SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Better would have been to switch around the players as follows:

Or you might have separated the players with an Oxford Comma for additional clarity. As is, it isn't wrong so much as it's unclear. Minor nitpick.
It would have read "natives" ,plural, if both were intended.

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019
Yes I agree with you

No doubt I like his play, but I'm concerned he will feel differently about dangling once he gets hit. So far he has not felt the sting of a solid OHL check. I hope I'm wrong. I've only been able to watch two of the games thus far, against NB and Petes, but although we definitely need their point production, it seems like beyond endless turnovers the issue with the Petes games was the defense needs to focus on defense first and the forwards need to be far better at playing defense. Does anyone know why so much of the pairings changed from the first few games verses the last two games? Dean seemed to do this last season with a similar outcome.

Reactions: SuperMod

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I am not worried the sky is falling. If you watch the goals from Sunday, the first two seemed like missed assignments. Actually on the second goal all 5 greyhounds were below the dots. This is easy to fix. Likewise, the last two goals were from turnovers that resulted in odd man rushes. I know this team can take better care of the puck. Not worried. Just stuff to work on.

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019
Peter Florio tweeting Roth has been traded. Assuming he requested trade. It seems like a foolish move by the Greyhounds. Hopefully, we receive an OA defenseman in the trade. If we give up that many points we will definitely need someone to help prevent points against us.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Why is it foolish? We had a glut of forwards that could all play up or down the lineup with skill. Something was bound to give.

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019
Why is it foolish? We had a glut of forwards that could all play up or down the lineup with skill. Something was bound to give.

I agree something was bound to give. Just seems foolish to give away a proven scorer. Best of luck to him.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
13 forwards with the team now. It seems like now it's only a matter of time before the Greyhounds add another forward. As long as the forwards stay healthy, they can afford to wait. When they do add though, it will be interesting to see which direction the team goes:
- Overager
- Prospect (D'Intino / Savard / Tomasini)
- Hayton if he's sent back

I would personally be happy with either of the last two options.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Decent return for Roth, we got some good draft picks coming back that can be used later on either as picks or trade.
I did like Roth though, he worked hard every shift.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Roth was not happy with his ice time down the stretch and in the playoffs last season. I believe there is a good chance that he requested a trade and that may help to explain the mediocre return. I'm looking forward to seeing more Mufarreh and Watson on the right side.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Trade was a win win win. Win for Roth as he wasnt getting more than 15 minutes if he stayed. Win for Sarnia as he will help round out their offense for 2 seasons. Win for Soo as they get picks and had so many forwards nipping at Roths heels that its not much of a step down for them.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Roth was not happy with his ice time down the stretch and in the playoffs last season. I believe there is a good chance that he requested a trade and that may help to explain the mediocre return. I'm looking forward to seeing more Mufarreh and Watson on the right side.
Mediocre return? Almost the same return that Merkley commanded.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Mediocre return? Almost the same return that Merkley commanded.
Yeah but Merkley was a first round pick I think and Roth was a free agent signing so it's great for the hounds they pick up a couple picks they never had

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Good evening Soo fans. Just wanted to let you know that if you're coming down to Guelph and are purchasing your tickets at the game I just wanted to let you know that the 121 Red Arrows Air Cadet Sqd are fundraising and have tickets for the game. They are 18.00 each or 17.00 for 3 or more. They are in section 104 rows 2,3 and 4. This is the end where the Soo shoot twice. Great view of the entire ice. Just go to 121redarrows.ca and search "hockey tickets" the contact info is there. They have been doing this fundraiser with the Storm for 10 years. Hope to hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad