SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I agree, but the question was where’s the link to his midget AAA games....

I don’t like using players stats from midget to project a range of what they could be. Using CCHL, OJHL, NOJHL, etc are much better.

I do not know. A lot of good players come out of Midget AAA, and Tomasini's numbers are better than most of them.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Was sent some information

Talks ramping up of Frost going to London. Hollowells name was in the mix too.

I usually come forward with concrete info but I trust this source, it doesnt happen it doesnt but was told :

Evangelista or Panwar not both..plus hearing 2 2nds 3 3rds and a 4th

This is a offer FROM London to SSM. Not SSM pursuing London

To be fair, it is a buyers market. If SSM is selling, then there may be 5 or 6 teams at most who could be considered buyers right now: London, Ottawa and Niagara for sure. Owen Sound, Sudbury and Saginaw may also be in that mix. However I guess if someone is willing to pay for Frost specifically, then SSM would be willing to sell Frost.

If it was from London, I would think Frost + Hollowell for Evangelista, Perrott, Timms, 3 2nd's, 2 3rd's and whatever late round picks would be the price. If that happens though, then Sambrook, Villalta, Hayton and Howdeshell would also be sold I think.

I have a feeling SSM is more likely to just run with the team they have. Just keep Frost and everyone else and just go for it. SSM is at least the 4th best team in the OHL right now.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I still think Soo will sell. But I'd be kicking the tires on Tippett and a defenceman before I unloaded anything.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
This is just natural intuition more than a rumour, but I can see SSM adding a 99' or two (specifically a LD and a winger) at the TDL this year. Then having them add to the group this year and come back as OA's for next year. Nothing super fancy, but perhaps trading a roster player (i.e. Jacklin, Trott or one of the 01's) and some mid round picks in each deal.

I can also see them moving DeMeo out for a few mid-round picks, unless they feel like he is going to be used. It seems like he does not fit the team's style and even though I am sure DeMeo likes SSM and vice-versa, it'll be more of a courteous to let him play everyday (as he should). I think Jacklin could also be moved out for a late round pick. That is the type of deadline I can see SSM having.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
If I'm trading both Frost and Hollowell to London then the minimum asking price is going to be what Niagara paid for Robertson. They may be the top 2 forwards in the league and while Hollowell is way better than Paquette, he is also an OA. I think the values are comparable.

London doesn't have a player the calibre of Billy Constantinou to offer, but Evangelista or Guskov and Perrott would be be getting close. I'd say 5 2nds and 4 3rds would do the trick along with Timms or Lochead.

I wouldn't hate if we made some modest additions after that. A total teardown isn't necessary.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
If I'm trading both Frost and Hollowell to London then the minimum asking price is going to be what Niagara paid for Robertson. They may be the top 2 forwards in the league and while Hollowell is way better than Paquette, he is also an OA. I think the values are comparable.

London doesn't have a player the calibre of Billy Constantinou to offer, but Evangelista or Guskov and Perrott would be be getting close. I'd say 5 2nds and 4 3rds would do the trick along with Timms or Lochead.

I wouldn't hate if we made some modest additions after that. A total teardown isn't necessary.

No idea if the rumor has any legs but Id agree it would have to be a Niagara/Fronts type return for both players as you suggest.
But Evangalista/Perrott/Popov/Guskov are quality young players. (Obviously some higher than others, but at least 2 have equal or higher value than Constantinou. You are underselling Evangalista and Guskov value)
Timms, would be a throw in in any deal to open up an OA spot.
Lochead wouldnt be available. He picked London, held our for it, and has proven to be a valueable piece in a go for it year.

No idea what SSM will do. But it is an interesting situation. Not exactly like London last year but close

Reactions: zman77

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
No idea if the rumor has any legs but Id agree it would have to be a Niagara/Fronts type return for both players as you suggest.
But Evangalista/Perrott/Popov/Guskov are quality young players. (Obviously some higher than others, but at least 2 have equal or higher value than Constantinou. You are underselling Evangalista and Guskov value)
Timms, would be a throw in in any deal to open up an OA spot.
Lochead wouldnt be available. He picked London, held our for it, and has proven to be a valueable piece in a go for it year.

No idea what SSM will do. But it is an interesting situation. Not exactly like London last year but close

I'm really high on Billy Constantinou and I thought he was an excellent get for Kingston. He's an elite passer and skater, perfect for the modern style.

Evangelista looks to have a ton of potential, but Constantinou is a top pairing defenseman at age 17, while the former has barely played.

Guskov is a similarly talented player at the same age, but I think that the import tag would serve to reduce his value a little bit when comparing the two.

That's just my take on it, but the teams may feel differently.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018

Lochead and Guskov won't be going anywhere.

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
Teams have added big time at the deadline and have struggled and/or not made it deep in the playoffs. Take Sarnia for example with Konecny. Finishing 2nd in the west and losing to a 7th place SSM beating them in 7 games. Mind you if Sarnia had won it would have been Erie's game anyway. But you never know. London stays on top and adds. Maybe something falls apart for London. Anything can happen. I'm skeptical of selling off now that we're this far in. Our young guys seem to have taken a page out of Hayden Verbeek's book and seem to keep on the work ethic. I'd say stay competitive.

Team doesn't sell. Adds some inexpensive depth players being that the market is saturated in sellers this year. Make the run for it.

Reactions: soo hound girl

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm really high on Billy Constantinou and I thought he was an excellent get for Kingston. He's an elite passer and skater, perfect for the modern style.

Evangelista looks to have a ton of potential, but Constantinou is a top pairing defenseman at age 17, while the former has barely played.

Guskov is a similarly talented player at the same age, but I think that the import tag would serve to reduce his value a little bit when comparing the two.

That's just my take on it, but the teams may feel differently.

I didnt see much of Evangalists (parts of 2 games at OHL cup) in MM and the OHL LK sample size is small but being a 1st rd pick carries some cred.
Constantinou I liked what I saw in MM loop. Solid player.
Guskov will be a solid ttop 6 in this league for a couple years. Not afraid of contact, tough areas on the ice, has skills. But ya import may/may not hurt value. Kid can play and with new rules allowing 1st yr imports to get traded in a specific window.... But yes limited spots/ and even if he is an upgrade over what a team has would they piss off an agency/agent letting a kid go they recruited to come to make room for a upgrade.....
London choose him over a very solid import D (Koly to Flint as a waiver pick up) so Id guess he is staying.
Who knows, fun times to speculate.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
If it was from London, I would think Frost + Hollowell for Evangelista, Perrott, Timms, 3 2nd's, 2 3rd's and whatever late round picks would be the price.

How about you split the difference? Fischhaber's price is close, except it's a buyers market with SSM selling in this scenario. Evangelista, Perrott, Timms, 4 2nds, 3 3rds for Frost & Hollowell.

Once again i'd rather hold onto Frost....or any Hound than trade them to London! It would have to be a "stupid good" deal for me to let anyone of our players help them! Just my thoughts of course.
Business is business. Once your GM starts making things personal, it's time to look for a new GM. London is exactly the team that we should be doing business with. We want young skaters and high picks, and they have both in abundance. Perrot would be a great add to our blue line as an '01 RD, and Evangelista has a high ceiling that we can continue to develop toward. Timms would be an OA d that would allow us to give Calisti more time to develop or trade for a '99 returning d, as well as deal DeMeo elsewhere for a few mid round picks.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Why everyone Hates London I just don’t get it is because they’re always a good team and they know how to draft they get guys to report .I always liked London there’s one team I really don’t like And I say if the hounds are going to sell I would love to see frost go to London and make it all the way

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
Not sure what will happen and don’t pretend to know what the greyhounds cupboards are like. But pls don’t sell I would much rather cheer for the hounds in the western final if the attack won’t be there and it sure looks like we have no choice but to sell. So I propose we send Phillips and Suzuki to the hounds if you need o/a we can send either Hancock or durzi your pick. (Structure the deal so that both teams have something left in the cupboard to start the rebuild) and let’s watch the hounds go out and win the ohl title. I’d much rather this then watching another big market team (London) use all the tools us small market and out of the way teams don’t have the luxury of

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
Why everyone Hates London I just don’t get it is because they’re always a good team and they know how to draft they get guys to report .I always liked London there’s one team I really don’t like And I say if the hounds are going to sell I would love to see frost go to London and make it all the way
I don’t hate London I just enjoy watching them lose

Reactions: Lycanthrope
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad