SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I had to listen to a bunch of cocky and arrogant London fans (the only kind) all night, but enjoyed getting the last laugh. That makes it 9 consecutive wins against the pitiful Knights.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
I certainly was. I was down in Kitchener for some work training, so I drove over and grabbed a ticket for my first game in London.

The game was announced as a sellout, but there were a lot of empty seats. The atmosphere was pretty decent after London goals, but very quiet for long periods.
Attended a game there with a friend a few years back we both wore red hound jerseys and let me tell you we got some wild looks they definitely like the colour green better lol

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Attended a game there with a friend a few years back we both wore red hound jerseys and let me tell you we got some wild looks they definitely like the colour green better lol
Loved London arena it was almost like a smaller version of NHL arenas good atmosphere and overall the fans were a lot of fun although we got beat pretty bad they had Marner and company though

Reactions: aresknights

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Big win tonight McKay was the best player on the ice tonight he keeps this up we will be fine and his draft position will soar
I thought MacKay was good, and he earned the first star in the game, but personally I thought Villalta was the best player on the ice tonight. His game appears to have taken a step to the next level this season. This seasons version of the team is really impressing me.

Reactions: soo hound girl

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I caught the game on TV. I was impressed by lots of guys. I like the tempo and intensity. I see Demeo, Frost and Howdy have A’s. What’s the latest chatter about the C?

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I suspect that is the reason for the delay and I agree with Hayton being named Captain.

Looks like Sambrook and DeMeo are alternating wearing the 3rd 'A' between home and away games?
I was thinking the same.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Said it earlier.. team should not sell unless we are far out of playoffs. You can move a player or two like Howdeshell or Johnson and Sambrook put players like Frost and Hayton are hard to come by. You can trade them for 4 or 5 picks each but you likely dont doke close to getting a player of their caliber. You dont trade a $5 dollar bill for 2 loonies. You can move pieces... let the young guys grow and have 2 of the best players in junior hockey mentor them and help come playoff time. We had 2 power hour all star line ups in the last 5 or 6 years.. and didnt get the job done. Shows you can win with proper coaching and clicking at the right time.

Reactions: PuckLife

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
.. now if Arizona would only send Hayton back before next weekend we would be in great shape
I am happy that Hayton is where he is. Unlikely he makes the Yotes this year, but why would we want him back asap when he is getting top notch coaching and mentoring where he is and learning how to be a pro. Haven't heard a whiff about him suiting since he was on concussion protocol, so if he comes back now he sits here. Better to stay where he is in the short term. Maybe he even gets into an NHL game or nine before he returns.

When he comes back we will notice his impact right away.

Reactions: PuckLife

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
I definitely think that Hollowell will add some much needed fuel to our sputtering power play. Then when Barrett Hayton is returned you will see what should be a productive power play.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Where does Hollowell project to play in your defense pairings?
We have 4 OA right now, but assuming all of the defensemen are available to dress, I project the following:
DeMeo - Hollowell
O'Rourke - Sambrook
Wale - LeGuerrier

Calisti
Caron

O'Rourke and Sambrook have been the first pairing thus far, so are familiar with each other. That's why I think they will keep them together. I have really liked Wale early on this season so I think he will make the third pairing ahead of Calisti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad