Stalberg

Shea Weber

May 13, 2011
Nashville
i just clicked on the link and it worked perfectly for me.

it has videos and still frames and a write-up.

Was joking saying I couldn't stop looking at that score. BUT I am at work so videos are hit and miss. Cool link, will check out later. I'm pumped for VS.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Was joking saying I couldn't stop looking at that score. BUT I am at work so videos are hit and miss. Cool link, will check out later. I'm pumped for VS.

well.....i'm an idiot haha.

but yeah when I saw that I was like umm what? don't remember that haha. but yea, i'm really excited for Stally. I just want the rest of the fan base to see it as well. He stands out in these vids.

Badger36

Jan 4, 2010
Columbus, OH
Preds quick to praise Stalberg

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130913/SPORTS02/309130111/Preds-quick-praise-Stalberg
After one day of training camp, the Predators have a verdict on Viktor Stalberg.

“He fits in great,†coach Barry Trotz said Thursday.

Seldom does a coach give such praise so quickly, but Trotz continued to pour on the love.

“Viktor has fit in good with the guys. I know he is looking forward to playing a much more prominent role with us,†Trotz said. “We love his speed, we love his personality and really good energy.â€

The Predators signed the 27-year-old former Blackhawks forward to a four-year, $12 million contract in the offseason in hopes of jump-starting their stagnant offense. The 6-foot-3, 209-pounder has never scored more than 22 goals in a season, but he has large offensive upside with high-end speed and a sneaky wrist shot.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
The optimistic part of me has thought that he could really be in the right place here. Amidst all the massive overpayment for different players on free agency day, people are quick to forget that we could've gotten a steal with him at $3m/year. Let's hope...

i'm right there with you. I think it was a steal, but on the other hand, did he come here because he thought he could be a star and our guys recruited him really well, or did he come here because we went out on july 5 making a statement of "if you want alot of money come here, no matter your talent!"

I hope Stalberg really defines his career here.

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
I'm curious to hear the consensus on Stalberg here. Do many of you think he could be a good fit on the second line? Personally, I'd much rather see him get the ice time than Smith, but I've heard bad things about Stalberg's consistency and work ethic.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I'm curious to hear the consensus on Stalberg here. Do many of you think he could be a good fit on the second line? Personally, I'd much rather see him get the ice time than Smith, but I've heard bad things about Stalberg's consistency and work ethic.

I don't know if you haven't heard or read anything lately but Stalberg seems to be one of our go to guys. We're gonna roll 3 lines but Stalberg will most likely be on the 1st line with Cullen and Wilson. Trotz has already given much praise to Stalberg and i don't think work ethic has ever really been questioned...he's just always been buried behind the likes of sharp, toews, kane, etc.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

I believe the expectation is that he will be in the top 6 and that the main reason he came here was because he was buried behind Chicago's big names...

I think he will get prime ice time since he was our major UFA acquisition this summer, and I have no doubt he gets more ice time than Smith, at least to begin with..

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
I don't know if you haven't heard or read anything lately but Stalberg seems to be one of our go to guys. We're gonna roll 3 lines but Stalberg will most likely be on the 1st line with Cullen and Wilson. Trotz has already given much praise to Stalberg and i don't think work ethic has ever really been questioned...he's just always been buried behind the likes of sharp, toews, kane, etc.

This is just what I had heard from my friends in Chicago. I haven't been following too much in terms of the Predators so far and am just starting to get back into things. I like the sound of that line actually, I'm excited to see how things turn out.

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
What would be a realistic offensive production for Stalberg?

I've done a lot of research on Stalberg today and this is what I came up with:

His previous career high is 43 points in the 2011-2012 season. He averaged 13:35 per game in ice time that season and was not given too much powerplay time. Last season, Stalberg was on pace for 40 points over an 82 game season play about 11:52 per game He played primarily 3rd line minutes with increased powerplay time, although he only registered 2 points all season on the man advantage.

Given his career highs are only 22 goals and 43 points, I project similar output for this coming season. I'd be happy with him scoring somewhere between 40-45 points, with hopefully 20 goals. Given the increase in ice time both even strength and on the powerplay, I would not be surprised if he hit 50 points at some point during his 4 year deal. Anything more than that though seems unrealistic at this point.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I've done a lot of research on Stalberg today and this is what I came up with:

His previous career high is 43 points in the 2011-2012 season. He averaged 13:35 per game in ice time that season and was not given too much powerplay time. Last season, Stalberg was on pace for 40 points over an 82 game season play about 11:52 per game He played primarily 3rd line minutes with increased powerplay time, although he only registered 2 points all season on the man advantage.

Given his career highs are only 22 goals and 43 points, I project similar output for this coming season. I'd be happy with him scoring somewhere between 40-45 points, with hopefully 20 goals. Given the increase in ice time both even strength and on the powerplay, I would not be surprised if he hit 50 points at some point during his 4 year deal. Anything more than that though seems unrealistic at this point.

He'll get more ice time per game this season than in 2011-12. I'd guess 22-25 goals is a good target range with a few more assists given an additional three to four minutes of ice time per game.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I think 18-19 minutes per game seems realistic in my opinion.

I have only said he would put up better numbers strictly because he's going to be out of the shadows and free to show off his actual talents.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN

Check out this link and look who is ranked 37th. http://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=2012&year_max=2013&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&birth_country=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=S&handed=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=goals_ev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad