Stalberg

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Pretty disappointing, Stalberg needs to get used to the team and there's only so much he can do during practices.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Trade him to a team that can spare a couple of grinders and a 6th. Soon we'll be rolling out four lines of grinders. It's all part of the plan.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Stalburg is probably wondering why he signed with the Preds at this point? Surely his agent must have know what a " defensive system" is run there.
I have watched Stalburg play with Chicago and even a few NCAA games. His speed is what made him stand out for me, but he also has decent hockey sense and a knack for being in the right spots. I am guessing he figured he would be able to crack the top six with your team, and as a recent poster mentioned, it looked like he would be playing with Wilson and Cullen to start the season. That has not been the case, as all 3 have played on seperate lines.
I was not in agreement of him being scratched last game, let alone 2 in a row. I get that you won last game but, if this team needs scoring.....you want him to play with confidence and that is not going to happen after this. :(

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Stalburg is probably wondering why he signed with the Preds at this point? Surely his agent must have know what a " defensive system" is run there.
I have watched Stalburg play with Chicago and even a few NCAA games. His speed is what made him stand out for me, but he also has decent hockey sense and a knack for being in the right spots. I am guessing he figured he would be able to crack the top six with your team, and as a recent poster mentioned, it looked like he would be playing with Wilson and Cullen to start the season. That has not been the case, as all 3 have played on seperate lines.
I was not in agreement of him being scratched last game, let alone 2 in a row. I get that you won last game but, if this team needs scoring.....you want him to play with confidence and that is not going to happen after this. :(

Posting from my phone so can't give a link but stalberg said he understands he has to improve and that he passed up offers to go to other teams where he could have had a larger role. But wanted to be here and still does. Was complementary toward trotz for communicating with him through this process. And took a dig at Quennville for not doing that. These comments are on the smashville 24/7 site.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Posting from my phone so can't give a link but stalberg said he understands he has to improve and that he passed up offers to go to other teams where he could have had a larger role. But wanted to be here and still does. Was complementary toward trotz for communicating with him through this process. And took a dig at Quennville for not doing that. These comments are on the smashville 24/7 site.

Yes, I read that article. I do believe he appreciates the fact that Trotz is more of a players coach ( unlike Quinville), but players do not often say what they really feel or are thinking because it could cause all sorts of repercussions.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
Yes, I read that article. I do believe he appreciates the fact that Trotz is more of a players coach ( unlike Quinville), but players do not often say what they really feel or are thinking because it could cause all sorts of repercussions.

nor would they flat out lie...

Not saying I agree with his scratching, but he has to be better, no way to cookie cut that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So what are your thoughts on Stalberg so far?

It appears he has himself in another coaches doghouse and looks like same guy who was brutal thru most of playoffs last year

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
So what are your thoughts on Stalberg so far?

It appears he has himself in another coaches doghouse and looks like same guy who was brutal thru most of playoffs last year

Can't say that the ones that listened, weren't warned ... edit: that does include me, I was warned and didn't listen (I'm going to go to the box and feel shame for two minutes)

Last edited:

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
He looked mildly better last game, but overall I've not been impressed. He makes some odd decisions with the puck, and gets a little lost in our zone. His shot is not great and doesnt seem to win many battles. While I like that he's not afraid to take a hit, he's been on the wrong end of a few game changing hits, one of which led directly to a goal. I'm hoping after he learns the system and builds some chemistry he'll turn it around.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I am not going to judge him yet, especially considering

1) New system for him to learn
2) Missed half of pre-season then first half month of regular season.
3) Until the last 2-3 games, wasn't playing on a line that would complement him, still not sure if he is on one. (Should probably be on the Cullen - Smith line or a line with Bourque.)
4) Some who have been some of the team's better scorers from last year aren't even doing anything. (Wilson, and Bourque)

So based on these things, I will hold judgement until mid to late December. I do still prefer him to Hendricks though.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
I am not going to judge him yet, especially considering

1) New system for him to learn
2) Missed half of pre-season then first half month of regular season.
3) Until the last 2-3 games, wasn't playing on a line that would complement him, still not sure if he is on one. (Should probably be on the Cullen - Smith line or a line with Bourque.)
4) Some who have been some of the team's better scorers from last year aren't even doing anything. (Wilson, and Bourque)

So based on these things, I will hold judgement until mid to late December. I do still prefer him to Hendricks though.

That's where I'm at too. I want to see him succeed here.
He needs to step it up, but also hate seeing him buried on the 4th line.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
hopefully he builds off of last night now. He and Wilson seem to compliment each other real well. who would have thunk top six forward nick spaling would ignite them (for one night anyway)

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Scored on a goal that half our forwards would have missed the net on. Got an assist on a really nice defensive play and pass. Hit the post on a snipe shot that got past the goalie clean. I would say he is going to do just fine. He has looked like a different player once he was put with a scoring line instead of grinders...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Minus one mistake, I thought he played a great game. In the first intermission interview, he seemed to imply he enjoyed playing with Wilson and has good chemistry with him. So, that's a positive.

Expect Trotz to shuffle that line tomorrow.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Scored on a goal that half our forwards would have missed the net on. Got an assist on a really nice defensive play and pass. Hit the post on a snipe shot that got past the goalie clean. I would say he is going to do just fine. He has looked like a different player once he was put with a scoring line instead of grinders...

Stalberg has actually been playing better these past two games. He's not that dependent on his line mates. Agreed that he was our best forward last night.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Because there's not much that Spaling does that Fisher doesn't do better.

Pretty much. Spaling is a useful Trotz tool in that he can mix-n-match him anywhere. He just doesn't have enough to ability to keep up with those guys though if they keep rolling.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Spaling is dependable, reliable and pretty much sticks to the system. That might be enough to play between Wilson and Stalberg for the time being.
He's steady.
Maybe that is what is needed there right now.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
if Trotz is gonna' insist on rolling 4 lines we could just put Fish with FF and Goose and make them 4 pretty equal until the Spals magic runs out.... wait, I take that back, don't want Trotz to read that.....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00