Stalberg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I love how the ONE guy we signed who shows hope of a solid future for us offensively, who is arguably the fastest skater in the league, is now getting scratched because we threw him down on the 4th line and he isn't scoring.

PREDS HOCKEY!

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Stalberg was getting less TOI then when he was in Chicago. He got more last night but even then he was playing with Nystrom and Spaling. Fisher was skating today so hopefully he'll be back tomorrow or Saturday and put him with Stalberg and Forsberg and maybe Stalberg can actually produce something.

I believe that a Stalberg-Fisher-Forsberg line given a ten game chance/window would be a very good line. So that means it will not happen.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I know Berg hasn't proved his worth yet through 6 games in the lineup but the only way he's going to have the chance to prove the money we gave him is to put him on one of the top 2 lines with guys that can actually get him the puck in scoring situations.

I get it, Trotz wanted to light a fire under him by putting him on the 4th line but he's simply not going to produce in that roll. It's hard for many players to produce like we expect Stalberg to with 12 minutes of ice time on a line with Goose and Hendricks. They're simply not playmakers. A line of Forsberg-Legwand-Stalberg would be nice. Or Smith-Cullen-Stalberg. Bourque just hasn't really shown up either. He will produce if he's on a line with guys that can help him.

and after reading that article, I like Stalberg's attitude and I see him turning it around.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Stalberg is having trouble adjusting to the system which isn't surprising with missing most of preseason and Chicago and Nashville being total opposites of each other. It is a long season. Give it some time. A winger that is currently in the top 6 is bound to get injured or start to suck and Stalberg will get his chance. Trotz isn't going to mess with what is working until we get on a losing streak.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Everything is going in the right direction I think. Stalberg doesn't look bad, he's made some good plays but he just looks out of place right now. The quote from Trotz about SK was a good thing to compare to Stalberg's situation. He'll be fine.

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I think in due time Stalberg will be fine, he's too good to be stuck in a checking role though.

He's not gonna be a finisher by any means but he can create some scoring chances which the Preds need.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Stalberg needs to be on a top line for us. I hate it when Trotz tries to fit a square peg through a round hole. I know it worked with SK after a while, hopefully it works with Stalberg too if Trotz is bound and determined with this.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Based on word from Andrew Hirsh at Sunbelt Hockey this morning on Twitter, it appears Clune and Stalberg will be the scratches tonight after watching the morning skate.

Not surprised to see the lineup stay the same after a victory, but would love to see Stalberg brought back into the lineup on the upcoming road trip playing on a line with Cullen and Smith.

Stalberg and Cullen showed great chemistry playing together with Wilson though the first week of training camp, but haven't been reunited since. Cullen has essentially saved Smith's career and the two of them are jumping. Stalberg needs players that can play at his speed to have success and Bourque has been very inconsistent thus far...

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Based on word from Andrew Hirsh at Sunbelt Hockey this morning on Twitter, it appears Clune and Stalberg will be the scratches tonight after watching the morning skate.

Not surprised to see the lineup stay the same after a victory, but would love to see Stalberg brought back into the lineup on the upcoming road trip playing on a line with Cullen and Smith.

Stalberg and Cullen showed great chemistry playing together with Wilson though the first week of training camp, but haven't been reunited since. Cullen has essentially saved Smith's career and the two of them are jumping. Stalberg needs players that can play at his speed to have success and Bourque has been very inconsistent thus far...

Scratching him again? Un-effing-believable. :shakehead

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Not sure what point Trotz is trying to prove. Didn't the guy look good with the top lines before getting hurt in the preseason. Pure genius paying a guy a ton of money and then put him with a bunch of grinders and wonder why he doesn't play well. FBT!

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Not sure what point Trotz is trying to prove. Didn't the guy look good with the top lines before getting hurt in the preseason. Pure genius paying a guy a ton of money and then put him with a bunch of grinders and wonder why he doesn't play well. FBT!

but the 4 duplicates of grinders are essential to our success. i dont agree either. i think its stupid.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012

JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper 1m

The exact quote from Trotz on scratching Stalberg for the second straight game was: "There’s no reason to take anybody out." #preds #nhl

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I think Bourque's grit and forecheck though are needed to complete that line.

From what we've seen of Stalberg skating with Gaustad and Hendricks I think there is enough of that in his game to replace Bourque's contributions and add offensively. Only one way to find out though...

Great quotes from Stalberg yesterday over at Smashville 24/7, but in order for him to remain satisfied with the dialogue between himself and Trotz, he's gotta be given a way to get back into the lineup and prove he can take his game up a notch...

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
This worked well for us against the Coyotes in the playoffs.

I don't get Trotz at all. I can understand benching Stalberg for 1 game but what is the point of getting him if you stick him the press box. I get that he'd probably play on the 4th line again and Spaling plays that role better but you've got to give the guy a chance. It just sends an even bigger message to UFA's not to come here.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Can we please just get rid of Trotz now? This is completely bogus.

St. Louis is not Winnipeg and we need all the offensive help we can get. We cannot rely on Hutton to bail us out like Pekka did. I predict that the Blues will scoop up his rebounds all night and make us pay again and again.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
we need all the offensive help we can get against the blues. im calling a 2-0 shutout loss.

that team toughness though!!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Scratching Stalberg again???

Come on Trotz. Maybe he isn't producing great numbers but we can't have him frustrated sitting in the press box all the time. Absolutely ludicrous.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Stalberg being in the Trotz doghouse is just hilarious. I know he hasn't been great but my gosh put him on a different line so he at least has a chance of doing something.

Cooper's statement makes a lot of sense. "The preds are paying him a lot of money to just sit as watch games"

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Can we please just get rid of Trotz now? This is completely bogus.

St. Louis is not Winnipeg and we need all the offensive help we can get. We cannot rely on Hutton to bail us out like Pekka did. I predict that the Blues will scoop up his rebounds all night and make us pay again and again.

If that happens and we lose then Stalberg will get back in the lineup. Trotz has this if it ain't broke don't fix it attitude that is both good and bad. You don't strive for the best if you just settle for what works. I make good money at my current job and I like it but I'll never be higher then what I am today. I could be happy at that but I could be happier if I take the risk and get a job that short term maybe hard but long term will be much better. That is the preds. Keep doing what they do because they can win but will never be cup contenders. You go out and get Stalberg to score some goals but you scratch him because you are doing fine with what you've got. You could be a much better team with him in the lineup and yes you may lose a few games in the beginning adjusting but long term you are a better team. If you give Stalberg the chance in the top 6 and he is bad then scratch him but give him the chance to fail at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00