SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Why are you trolling over here? I really hope London can find a way to beat us finally and get that monkey off their back. If not, I would hate for that to hang over their heads all season and into the playoffs during a "go for it" year, after adding so much talent at no cost.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
With McLeod to Saginaw Raftis has to be leaning more towards selling.. Saginaw is bound to make another move or two.

Reactions: Radar9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
McLeod got a pretty decent price. Hopefully that bodes well if we sell.

Yu consider that a pretty good price? No offence but Penman isn't much of a player. He's ok but doesn't really project to being more than a #4 type D-Man. No real offensive flare. Decent Defensive guy for sure. At best he may develop into a 25 point D-Man as a 19 year old? Then ONE 2nd and three 3rds?

McLeod is a solid player. He's a good centre that can score. He's been through the playoff ringer too. He may not be at the level of the Team Canada players but pretty close.

Reactions: Tarantula

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I dont think hes pretty close. If you take tippett away from him i dont think he scores as much. Frost is the reason others score. I would think /hope that frost would get more.

Great pickup for Saginaw tho at a good price. I just dont think hes in the same league as team Canada players. They're the ones that make others better, not the other way around. IMO.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Why are you trolling over here? I really hope London can find a way to beat us finally and get that monkey off their back. If not, I would hate for that to hang over their heads all season and into the playoffs during a "go for it" year, after adding so much talent at no cost.
Trolling ? i am not trolling

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Yu consider that a pretty good price? No offence but Penman isn't much of a player. He's ok but doesn't really project to being more than a #4 type D-Man. No real offensive flare. Decent Defensive guy for sure. At best he may develop into a 25 point D-Man as a 19 year old? Then ONE 2nd and three 3rds?

McLeod is a solid player. He's a good centre that can score. He's been through the playoff ringer too. He may not be at the level of the Team Canada players but pretty close.

I"ve seen a lot of Penman and I like his game. He plays really solid defense and uses the body well. He makes good breakout passes and I think his point totals will soar as he develops his offensive game, where he skates well and has a solid shot.

The return is comparable to what Guelph got for Merkley and more than what Windsor got for DiPietro.

That's pretty decent for a forward that has amazing potential, but has never really developed into anything more than a ppg guy with defensive deficiencies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I"ve seen a lot of Penman and I like his game. He plays really solid defense and uses the body well. He makes good breakout passes and I think his point totals will soar as he develops his offensive game, where he skates well and has a solid shot.

The return is comparable to what Guelph got for Merkley and more than what Windsor got for DiPietro.

That's pretty decent for a forward that has amazing potential, but has never really developed into anything more than a ppg guy with defensive deficiencies.

Lots of ppg players, not many with McLeod’s speed and defensive/puck possession ability

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
What ever happened to the Peca trade from Barrie just kinda disappeared thought it was a good pickup for the hounds

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Totally agree Peca for DeMeo
Hugg for one of Trott/Jacklin and 2 3rds ?

Lipanov, an NHL 3rd rounder, cost Kitchener two 3rds early in the season. Could that be the standard this year for a comparable import?

It's no secret that moving veteran import players isn't easy the closer you get to the deadline. If the Rangers go into a full sell, perhaps the Soo, with an open import spot, would be interested in Hugg, who is better than Lipanov.

Add another 99 forward like Yantsis (40 goal pace) who'll more than likely play an OA season and you've improved your depth up front adding a ton of offence.

You start your rebuild next year selling off Hayton, Yantsis, etc. As long as your 2019 draft is looked after, (you don't have a 2nd in 19), replacing the rest of your draft cupboard can happen with next year's sell off. It all doesn't have to happen at once.

To Soo:
Hugg
Yantsis
3rd in 19 (Bar)

To Kitchener:
Carroll
Trott
2nd in 21 (Wsr)
2nd in 23
3rd in 22
3rd in 23 (Er)
*2nd in 24
*4th in 20 (Lon)

The trade breaks down as two 3rds and Trott for Hugg.

Carroll and a 2nd in 21 for Yantsis. The conditional picks are if Yantsis plays an OA season. That's a good price for an OA who scores at that rate.

We send you the 3rd in 19 (Bar) for the 2nd in 23. That pick will be very early in the 3rd round. Not so far away from where you'd be picking if you still had your own 2nd. That helps with your rebuild since you don't have a 2nd in 19.

Reactions: soo hound girl

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Villalta kept you guys in the game tonight. Easily could have been 4-1 after one period.
This O’Rourke kid looks REALLY good. Good future for this team.

Reactions: Houndzfan

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
What are you guys teaching up there in the Soo?

Holy crap shut up Don. He just wanted to hear the crowd really cheer for it. Frost didn't know they'd go up 14-0.. There are more times than not when people have acted out of hand and hockey god's haven't done anything. "Hockey god's will get ya every time".. This guy annoys me.

Reactions: Bear54 and SuperMod

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
What are you guys teaching up there in the Soo?

Cherry is the biggest bully around don’t know how he gets away with what he gets away with Frost is a 19 year old kid enjoying a game and playing for his country he was not trying to show anybody up I wonder if he has got the balls to talk about Comtois on Saturday night ? He has been getting threats on social media about his diving and not scoring the penalty shot in OT. We should be proud of these kids no matter the outcome after all it is just a game.

Reactions: Bear54 and SuperMod

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Cherry won't gloat. He'll conduct himself the same way he did when Hamilton beat the Soo in the finals.

But I bet he rips the people who are giving Comtois and others a hard time on social media etc. No way he twists the knife on Comtois.

Reactions: soo hound girl

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

I have to honest with you... Even as a Knights fan if I had to choose the Soo or the Knights to win in a playoff series “right now”, I would say the Soo.

London has yet to figure out the defensive side of the puck and establish everyone’s role. Everyone right now wants to jump up into the rush and if they miss, it’s a odd man race back the other way....

However, if they do start to really gel and get creative and start playing defense like we know they can, look out!! Not many will stop the Knights then.... On paper we have the best defense, but often times we don’t act like it...

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
Sandin... that's all I'll say
I know he left the door open a crack when he mentioned he didn't know where he was playing after WJ's but I can't see Dubis sending him to the Hounds. He's having a great season with TO. Can't see it...but there is that 5% chance we'll see him one last time in a Hounds jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad