SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
Haha even slipped past the editors. That should read two.

Just edited it thanks for that!

"you can see opponents struggle with the that Pytlik brings to the ice."

Apparently more than one thing has slipped past your editor.

"Sault Ste. Marie native Cole MacKay and Zack Trott" - Pluralize.

Who is your editor?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Zack trott isnt a ssm native. It is not the best wording, but it definitively shouldnt be pluralized.

Reactions: staubitz

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Great start to the season, quite frankly no surprise the Greyhounds are an exceptional organization that drafts and develops NHL caliber players better then most Junior Hockey teams in Canada!

Reactions: saska sault

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Really looking forward to Sunday's clashes. Three top teams from the East playing 3 top teams from the West. Along with tonight's OTT @ LDN game, these games might really shape the narrative on where the balance of power currently resides in the league.
OTT @ KIT
PBO @ SOO
SAG @ OSH

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Really looking forward to Sunday's clashes. Three top teams from the East playing 3 top teams from the West. Along with tonight's OTT @ LDN game, these games might really shape the narrative on where the balance of power currently resides in the league.
OTT @ KIT
PBO @ SOO
SAG @ OSH
It’s still very early but I think in the East the contenders are better identified at this point? In the West still a decent amount of question marks? IMO anyway....

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It’s still very early but I think in the East the contenders are better identified at this point? In the West still a decent amount of question marks? IMO anyway....
In sports there will always be question marks. But let's look at the CHL's Top 10 Rankings for West teams:
Week 1 - London (1) & Saginaw (7)
Week 2 - Saginaw (8) & London (9) & Kitchener (HM)
Week 3 - Soo (6) & London (8)

4 teams. Same 4 teams whose games I flagged. Is it definitive? No. But I am still looking forward to Sunday's games, and I do believe it may sway the discussion a significant amount one way or the other. Top teams from different conferences often only meet twice a year. To have 4 significant games in one weekend is something to sit up and take notice of. And to have it happen this early in the season while there is still much up in the air adds even more to the intrigue of what's in store.

All just my opinion, of course.

Reactions: Buttsy

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Big news for SSM, literally. Looks like a new score clock may arrive relatively soon! That would definitely help the game day environment and make the game much more enjoyable for all the fans.
Hounds offer to pay for new Gardens scoreboard - SooToday.com
That is the best news I heard in awhile I can’t stand that score clock I sit in the north end and it was hard to watch the game when the clock doesn’t work you don’t know how much time left in penalties,period and the goalie at that end doesn’t know the time either.
I know one way they can make some money to go for the new score board how about set it in the Gardens parking lot and people pay $5.00 to get one swing with a sledge hammer I know I and several others would be in that lineup lol

Reactions: BehindSooNet

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Ethan Taylor is a good goalie and deserves more playing time (not knocking on Propp cause the team didn’t help him out early). Taylor reminds me a lot of Villalta because he’s got all the makings of a great goalie but slides a little too much.
It’s unfortunate that Sudbury outworked and outplayed the hounds for the first 10 minutes but kudos to the team for digging deep and giving it their all!

Reactions: Bear54

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I will be interested to see the mettle in this team today. It's not about winning or losing, but it's about the compete level. Wasn't there during the first period last night. See if they can raise their game today and come out flying like we all know they are capable of. Peterborough should be an easy team to take seriously.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I thought the effort was better. Both games 4-3 but very different games. Peterborough were good and capitalized on enough of their opportunities. Greyhounds played hard but didnt generate quite enough.

Greyhounds failed to pick up the open Pete in the high slot multiple times and it proved costly. Need to review defensive responsibilities in that situation. Once thats cleaned up I think an effort like tonight would beat the Petes more times than not.

Reactions: three dog night

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Why can’t we draft 6’ 7 kids. I think we lost every puck battle. This team lacks grit and because of that will not go far. Both games on the weekend we got pushed around. We have lots of speed, but when you get checked continually in your end, the speed doesn’t help. I miss the old days when teams were afraid to play in our barn. Players on visiting teams always seemed to get the flue before playing here.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I'm going to host a fan meet and greet I think. Would really be cool if some of you guys showed up and put a name too face. Maybe pre game or during an intermission.

I'm going to be doing " where are they now " segments as well soon. Getting in contact with some alumni now. If you have any requests let me know I'll try my best.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
"you can see opponents struggle with the that Pytlik brings to the ice."

Apparently more than one thing has slipped past your editor.

"Sault Ste. Marie native Cole MacKay and Zack Trott" - Pluralize.

Who is your editor?

I don't think the name of the editor matters. Mistakes happened. We are in a rush to get it out they probably trusted me and didn't even edit it. So that's on me, my mistakes.

Trott isn't a Soo native. That is a list of the goal scorers. Mackay is a sault native and Trott was the other goal scorer. You only posted a piece of the entire sentence so, yeah....

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Not far behind Jaromir are Sault Ste. Marie native Cole MacKay and Zack Trott who are both tied at six points (three goals, three assists each).
Trott isn't a Soo native. That is a list of the goal scorers. Mackay is a sault native and Trott was the other goal scorer. You only posted a piece of the entire sentence so, yeah....
Better would have been to switch around the players as follows:
Not far behind Jaromir are Zack Trott and Sault Ste. Marie native Cole MacKay who are both tied at six points (three goals, three assists each).
Or you might have separated the players with an Oxford Comma for additional clarity. As is, it isn't wrong so much as it's unclear. Minor nitpick.

Reactions: HF92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad