SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Why not ???
We already have Frost and Hayton at Center on lines 1 and 2 you want to put him on the 3rd line ? We need a couple of 19 year old forwards that can possibly be overagers next season and that won’t cost us many picks maybe Hugg from Kitchener to fill out our import spot if the price is right

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
We already have Frost and Hayton at Center on lines 1 and 2 you want to put him on the 3rd line ? We need a couple of 19 year old forwards that can possibly be overagers next season and that won’t cost us many picks maybe Hugg from Kitchener to fill out our import spot if the price is right

If we're looking at any additions, particularly for this season and next, I think they need to be on defense. Nick Grima on Sarnia would be a reasonable target.

GameTime

Oct 25, 2017
Not trying to cherry pick, using McKay and Porco because for years there has been a debate over who was better I always liked McKay better myself and I guess the hounds did also but Saginaw liked Porco enough to pick him 4th overall either Saginaw scouts blew that one or the hounds scouts just are dam good at what they do

No doubt McKay is having a great start to his season, but lets be realistic about a comparison between Porco and McKay or any such comparisons between McKay and players like Frost or Hayton. Simply wishful thinking in my opinion.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Anyone know whats going on with Hayton? He was spotted at the Coyotes game last night. Presumably he was there to see their doctors.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
It's really frustrating to lose the game on a penalty that none of the refs saw. He had his back to the play and made a late call based on crowd reaction to the hit.

If he saw the play and called a penalty then so be it, but that type of BS is extremely unprofessional.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Ya but they were not drafted in the 2nd round lol
I know that but that being said they are no where near projected to be a frost or hayton. And unfortunately that goes for a lot of our bottom 6 forwards..

Nick suzuki for Joe Carroll, 2nd 2023,2nd,2024,3rd in 2020 ??? Would you do this ?

Suzuki will most likely be on his way to London.. just my own prediction. And just to make it clear I think the Hounds should sell at least Frost. IMO.

Reactions: thetank247

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Sell Frost and one of hollowell or sambrook for a player or 2 and some 2nds. Keep hayton, howdeshell and villalta and be competitive to no matter who you play in the first round and maybe even the second. Get those rookies (Kartye, O’Rourke, Johnston, McLean, Kerins...) some valuable playoff experience and have a comfortable draft cupboard moving forward for flexibility

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Anyone know whats going on with Hayton? He was spotted at the Coyotes game last night. Presumably he was there to see their doctors.
Would like to know as well. Coyotes have such bad luck I am beginning to fear he is injured much worse than originally thought.

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
On Saturday night the Owen Sound Attack became the first team to beat the London Knights since October 27. Strangely, It happened one year and 11 months after London ended Owen Sound’s 15-game winning streak.

Reactions: three dog night

Jack Attack

Mar 19, 2016
Why would the Soo sell when they'll easily win their division and should make the Conference finals???
If people think that a team as good as the Soo should sell then who should buy?

Reactions: soo hound girl

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
Until the Hounds win a playoff series? Chill, look at last year, Owen Sound and the Rangers nearly took us down. On another note. I just noticed 2 similar websites, maybe for Canadians and Americans. Chl.ca and OHL.com. Any one have an idea why ?

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
Also, I know from experience. You need adversity and challenge's. A team needs to win and lose, get embarrassed, regroup, rebound. Build character. Anything worth doing shouldn't be easy.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Why would the Soo sell when they'll easily win their division and should make the Conference finals???
If people think that a team as good as the Soo should sell then who should buy?

Hey forest... I can’t see you...
All these trees are in the way.

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
His injury must be more serious than the Hounds are saying. Heard that the Coyotes will decide if he plays at world juniors, shoulder injury!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
No doubt McKay is having a great start to his season, but lets be realistic about a comparison between Porco and McKay or any such comparisons between McKay and players like Frost or Hayton. Simply wishful thinking in my opinion.
MacKay is having a great season and he is developing into a great player. He is a very different player than Porco. I consider him more of a power forward like Howdeshell. Why are we comparing him to a 4th overall pick?

As for the value of 2nd round picks, can we all just agree that we would rather have them than not have them? From the 1999-2002 classes we only have 2 players picked in the top 2 rounds - Barrett Hayton and Ryan O'Rourke. Isn't it better to have more players like these? Why is this even up for debate?

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Reactions: shot caller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes