SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
eric comrie was picked up on waivers by arizona today, another forward in the mix for arizona. what will they do with Hayton is the question ? wrong comrie, was thinking it was a forward indeed
it was the goalie comrie picked up on waivers, would not affect what happens with Hayton.

Last edited:

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
eric comrie was picked up on waivers by arizona today, another forward in the mix for arizona. what will they do with Hayton is the question ?
I still think none knows what will happen with Hayton until they see him play 9 games.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
Good offense is to be expected when you have guys like Alex Johnston on the 4th line. Our depth up front is ridiculous and it shows against teams that aren't quite as deep. Even Saginaw pared down to 2 lines for the entire 3rd period last night because their bottom 6 was getting torched.

Jay McKee after the Rangers game said that his team had no answer for our depth. We rolled 4 lines and his team was worn out.
LOL

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Averaging 6 goals a game and 15 players with multiple points means you have no depth apparently. Jay McKee can't hold a candle to the hockey knowledge of this guy ^^. Very impressive.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Good offense is to be expected when you have guys like Alex Johnston on the 4th line. Our depth up front is ridiculous and it shows against teams that aren't quite as deep. Even Saginaw pared down to 2 lines for the entire 3rd period last night because their bottom 6 was getting torched.

Jay McKee after the Rangers game said that his team had no answer for our depth. We rolled 4 lines and his team was worn out.

Wow, Billyjack, you came over here and dug up a post from the previous page, just to say this? Over here, we welcome comments from fans of other teams when they are made in good faith. I feel like yours missed the mark.

I have no idea what your coach did or didn't say in regards to our depth, but I do happen to agree with the substance of Fischhaber's post. Our forward depth is very impressive this season. Of our 14 forwards we could move 13 of them up or down the lineup as needed without missing a beat (Boudreau would be the only one who I would keep no higher than the fourth line).

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Wow, Billyjack, you came over here and dug up a post from the previous page, just to say this? Over here, we welcome comments from fans of other teams when they are made in good faith. I feel like yours missed the mark.

I have no idea what your coach did or didn't say in regards to our depth, but I do happen to agree with the substance of Fischhaber's post. Our forward depth is very impressive this season. Of our 14 forwards we could move 13 of them up or down the lineup as needed without missing a beat (Boudreau would be the only one who I would keep no higher than the fourth line).

It was in Brad's Sootoday article, not exactly a big secret. McKee is always a good interview, very candid and matter of fact.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
eric comrie was picked up on waivers by arizona today, another forward in the mix for arizona. what will they do with Hayton is the question ?

He is a goalie.
Hayton even if he struggles will likely get a very long look. I'd imagine 9 games played, alternating in and out of the press box so he can still practice and not count towards the 9 game limit. Thats all IF, he doesn't hit the ground running. Early season hockey is hard to predict, will be fun to see what transpires.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
NHL opening night rosters for 2019-20 season Congrats to Timmins, Sandin and Hayton. Three greyhounds starting the NHL this year is amazing.

Nick Ritchie, Colin Miller, Robin Lehner, Trevor Daley, Darnell Nurse, Nick Cousins, Anthony DeAngelo, Jared McCann, Matt Murray, Jordan Nolan, Jeff Carter, Joe Thornton, Wayne Simmonds, Jake Muzzin, and many others join them as Greyhounds alum.

I missed some names and that list is missing at least a dozen teams, but that's a good chunk of them.

Reactions: PuckLife

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nick Ritchie, Colin Miller, Robin Lehner, Trevor Daley, Darnell Nurse, Nick Cousins, Anthony DeAngelo, Jared McCann, Matt Murray, Jordan Nolan, Jeff Carter, Joe Thornton, Wayne Simmonds, Jake Muzzin, and many others join them as Greyhounds alum.

I missed some names and that list is missing at least a dozen teams, but that's a good chunk of them.
Great job. Here is the related article that was just released
162 OHL Alumni on NHL Opening Night Rosters – Ontario Hockey League
Breakdown by team:
London 26
Soo 17
Kitchener 13
Barrie 13
Erie 12
Guelph 10
Windsor 9
Niagara 9
Sarnia 8
Owen Sound 8
Oshawa 8
Sudbury 7
Kingston 6
Ottawa 6
Saginaw 5
Mississauga 3
Peterborough 3
North Bay 2
Hamilton 1
Flint 0

Plymouth 9
Belleville 3
Brampton 2
St. Michaels 1

Note: these totals include players on injured reserve and add to 181. The article doesn't count the injured reserve players and adds to 162.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Great job. Here is the related article that was just released
162 OHL Alumni on NHL Opening Night Rosters – Ontario Hockey League
Breakdown by team:
London 26
Soo 17
Kitchener 13
Barrie 13
Erie 12
Guelph 10
Windsor 9
Niagara 9
Sarnia 8
Owen Sound 8
Oshawa 8
Sudbury 7
Kingston 6
Ottawa 6
Saginaw 5
Mississauga 3
Peterborough 3
North Bay 2
Hamilton 1
Flint 0

Plymouth 9
Belleville 3
Brampton 2
St. Michaels 1

Note: these totals include players on injured reserve and add to 181. The article doesn't count the injured reserve players and adds to 162.
Like to see how many were actually drafted by the team as likely many repeats on this list due to deadline trades etc of players that spent careers in their drafted teams

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Wish the Peterboroughs were hittin the soo on day 1 of the North tour would be a dynamite game not sure what team you’ll get by Sunday after 2 games and travel..this game deserves better soo looks very good again! Best of luck!

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Like to see how many were actually drafted by the team as likely many repeats on this list due to deadline trades etc of players that spent careers in their drafted teams

All but 3 of our players were lifetime Greyhounds I believe (Ritchie, DeAngelo, Simmonds). I'm not sure how that compares to other teams, but would leave us no worse than 2nd either way.

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
All but 3 of our players were lifetime Greyhounds I believe (Ritchie, DeAngelo, Simmonds). I'm not sure how that compares to other teams, but would leave us no worse than 2nd either way.

Also Jack Campbell as the 4th player to finish his OHL career as a Greyhound after beginning somewhere else. But your point still stands.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Regarding: 162 OHL Alumni on NHL Opening Night Rosters – Ontario Hockey League

The Greyhounds have produced/helped 17 of the 162* OHL players. That’s good for ~10.5% of the OHL players.
(* Not including players on IR)

With approximately 713 players in the starting lineups across the NHL, the Sault’s 17 count for about ~2.4% of them.

Considering the 20 team league (OHL) and the hundreds of programs sending players to the NHL, those are some pretty good numbers. Not bad for a small city in northern Ontario!

2019-2020 NHL Soo Greyhounds Team:

Ritchie - Carter - Simmonds
McCann - Cousins - Hayton
? - Thornton - ?
? - ? - ?

Muzzin - Miller
Nurse - DeAngelo
Sandin - Timmins
Daley

Murray
Campbell
Lehner

* Forward group looking to get a boost in a year or two from some AHL players....hopefully..

Last edited:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Regarding: 162 OHL Alumni on NHL Opening Night Rosters – Ontario Hockey League

The Greyhounds have produced/helped 17 of the 162* OHL players. That’s good for ~10.5% of the OHL players.
(* Not including players on IR)

With approximately 713 players in the starting lineups across the NHL, the Sault’s 17 count for about ~2.4% of them.

Considering the 20 team league (OHL) and the hundreds of programs sending players to the NHL, those are some pretty good numbers. Not bad for a small city in northern Ontario!

2019-2020 NHL Soo Greyhounds Team:

Ritchie - Carter - Simmonds
McCann - Cousins - Hayton
? - Thornton - ?
? - ? - ?
Muzzin - Miller
Nurse - DeAngelo
Sandin - Timmins
Daley

Murray
Campbell
Lehner

* Forward group looking to get a boost in a year or two from some AHL players....hopefully..

That defense and goaltending is a playoff calibre team and still relatively young. Impressive.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
My debut article with the Puck Authority has been published. Would absolutely mean alot to me if you took the time to read it. It's not my best work but wanted to get content out right away. Will have a season preview soon.

Sitting At 4-0, The Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds Are Barking For More

Looks like a good start, always nice to see any type of coverage/reports or anything on junior hockey, especially regarding the Hounds. Keep it up, and hopefully the content continues to grow.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Here are the players that played for teams other than those who drafted them.
Michael Hutchinson BAR->LDN
Brendan Perlini BAR->NIA
Ryan Strome BAR->NIA
Brendan Lemieux BAR->WSR
David Clarkson BEL->KIT
Michael McCarron BEL->LDN->OSH
Philipp Grubauer BEL->WSR->KGN
Mike Amadio BRA->NB
Barclay Goodrow BRA->NB
Jason Spezza BRA->MID->WSR->BEL
Greg McKegg ERI->LDN
Mason Marchment ERI->HAM->MIS
Connor Carrick GUE->PLY
Ben Chiarot GUE->SBY->SAG
Warren Foegele KGN->ERI
Max Domi KGN->LDN
Mike Smith KGN->SBY
Nazem Kadri KIT->LDN
Radek Faksa KIT->SBY
Andreas Athanasiou LDN->BAR
Robert Thomas LDN->HAM
Max Jones LDN->KGN
Alex Pietrangelo MID->BAR
Andrew Shaw NIA->OS
Kurtis MacDermid OS->ERI
Nick Suzuki OS->GUE
Victor Mete OS->LDN
Gemel Smith OS->LDN
Wayne Simmonds OS->SSM
Josh Bailey OS->WSR
Anthony Cirelli OSH->ERI
Michael Dal Colle OSH->KGN
Michael Del Zotto OSH->LDN
Mitchell Vande Sompel OSH->LDN
John Tavares OSH->LDN
Cody Ceci OTT->OS
Travis Konecny OTT->SAR
Nick Ritchie PBO->SSM
Slater Koekkoek PBO->WSR
Zack Kassian PBO->WSR
Gabriel Landeskog PLY->KIT
TJ Brodie SAG->BAR
Mark Scheifele SAG->BAR
Jamie Oleksiak SAG->NIA
Vincent Trocheck SAG->PLY
Brett Ritchie SAR->NIA
Tony DeAngelo SAR->SSM
Dalton Prout SAR->BAR->SAG
Dominik Kubalik SBY->KIT
Josh Leivo SBY->KIT
Ryan Mantha SSM->NIA
Dylan DeMelo TOR->MIS
Cal Clutterbuck TOR->OSH
Gabriel Vilardi WSR->KGN
Robert Bortuzzo WSR->KIT
Tom Kuhnhackl WSR->NIA
Jack Campbell WSR->SSM
Richard Panik WSR->BEL->GUE
Austin Watson WSR->PBO->LDN

Reactions: louis

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
No Hayton tonight for the coyotes was hoping he got in the lineup to see how he would do .
Sandin looked pretty dam good last night for Toronto at 19 years old.
Maple leaf fans are gonna love that kid mark my words, just goes to show you that Dubas knows how to pick players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad