nothing.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
@Todd1a I personally don't think he wants to go to Toronto. I actually believe the reports about Buffalo. They have money to give and have a pretty good young team of they play their cards right. Just need a goalie.

In the end Stammer may want to come back at a discount but it's not looking like it at this point. If it's not done by the deadline Yzerman may ask him to waive his no trade and will see what he can get for him. I don't think Yzerman wants to lose him for nothing.

So it's move him or sign him in your eyes ? At least this saga will come to a end.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Does anyone really think we can still resign stamkos it's February and a player like him almost never hit ufa. ?? I just think if he wanted to stay something would have be signed a while ago.

Feels like a game of chicken gone wrong in a lot of ways.

I have a hard time see Yzerman blinking first and upping his offer to $10.5 million plus given the persona he's built up in management, and enough time has been wasted that Stamkos may as well explore unrestricted free agency.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
@Todd1a I personally don't think he wants to go to Toronto. It would be too crazy. I actually believe the reports about Buffalo. They have money to give and have a pretty good young team if they play their cards right. Just need a goalie.

Sabres fan coming in peace, due mostly to that speculation. I follow TB a decent bit just cause I've liked your team's core and wanted to see them knock off the Hawks, plus I went to school with Dylan Blujus before he went to junior hockey so it's cool to kinda know someone in a team's system.
Anyway, I've skimmed through parts of this thread a few times, and it seems like Stamkos is no longer even really a scoring threat except for when he can use the one timer on powerplay chances. I definitely wouldn't want to give him a Kopitar-type contract if that is the case. Could some people give me a quick rundown on Stamkos' strengths/weaknesses and how his game is going right now? Thanks!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Feels like a game of chicken gone wrong in a lot of ways.

I have a hard time see Yzerman blinking first and upping his offer to $10.5 million plus given the persona he's built up in management, and enough time has been wasted that Stamkos may as well explore unrestricted free agency.

That's pretty much what I was thinking

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Jesus ****ing christ...

They are posting pictures of Stammer in different team's jerseys on Hockey Night in Canada right now.

Toronto, Vancouver, Buffalo, New York, Montréal...

Ciccio1980

Mar 7, 2012
And kypreos says he's going to Montreal ya right like he would be able to go home after that

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

What?

You do know Johnson/Palat were injured most of the year right? he had lots of oppertunities to be "the guy" if he wasn't already it.

There's no "program evolving away from him" there's players getting better than him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Jesus ****ing christ...

They are posting pictures of Stammer in different team's jerseys on Hockey Night in Canada right now.

Toronto, Vancouver, Buffalo, New York, Montréal...
What else do they have to do ? No Canada teams are going to the playoffs ?

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

giphy.gif

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Well, the Rangers jersey is correct. He will land there as a 36-37 year old.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

You do eh? Those aren't reports. Those are talking media heads speculating that don't have any more of an idea what Stammer wants than you or I. Same with the Habs speculation.

Food for thought of the day:

As long as you draft and develop the MAJORITY of your players nowadays in the cap era, the only 'proper' rebuild a team can do is the one that leads to Lord Stanley's Cup.

That is the outcome of the Shanaplan after all.

Shanahan to Stammer: "Want in Stammer? Because will be happy to take Tavares in two years if you don't."

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
You do eh? Those aren't reports. Those are talking media heads speculating that don't have any more of an idea what Stammer wants than you or I. Same with the Habs speculation.

As long as you draft and develop the MAJORITY of your players nowadays in the cap era, the only 'proper' rebuild a team can do is the one that leads to Lord Stanley's Cup.

Shanahan to Stammer: "Want in Stammer? Because will be happy to take Tavares in two years if you don't."

Let me guess, Shanahan is the greatest GM in hockey already. I feel like we've heard this story from Toronto before...

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Shabby isn't a GM, so no, you guessed wrong!

Correct. Shanahan has Lamoriello as GM grooming Dubas for the role.

But it is all part of the Shanaplan, who is President.;)

IMO, if Yzerman really wanted or thought he could move forward with Stamkos as his star player, he wouldn't have extended Cooper.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

This is the exact attitude that gets the Leafs' fanbase so much ridicule. You're talking like you've already won a cup, when in reality you're still in tank mode. Worse, you're telling fans of a team who've actually witnessed a successful rebuild how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad