Speculation: Stammergeddon: Episode II - The not so phantom menace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would buyout Carle and Callahan then not resign Stamkos. We need to have a total clearout of bad contracts. We'd have roughly 3.7 in dead space for 4 years then 1.83 for 4 more. It's a lot of wasted cap but we need to shift our focus to contributing players and cut out the fat. The cap is going to remain low for several years, can't pay Callahan 5.8 to underperform, take his 1.8 buyout give Brown 1.2 then we can have 3 mil dollar player, use someone cheap like Blunden on the 4th line and we have two bottom 6 wingers for 2mil less then what Callahan makes. Same thing with Carle give Nesterov a little bump to say 1.2 then 1.8 Carle buyout so 3 mil for 1 defender, Koekkoek still has a year on his ELC so combined we have 2 defenders for 2mil less then Carle. Trade Killorn if he wants more then 3mil, try to convince Kucherov to take less then 6mil.

i agree how i heard it

stevie told both callahan and filppula when signed those deals what was expected 2 or so points in 30 games is not producing at some point you got to make an example and i want to keep the kids keep turning over and be a force for ten years

if you got 15-20 million of bad contracts it really ties your hands up if something worthwhile does come along

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Please trade this bum. I'm tired of watching games that we have the guy that wants top money in NHL. Beyond absurd. He's barely above pretty good anymore

If he will allow of course. FU 91

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Please trade this bum. I'm tired of watching games that we have the guy that wants top money in NHL. Beyond absurd. He's barely above pretty good anymore

If he will allow of course. FU 91

Guy is a joke wants top money and he sucks I hope his new team enjoys him

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He's really not making the decision difficult at all and that's as depressing as much as it might be a relief.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He's really not making the decision difficult at all and that's as depressing as much as it might be a relief.

Ya he is making our decision not to pay his demands easy watch him not score in this game what a shocker lol

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He just needs to go full Ovechkin. Just shoot all the ****ing time. I'd rather he take stupid shots than make stupid passes.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He just needs to go full Ovechkin. Just shoot all the ****ing time. I'd rather he take stupid shots than make stupid passes.

Yea this if he would do that shoot 5-8 times a game hog the freaking puck!! Stop with the back and side to side passes.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
Yea this if he would do that shoot 5-8 times a game hog the freaking puck!! Stop with the back and side to side passes.

"Needs to shoot more" is a really positive take on a glaring issue. It's not just that if he shoots more he will score more. He needs to stop going for the pass because he keeps turning over the damn puck.

He's not an elite player. He does nothing to generate offense. He doesn't elevate the people around him. High scoring players always suffer when put on a line or PP with him because everything has to be Stamkos-centered.

He can't skate the puck in. He can't pass. He can't handle the added pressure opponents put on him for being Stamkos, and he can't take advantage of it and rack up the assists.

He's predictable with the puck and seems to have his "approach of the month" where he's just going through the motions every play. He either always goes for the wrap around or always doubles back to the blue line and makes a soft pass or always moves the puck laterally before entry. No creative effort what-so-ever. Just waiting for the next play someone else can set up for him.

Occasionally he has an exceptional game, and for Stamkos, an exceptional game is elite playmaking and shooting. But sometimes JT Brown scores two goals in a week. That doesn't make him a 40 goal scorer.

Is Stamkos worth 9 or 10 million? In a vaccuum, maybe yes. On our team, no. TBL has bigger priority players.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He's predictable with the puck and seems to have his "approach of the month" where he's just going through the motions every play. He either always goes for the wrap around or always doubles back to the blue line and makes a soft pass or always moves the puck laterally before entry. No creative effort what-so-ever. Just waiting for the next play someone else can set up for him.

So ****ing true. :cry:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
https://youtu.be/YimRmMapl9s

This guy deserves that much. He's only 26 is he capable of ever being that dangerous again?? You watch the majority of those goals and you see him being set up. Marty, Vinny, Purcell(at this time) were all above average playmakers. How can you build an above average team if one guy is making 9-12 mil?? Especially if the cap is supposed to go down a few mil.

At least the Bolts have guys like Kucherov, Johnson, Palat who pick up the slack offensively if Stamkos leaves. It's a team game and takes more than one guy to win a championship.

Crosby has been one of the most dominant player the league has ever seen and he's only had one cup to show for it. We talk about Chicagos dynasty with Kane and Towes but they have had a phenomenal team behind them.

The question to me is if we give Stamkos the contract he desires can we have a team that can make up for all that Stamkos lacks? I think it makes Yzermans job a lot more difficult to do that.

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

This guy deserves that much. He's only 26 is he capable of ever being that dangerous again?? You watch the majority of those goals and you see him being set up. Marty, Vinny, Purcell(at this time) were all above average playmakers. How can you build an above average team if one guy is making 9-12 mil?? Especially if the cap is supposed to go down a few mil.

At least the Bolts have guys like Kucherov, Johnson, Palat who pick up the slack offensively if Stamkos leaves. It's a team game and takes more than one guy to win a championship.

Crosby has been one of the most dominant player the league has ever seen and he's only had one cup to show for it. We talk about Chicagos dynasty with Kane and Towes but they have had a phenomenal team behind them.

The question to me is if we give Stamkos the contract he desires can we have a team that can make up for all that Stamkos lacks? I think it makes Yzermans job a lot more difficult to do that.

God I miss this guy. We sucked hard during that season but it was great watching the Stamkos show. How many of those goals came from just going to the net? I feels like he never does that anymore.

Or was it the hair?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
God I miss this guy. We sucked hard during that season but it was great watching the Stamkos show. How many of those goals came from just going to the net? I feels like he never does that anymore.

Or was it the hair?

It was the hair.

Seriously he never drives the net like he used to. That has nothing to do with playing in coops system. It's the fact that he broke his leg and is scared to go at the net and lose all his value in a second. Remember his quote about how he immediately learned after the injury how quickly it could all end from an injury. Is it possible he is playing safe this year because he doesn't want to lose out on the big contract?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

This is the stamkos i would pay 12 per year!! I miss this guy he just does not drive the next Like that anymore.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

Check minute 1:00 - that play + the goal... where is that Stamkos?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

You can build a team paying stamkos 10 hedman 8 palat , Johnson and kucherov 6 each! It's called ok al Murray!! You better keep up drafting we need support around these guys! Because we can't sign free agents!!

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Crazy how many of those goals were within a foot or two of the net. Also he scored so many from long distance wrist shots. He still can do that sometimes, but stupidly passes or pulls up most of the time now. It's so obvious what he could do to produce more but he just doesn't. The cross ice one timers I understand being taken away and making things a lot harder, but the simpler stuff he just forgot how to do? What the hell man!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Stamkos has also been here since 2008 and has 0 Stanley cups just maybe he feels he can find a better team at ufa to win a cup. It's tough to see drew doughty picked behind you in 2008 and see him win two cups in la. Maybe he sees all this bad contracts Callahan, carle and flipper and is look oh no ? How are they going to afford bishop, Johnson, kucherov, hedman and palat around me ? Plus is there really any a plus prospects that we have drafted to one we did is drouin and he wants out. I don't see anyway we keep stamkos unless yzerman can find a way to unload these bad contracts he gave out to Callahan, carle and flipper. Truly if the cap is going down 4 million then that does not help at all. Not to question a certain someone did they really get expansion numbers and cap numbers for next season? A month ago bettman said the cap was going to go up 3 million next year? Then yesterday all the sudden we hear the Cap could go down 4 million?

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He went to the net (we didn't call him Steven Standclose for nothing) and his one timer was leagues better than it is now. He had far more velocity on it back then and he would always put it right under the crossbar. Now you see him shoot it 2 inches off the ice 9/10 times.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He went to the net (we didn't call him Steven Standclose for nothing) and his one timer was leagues better than it is now. He had far more velocity on it back then and he would always put it right under the crossbar. Now you see him shoot it 2 inches off the ice 9/10 times.
He shot the puck harder then ever at the lastest all star game like 104 last time he shot it like 99 or 100. I think he is holding back not wanting to get injured due to his contract negotiations.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He shot the puck harder then ever at the lastest all star game like 104 last time he shot it like 99 or 100. I think he is holding back not wanting to get injured due to his contract negotiations.

He's holding back in games that will actually mean something in regards to his future contracts and earnings, but he goes all out at the all-star skills exhibition? Seems legit.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He's holding back in games that will actually mean something in regards to his future contracts and earnings, but he goes all out at the all-star skills exhibition? Seems legit.

He doesn't drive the net like he used to I think it's mental due to the broken leg.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
FIRST WANT FEEDBACK ON THIS LINE OF THINKING

SECOND MIGHT BE ONE OF MY LONG ONES BUT IM SERIOUS ABOUT HEARING YOUR VIEWS ON THIS OBSERVATION AND GETTING SOME FEEDBACK ON HOW SOME OF YOU THINK OR FEEL ABOUT THIS

ok so Steven Stamkos quiet likes his privacy likes tampa because he is left primarily alone to live his life on and off the rink (why probably is zero shot of ever going to toronto or even montreal cause of the circus he would have around him the die each game if you lose mentality of their fan bases)

now simply the problem i see with standclose is simple he has NEVER EMBRACED BEING THE GUY (is not in his nature he is a sniper like a brett hull he hides appears shoots you down from behind its his dna)

So stammagedon is not the guy and lets others be the guy not embracing im the guy like a sydney crosby or a ovechkin who embrace being the guy more liking being the guy accepted as the guy etc..

I think stamkos defers to others even in passing to much people i think this is simply his dna hes ok being second fiddle to the triplets!!

he was ok being second to vinny then marty etc..

until he embraces being the guy he will never achieve his full potential

im ok with that im ok with 10 million or less knowing his limitations

but but but

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT what the hell you hear rumors unconfirmed he only wants to play center i think this is total bull crap myself cause hes ok not being the guy i think he is ok wherever you play him i think cooper is stupid on how he uses him in certain ways:)

hopefully in time that gets addressed
also i firmly believe with the talent we have coming and what we have now he has some great years still in him

im not concerned that he is having a tougher season its still ok in nhl views imho and it tends to happen to most players with long careers 1000 games say

hes what 2 goals off 300 is amazing only 26 with a lot left in the tank in my belief

just hes ok with not being the guy so also does this make sense that he cares very little on the center stuff whatsoever
hes still doing center stuff faceoffs etc.. shoot we got him playing pk at times

just my two cents any thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad