Speculation: Stammergeddon: Episode II - The not so phantom menace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
You were a big Keep Stamkos guy if I remember correctly. It's kind of sad that it's come this far.

I still hope he stays. It's just hard to imagine him doing it at a price that would be reasonable for the team, when so many teams are likely to offer him money that's not even close to reasonable. All the power to him. I wish him well if he leaves.

I think everyone of us would like stamkos to stay but we understand the salary cap and what type of player stamkos truly is right now. His production is not worth 10 plus million! When right now I view hedman and kucherov as the best two players on our team today. But just because we like stammer we would throw him a bone 9 per year to stay! But his contract demands are not worth his production and that's clear to Tampa fans.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Trade stamkos to the ducks for a 1st and vantein that rhd if stammer resigns with the ducks then bolts get a second 1st rounder. Let coburn walk after this season. Check the market try to sign hudler for a 3 or 4 year deal this summer. Trade drouin to Ottawa for chabot and Colin white this will set us up for a long time to contend.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Trade stamkos to the ducks for a 1st and vantein that rhd if stammer resigns with the ducks then bolts get a second 1st rounder. Let coburn walk after this season. Check the market try to sign hudler for a 3 or 4 year deal this summer. Trade drouin to Ottawa for chabot and Colin white this will set us up for a long time to contend.

can we just trade him anywhere? He has a NMC so he would have to waive it. Then I wonder if he can place conditions as to where he is traded?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hypothetical question for you guys. Assuming Stamkos' problems in Tampa are stylistic issues and not due to his own physical decline, would you rather the Lightning build their team to make sure Stamkos returns to 50-60 goal form, centering their focus around him for the next half dozen years, or would you rather see them turn into the program Yzerman/Cooper are envisioning/building which may involve letting Stamkos walk and using that money elsewhere?

I'm just curious because in this cap era, I find as fans the money issue really colours the way we see players in a way that wasn't the case pre-cap.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hypothetical question for you guys. Assuming Stamkos' problems in Tampa are stylistic issues and not due to his own physical decline, would you rather the Lightning build their team to make sure Stamkos returns to 50-60 goal form, centering their focus around him for the next half dozen years, or would you rather see them turn into the program Yzerman/Cooper are envisioning/building which may involve letting Stamkos walk and using that money elsewhere?

I'm just curious because in this cap era, I find as fans the money issue really colours the way we see players in a way that wasn't the case pre-cap.

Well, when was the last time a team with a 50-60 goal scorer won the Cup?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

Assuming that the pieces are even available to build around him and return him to that form, maybe. IOW, we need an MSL clone. Not easy. Even then it still depends on the money. Honestly, we weren't all that great team wise with him at 50/60 goals. You have to have a complete team. Focusing on getting Stammer back to form could be very costly as far as cap casualties.

All of this makes me sad, as I would much rather have him on the team. I'm absolutely convinced he will destroy the Lightning every time he plays them. It's still less painful than losing multiple pieces to keep him however. And you're right, the cap is coloring all of this. It has to, it's the only realistic way to look at it.

Just read on the NHL board, some writer is speculating that the cap could go down next season, maybe by as much as $4 million. Yikes. Gonna have to read up on this, check this guys creds. If that is at all possible, Stammer is gone, but maybe not for as much as we figured.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i hope he stays i hope he gets around 10 million and that works for both the lightning and stamkos

p.s. on all i said i do not want to get self in trouble or others

i am not an insider my sources are not insiders even bolt prospects would have a better grip on the situation or any situation with the lightning than i will ever have

i am clarifying this for this one time only. I want to follow all rules on hfboards many of you know about my health issues and how this helps me:)

in the future on rules etc.. i will hope to have a better grasp of myself and what i relay here and how i relay things.

I thank you to all my friends whom talk to me and talk about our love of the sport and this team.

just wanting to clear up any questions that might arise on my actions now and in the future. I love the lightning i love hockey i love my friends and our talks and shares:)

in the future I hope to follow rules that are in place better and no nothing was taken out of context and i believe i am in no trouble just sharing cause of knowing rules in place now that I was unaware of and understanding why these rules are in place:)

GollyG

Apr 4, 2015
In a Storm Cloud
I agree with many of you. I love Stammer. But I agree that if it comes down to money, I understand the organization's position and I understand Stamkos' position. I'd want to get paid, too. But I'm glad the Lightning aren't overpaying.

I hope if Stamkos is set on leaving that he waives his NMC.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If it's true the cap is going down then I give him no raise at all. The first two years of his current deal he played to the contract, the last three have been below that deal. There's no way we can raise his pay when his production has diminished as the deal went on.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If it's true the cap is going down then I give him no raise at all. The first two years of his current deal he played to the contract, the last three have been below that deal. There's no way we can raise his pay when his production has diminished as the deal went on.
if the cap is going down 4 million forget him I don't even want him at 7.5 per year! Pay kucherov and extend hedman one year out!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i hope he stays i hope he gets around 10 million and that works for both the lightning and stamkos

p.s. on all i said i do not want to get self in trouble or others

i am not an insider my sources are not insiders even bolt prospects would have a better grip on the situation or any situation with the lightning than i will ever have

i am clarifying this for this one time only. I want to follow all rules on hfboards many of you know about my health issues and how this helps me:)

in the future on rules etc.. i will hope to have a better grasp of myself and what i relay here and how i relay things.

I thank you to all my friends whom talk to me and talk about our love of the sport and this team.

just wanting to clear up any questions that might arise on my actions now and in the future. I love the lightning i love hockey i love my friends and our talks and shares:)

in the future I hope to follow rules that are in place better and no nothing was taken out of context and i believe i am in no trouble just sharing cause of knowing rules in place now that I was unaware of and understanding why these rules are in place:)
I think everyone deserves some slack on this board no one is happy with the stamkos Lightning contract situation. So I for one say the mods should not do anything to this guy! I think his lesson was learned as you can see!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
if the cap goes down it changes everything. Guys won't really be able to compare themselves to other players. I'm sure they'll try.

With Stamkos specifically, hopefully it reduces the amount he can make on the open market, which would make our 8.5-9m offer seem a lot more competitive (I do agree with Hose that even 8.5 is actually quite an overpayment right now).

Not unthinkable that this actually goes beyond July 1. He and Meehan might want a good view of all their options.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

if is true do we keep vasilevskis vladdy and kucherov or sign stamkos lose all of them and maybe lose hedman too argghhhhhh

four million is a lot to lose on a team pretty much capped
if only carle could get a taker

but even moving carle if stamkos wants more then 8.5 and we lose that 4 million id move him just insane it would ruin us imho

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
if is true do we keep vasilevskis vladdy and kucherov or sign stamkos lose all of them and maybe lose hedman too argghhhhhh

but even moving carle if stamkos wants more then 8.5 and we lose that 4 million id move him just insane it would ruin us imho
If the cap goes down 4 million la and Chicago are way more screwed then we are lol. After reading this today I was look oh why now I understand why yzerman did not sign stamkos! Got to keep kucherov and hedman plus bishop.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It wouldn't ruin us. I don't see Stamkos doing anything that most $6m scoring wingers couldn't do.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I've been saying for a year that we'll have to buy Carle out. SY is amazing, but there ain't no way he talks somebody into that contract.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
how can me move carle and callahan? just saying

ohhhh buy outs

unreal have a headache

We won't buy Callahan out. He might be overpaid, but he's very useful.

Carle is a clear buy out. Coburn walks after this year.

Tough decision to make on Flip. He's clearly Cooper's guy, and I think he's been pretty good for the last 15-20 games. When he's on, we win. I don't think we want to move that contract, but it's movable, and it wouldn't kill us.

If the cap indeed drops though, I don't know if we can even go to $9m for Stamkos. Not with Kucherov and Hedman's contracts looming. Both of those guys, IMO, take priority over Stamkos right now.

I can imagine us replacing Stamkos's scoring. Can't imagine us replacing everything Hedman does.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
ya scanned twitter is not widespread yet arghhhhhh breathing again

lol ok break time i dont want to see no more bad news

is my fault though i put the # tank for matthews sign up on our game day thread lol

was a joke we win yes we win thats what we do we win

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would buyout Carle and Callahan then not resign Stamkos. We need to have a total clearout of bad contracts. We'd have roughly 3.7 in dead space for 4 years then 1.83 for 4 more. It's a lot of wasted cap but we need to shift our focus to contributing players and cut out the fat. The cap is going to remain low for several years, can't pay Callahan 5.8 to underperform, take his 1.8 buyout give Brown 1.2 then we can have 3 mil dollar player, use someone cheap like Blunden on the 4th line and we have two bottom 6 wingers for 2mil less then what Callahan makes. Same thing with Carle give Nesterov a little bump to say 1.2 then 1.8 Carle buyout so 3 mil for 1 defender, Koekkoek still has a year on his ELC so combined we have 2 defenders for 2mil less then Carle. Trade Killorn if he wants more then 3mil, try to convince Kucherov to take less then 6mil.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

If it really is the system he is playing in then I would rather let him leave and use that salary to get a decent replacement and to shore up other areas.

When was the last time a team built around a single player won the Cup?

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I would buyout Carle and Callahan then not resign Stamkos. We need to have a total clearout of bad contracts. We'd have roughly 3.7 in dead space for 4 years then 1.83 for 4 more. It's a lot of wasted cap but we need to shift our focus to contributing players and cut out the fat. The cap is going to remain low for several years, can't pay Callahan 5.8 to underperform, take his 1.8 buyout give Brown 1.2 then we can have 3 mil dollar player, use someone cheap like Blunden on the 4th line and we have two bottom 6 wingers for 2mil less then what Callahan makes. Same thing with Carle give Nesterov a little bump to say 1.2 then 1.8 Carle buyout so 3 mil for 1 defender, Koekkoek still has a year on his ELC so combined we have 2 defenders for 2mil less then Carle. Trade Killorn if he wants more then 3mil, try to convince Kucherov to take less then 6mil.

I wouldn't buyout Callahan this summer, his caphit would stay around for far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad