Post-Game Talk: Cr0ssch3cked

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Dude, have you watched any of the Florida-Tampa series? It could easily be 2-1 in favor of Tampa. The Rangers absolutely would have had problems with Tampa. Sorry to shit on your parade.
For some reason, that guy loves patting himself on the back about Tampa Bay. Kinda cringe tbh

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
For some reason, that guy loves patting himself on the back about Tampa Bay. Kinda cringe tbh

To be fair he's been so adamant about Tampa being a group of f*** wads for months.

Isles are no passion white flag sacks of shit and could realistically be up 3-0 on the super "elite" Hurricanes but they aren't. If he wants to collect his flowers on Tampa, let him as he's been more vocal on the being bad than anyone else.

I say this as someone who didn't want to face them either.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Also, Washington is really boring to watch. I knew they were bad but holy shit they don't do anything out there. 500 powerplays tonight and they couldn't do anything with them. Still doesn't feel like a playoff series, i guess that's what happens when it's a mismatch

To be fair he's been so adamant about Tampa being a group of f*** wads for months.

Isles are no passion white flag sacks of shit and could realistically be up 3-0 on the super "elite" Hurricanes but they aren't. If he wants to collect his flowers on Tampa, let him as he's been more vocal on the being bad than anyone else.

I say this as someone who didn't want to face them either.
There are no flowers to collect for Tampa. Everybody knew they weren't the same team so i'm not sure why people keep talking about them. Probably would have slaughtered them too lol

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Also, Washington is really boring to watch. I knew they were bad but holy shit they don't do anything out there. 500 powerplays tonight and they couldn't do anything with them. Still doesn't feel like a playoff series, i guess that's what happens when it's a mismatch

The wildcard spots were a race of finding the 2 teams that sucked the least.

We drew a team that sucked in lieu of another team that also sucked. Good for us, thats what happens when you finish 1st.

If it were Detroit, we'd still be up 3-0 but the games would have probably looked something like 6-1, 5-3 and 5-2 and Panarin may have 2 points in the series.

For all the anxiety coming into to this one, I think MOST of us felt like the playoffs would really start in round 2. Lucky for us I think we're a tough match up for Carolina. Not only are they the softest team in the playoffs, they need 30 chances to score 2. Rangers need 3 and somehow end up with 5.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
The only thing wrong with this game is that I fear once they face Carolina it's going to be a very rude awakening in game 1. They'll need to adjust quickly because this is a completely lopsided mismatch, the Caps don't belong in the playoffs. The goal differential thing is 100% a factor, they are atrocious. I realize they have some injuries but their fans should be ashamed, Ovechkin is embarrassing himself out there floating all over the ice.

Rangers played a very mature game. They could've tried to run it up in the 3rd but they 1-3-1'd it up and flipped pucks out without hesitation. Great coaching, their opponent has basically zero offensive threats. Would not want to be doing that against Carolina though.

And now we wait for the Caps to completely goon it up in Game 4..

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
The only thing wrong with this game is that I fear once they face Carolina it's going to be a very rude awakening in game 1. They'll need to adjust quickly because this is a completely lopsided mismatch, the Caps don't belong in the playoffs. The goal differential thing is 100% a factor, they are atrocious. I realize they have some injuries but their fans should be ashamed, Ovechkin is embarrassing himself out there floating all over the ice.

Rangers played a very mature game. They could've tried to run it up in the 3rd but they 1-3-1'd it up and flipped pucks out without hesitation. Great coaching, their opponent has basically zero offensive threats. Would not want to be doing that against Carolina though.

And now we wait for the Caps to completely goon it up in Game 4..
You have something in common with James Taylor? Enjoy:

Reactions: Greg02

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I was not a fan of Roslovic in the regular season but he has stepped it up for the playoffs.

Wennberg is obviously hurt. This was his worst game.

I dislike Goodrow's contract as much as anybody but he steps it up big time for the playoffs. This is why he got that contract. He has more goals on the Caps PP than Ovi does.

Everyone is talking about Rempe's penalty but the real crime was the calls on Goodrow and Cullye. Those were just normal everyday hits.
I was told people just think he’s good in the playoffs but he doesn’t really do anything………

Big win. Commanding series lead.
Lavi went to goodie-Wennberg-vesey when we took the lead. They played and forechecked pretty well together.
If he was auditioning them as a shutdown/matchup line to get fil in the line up they didn’t disappoint.

Panarin and Fox absolutely need to do more, but to me bread is far more engaged in these playoffs as opposed to last season. Both could have more points but Lindgren wound up making some key saves on their set ups

It seems the caps are keying on the tro/laf/bread combo and basically their strategy is to make any other line beat them but that one, luckily Zibby/kreids is going and our 3rd/4th lines are battle tested and contributing.
Tbh, for me anyway, I think we match up better against the canes. Looking fwd to closing this one out and playing them.

Last edited:

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I was told people just think he’s good in the playoffs but he doesn’t really do anything………

Big win. Commanding series lead.
Lavi went to goodie-Wennberg-vesey when we took the lead. They played and forechecked pretty well together.
If he was auditioning them as a shutdown/matchup line to get fil in the line up they didn’t disappoint.

Panarin and Fox absolutely need to do more, but to me bread is far more engaged in these playoffs as opposed to last season. Both could have more points but Lindgren wound up making some key saves on their set ups

It seems the caps are keying on the tro/laf/bread combo and basically their strategy is to make any other line beat them but that one, luckily Zibby/kreids is going and our 3rd/4th lines are battle tested and contributing.
Tbh, for me anyway, I think we match up better against the canes. Looking fwd to closing this one out and playing them.

Yup.

And I think it’s really smart to not activate Fil for the dirty dirty caps.

If we get the Canes, then he goes in. Remember, Fil was Mr. game 7 for us against them about 24 months ago.

I’m so fired up for TOMORROW.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
It’s pretty simple to me. The main issue with Rempe, again, is he’s so big and fast that he needs to pull up and brake as he hits vulnerable players. CK gets flak for not crushing guys in vulnerable spots, but he used to get the same treatment from refs like Rempe is. He’s learned when he can level guys- specifically when they’re mostly facing you, upright, and not going to end up flying headfirst into the boards. Otherwise finish your hit while braking so the refs recognize your intent not to injure. Rempe is so strong that he can still impact the play without leveling a vulnerable player.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
baf hit wuf wuf

Lazerus: Another dangerous hit by Matt Rempe, another chance for the NHL to look the other way

• Haha
Reactions: nevesis

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Why is there such a big gap until game 4?

Never mind. I missed game 4 in the schedule and was looking at the never to happen game 5.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
You guys are insane.

I have absolutely nothing against Rempe but this is interference. The puck was long gone.

This may have been the only penalty on the Rangers in this game that wasn't made up bullshit.

Did you stop watching out of town games or something in playoffs? We see games with well over 100 hits almost in each one. This is NOT called for interference, not even being late. The only reason it got called was because VR got remped and refs were helping Caps all night.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
You were shitting on him after 2 games. Cmon man. Washington is focused on stopping him big time. Nobody is lighting up the scoreboard btw. The Rangers leading scorer has 2 goals. Fox has 1 assist. It's been that kind of series. I will reserve judgement after the playoffs are over.
Wasting your breath. Not worth it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It’s pretty simple to me. The main issue with Rempe, again, is he’s so big and fast that he needs to pull up and brake as he hits vulnerable players. CK gets flak for not crushing guys in vulnerable spots, but he used to get the same treatment from refs like Rempe is. He’s learned when he can level guys- specifically when they’re mostly facing you, upright, and not going to end up flying headfirst into the boards. Otherwise finish your hit while braking so the refs recognize your intent not to injure. Rempe is so strong that he can still impact the play without leveling a vulnerable player.
I’m not sure it’s particularly simple but you make good points. Kreider absolutely was a bowling ball when he came into the league and the officials immediately started picking on him.
The thing with Rempe is, on top of the scrutiny of the officials, he has to deal with a two-bit goon challenging him every single f***ing game. I can’t think of a guy in NHL history who had a shittier - frankly, more discriminatory, “welcome” to the league. At least not in the modern era. It’s really awful. And it’s just cuz he’s big, goofy, unheralded, and wants to please everyone.

Reactions: Wtp99

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Watch party with the Caps fans was delightful. We all agreed that that felt more like a preseason game than a playoff game. Just no passion or intensity from either side really.

Also, I feel like Rempe is simply too big to be a forward in the NHL. It’s nearly impossible for him to avoid players heads or to completely blow them up because he’s just way too f***ing big. This is Pronger physics on steroids plus forechecking momentum.

He’s either going to have to rein it in at which point he won’t bring anything of interest to the table or he’s going to spend half his career in the box.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
This team proved something last night. They're different than the last 2 years. WSH is washed up but Rangers had a knack of playing down. They're not giving in this time. I'm feeling awkwardly positive going against anyone after finally doing what they couldn't do in nearly 2 decades... make a series short.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad