St. Louis Blues media - NHL softest?

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
I don't know what you think you'd get if we had someone who flamed the GM for his decisions or tried to ask players provocative questions. They'll still give the same carbon copy responses and dodge anything they don't want to discuss. Hitchcock might have been the only one who would respond to crap like that with an actual personal response and they'd just butcher it into a sound byte they can repackage into a hack story. Sports media in general is terrible, all they can do is repeat what's happened and try and spin it into something slightly more interesting to the reader. If nothing happened you get nothing of substance and a bunch of filler. If you want someone who goes way too far with speculation and blows up unconfirmed rumors you can still read Strickland.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This is a prime example of JR being a grab ass with the front office and the organization in general.

Seriously. You expect to get any real info on the Blues from this clown? I can't stand JR. Might be one of the worst beat guys in North America.

The posters questions are answered below. Guy really sucks. It's comical.

a) DA did the best he could given the circumstances?

When you look at the big picture, few would say that they improves, but when you look at each decision on its own merit, I think Armstrong did what he wanted to do in each situation, sticking to his guns regarding the future of the organization. The Blues may not be better next year as a result, but I think the thorough, more accurate evaluation will take time.

b) DA was taken advantage of by Calgary but otherwise did fine?

Did Calgary take advantage of him? Who could the Bleus have gotten for Elliott?

c) DA should be concerned for his job if this season falters?

No, he has the support of ownership, regardless of the outcome of the 2016-17 season.

d) None of the above

None of the above

On bolded: I just can't understand how JR can defend Army's choices. Last sentence is quite scary, worrisome.

Blues are repeatedly couple steps behind from top teams and I think that is biggest reason why Blues aren't Stanley Cup winners. So many good valuable assets blowed away for nothing. Army hasn't evalute anything, he just have to let go big guns while knowing this team doesn't have that needed player(s) for the deep run.

Misguided team realistic potential to win Stanley Cup and now we're in the cliff to dropp of heavily, so it will take even more time to get there and win SC.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Armstrong could lead this team to a last place finish and JR would be giving him high marks and ******** rainbows.

Guy is the very definition of a brown-nose.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Funny JR can't answer to my this question in his chat.

You told earlier today in Fast Lane that Blues can't afford to lose Shattenkirk for nothing and let him walk next summer like Backes and Brouwer did for good reason. Doesn't this hole trading Shattenkirk case be huge failure by Doug Armstrong if Kevin walks or if he gets traded significantly low value at TDL? Pointing what Shattenkirk value has been in two years and this summer was the time when to move him and take best offer on the table. Isn't that odd move by Armstrong to move Shattenkirk on TDL if Blues are in playoffspot or just under the wild card? Also pointing to return will be most likely prospect + pick(s)? Apple to Apple trade might work out and I assume its Army's interest, but teams where Shattenkirk wants to go are contenders and cap wise they are tight so it wouln't work out. So sum up Shattenkirk will walk after next summer for nothing.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
To be honest if you cut that down to 1/4 of the length and put it in better English he would be more likely to answer, just try to keep questions on those sorts of things to one main point

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Blues media seem very uneducated and rarely push for answers on big questions.

Cards media is soft gloved too but they know their stuff and will push at times.

I will say that the most recent article re Shatty at STLTODAY did somewhat create the vibe that DA is trying to put lipstick on the pig that is his fumbling of the Shatty situation...kudos for that piece of journalism.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Anyone else listen to Gametime on AM590/podcast? They are on 5 in the morning in STL, but I have been podcasting occasionally down the stretch and they are alright.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
The Cardinals get the same treatment and it doesn't seem to hurt them, I'm pretty sure solid personnel decisions and execution wins The Cup.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Anyone else listen to Gametime on AM590/podcast? They are on 5 in the morning in STL, but I have been podcasting occasionally down the stretch and they are alright.

Some of the guest that they have brought on in the past that contributes to the paper really gets under my skin. But overall I like Jeff Jones and his regulars. I don't wake up early enough to listen but listen later like you.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If this happends its like one era end. Kelly and Panger are great duo and I love them both how they broadcast Blues games.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I heard about that. Would be depressing. I do hope we are able to find someone other than the one girl for fill-ins though. She was not very good.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Honestly would be a massive loss. The guy loves the game and you really can't knock his passion for it. Team like Vegas would suit him well but I hope the Blues make the right move and re-sign him.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Have had the pleasure to speak to Darren more than a few times and he is a real nice guy. Easy going and just a pleasure to speak to. He seems to really embrace the Blues and has a lot of passion for his job.
Hopefully, this whole thing is just contract bantering from FSM, but since it's now out in the public from the media that's not a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad