St. Louis and San Jose Watch (1st round picks)

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Botterill hasn't "walked all over" any other GM in a trade unless you count a trade where the player said he'd only come here. Guess we got two groups in these parts. "complainers" aka Realists who can see the **** job Botterill has done to date and the group that blindly defends Botterill's every move aka sheep. I'd rather be labeled "a complainer" personally. God forbid fans come on a Sabres message board and vent about the subpar job being done by our GM. Is this a franchise devastating deal? No probably not, we got a pretty good player in Montour, but it's one more cut on the way to our death by a thousand cuts.
You can always tell the people who are the most realistic and not blind/sheep because they feel the need to divide people into groups and label those who disagree with them as such.

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
The only sheep on this forum are the ones constantly trying to take over every single thread with the 'Botts suxxxx' narrative.

It’s overwhelmingly annoying. The more annoying thing is that should the stars align and the sabres get a sub-20 pick from the blues; they’ll just move on to the next thing to complain about...

I spend less time on this forum now because of it

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Blues win Game 1.

Even when we're not playing, it's already been a tough off-season.
- Bump down to 7th in the draft (only a 1/3 chance of that happening)
- Amerks get swept
- Our other pick probably going to be 28th overall
- Mitts not getting invited to the Worlds

Reactions: DJN21

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
i'd just be happy to be in the teens rather than the high 20s. So i'm really just rooting for Dallas.

I still remember Tim Murray packaging all 3 of our 2nd round picks one year just to move up around 10 spots in the late first round and no team would take it.

NHL picks are different than NFL. The value decreases far more exponentially as you move higher and higher up the board.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Come on Dallas, one more. When Binnington is not playing out of this world STL are totally beatable team and Dallas are showing it. Bishop is on fire too right now, so I'm optimistic. 7OA and late teens pick is quite good draft outlook for me.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
On paper, St Louis seems to have the better lineup to me. Steen, Bozak, and Bmeester have seen better days but they have a lot of youth on that team too.

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
LOL. I cheered every face off loss. O'Reilly blew a ton of key ones last night. I still feel pathetic about trade.

O'Reilly has been downright bad against Dallas. In 5 games he has 0 goals and 4 assists (-2). St Louis fans are speculating that he is injured. He is averaging 22 minutes a game, but doesn't stack up against better competition.

ROR has had a very good, steady year. He deserves the praise he receives, but he shouldn't be immune from criticism.

Why the Blues need more from Ryan O’Reilly

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Are you honestly surprised?

He was uninspiring all season and lost the magic hype about him, at least for me.
Mitts cares more about partying than doing the work necessary to elevate his game. There is a better chance of him busting than being a top 6 forward at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad